Flashed wrong firmware!!

Search This thread

cristianfromiowa

Mar 8, 2014
Please could someone help me i know it was stupid on my part so i dont need everyone to let me know but i flashed the wrong firmware on my SGH-I777 and it now has the firmware for the I9100. I have tried to go back and flash the correct firmware using odin and i have not succeeded can someone please guide me because i am stuck!!!

SteveMurphy

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 22, 2012
Atlanta
Please could someone help me i know it was stupid on my part so i dont need everyone to let me know but i flashed the wrong firmware on my SGH-I777 and it now has the firmware for the I9100. I have tried to go back and flash the correct firmware using odin and i have not succeeded can someone please guide me because i am stuck!!!

What did you flash?

In most cases all you'd need to do is flash an i777 kernel and modem, and you'd have yourself a personally ported ROM.

But to begin with, let us know exactly what and how flashed.

cristianfromiowa

Mar 8, 2014
modem ,kernel and rom

i forget what the program i flashed with was called but it bricked my phone and the only way i got it un-bricked was to treat the phone as if it was a i9100 model and i installed a i9100 rom using odin 3.7 and i got it to work but a lot of things don't work well now and its really glitchy. The two touch keys to the right dont work and the phone constantly freezes. When i try to use odin to fix it, the odin program just says error and freezes. Thanks for your response bro, and sorry about my pretty lame descriptions...:D

What did you flash?

In most cases all you'd need to do is flash an i777 kernel and modem, and you'd have yourself a personally ported ROM.

SteveMurphy

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 22, 2012
Atlanta
Just try and flash an i777 stock ROM, like Shostock or Cooked. In other words, download whichever one you want and flash it in recovery.

The fact that your buttons don't work is an easy fix, that isn't an issue.

Try and flash one of the ROMs I mentioned via recovery and let us know how it goes. You should have absolutely no trouble at all.

cristianfromiowa

Mar 8, 2014
THANK YOU!!

Thanks for the help i got the phone back to normal using show stock and odin , thanks i appreciate you help!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What did you flash?

Just try and flash an i777 stock ROM, like Shostock or Cooked. In other words, download whichever one you want and flash it in recovery.

The fact that your buttons don't work is an easy fix, that isn't an issue.

Try and flash one of the ROMs I mentioned via recovery and let us know how it goes. You should have absolutely no trouble at all.