Scratches on Lens

Search This thread

R@mi

Nov 30, 2011
I have some scratches over the camera lens! and I'v been extra carful with this phone so far!
I'm the only one having these so far??

how is yours holding?

Last edited:

bodson66

Mar 23, 2012
Sudbury
but then you will not have a waterproof phone anymore.. or i'm wrong ?

You have to heat up the back then the adhesive comes loose, make sure you order a back glass that has the adhesive already applied and then you reheat that when you put it on. I did it on my Xperia Z and it worked fine. It's basically just a piece of waterproof tape that keeps the water out.

Reactions: R@mi

yaabaa1986

Oct 16, 2011
Or mayb you can use some p2000 waterproof sandingpaper and allot of patients? Don't know for sure, replacing is always possible...

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

R@mi

Nov 30, 2011
You have to heat up the back then the adhesive comes loose, make sure you order a back glass that has the adhesive already applied and then you reheat that when you put it on. I did it on my Xperia Z and it worked fine. It's basically just a piece of waterproof tape that keeps the water out.

can you show me a place from whom i can order the above??
thank you man!:good:

yaabaa1986

Oct 16, 2011
No probl.
Can you mayb try to polish the back after removing? I am quite anxious to know if it would work, in that case 1 can pollish the whole phone, also the frame (to end up with an mirror/chrome finish)?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

koenster

Jan 1, 2011
Lisse
Hi!
I ordered this (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/for-...cover-back-housing-back-glass/1603707841.html) back plate two weeks ago and it arrived yesterday, my old one was broken.. I don't know if it's glass or hard plastic, but it's holding up great without any protection!
There is no shatter film on the backplate, so I think its not original but OK.
It was very easy to take the old one off; just some heat, a sharp knife and a guitar pick did the trick.
The new one came with adhesive, and after cleaning the frame it went right on!
All in all very nice, and easy install, may be original, may be not.

Press thanks if I helped you :thumbup:
Sent from my C6903 using xda premium

Reactions: R@mi

R@mi

Nov 30, 2011
Hi!
I ordered this (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/for-...cover-back-housing-back-glass/1603707841.html) back plate two weeks ago and it arrived yesterday, my old one was broken.. I don't know if it's glass or hard plastic, but it's holding up great without any protection!
There is no shatter film on the backplate, so I think its not original but OK.
It was very easy to take the old one off; just some heat, a sharp knife and a guitar pick did the trick.
The new one came with adhesive, and after cleaning the frame it went right on!
All in all very nice, and easy install, may be original, may be not.

Press thanks if I helped you :thumbup:
Sent from my C6903 using xda premium

dose it have the sony logo on the back ?

koenster

Jan 1, 2011
Lisse
dose it have the sony logo on the back ?
Hi!
For copyright issues it's blurred on the site, but it's there. First I was worried about the quality of the logo's and branding, but when it arrived, all the logo's (Sony, Xperia, NFC icon, G camera icon) were all very crisp and detailed!
It looks like the real deal :)

Top Liked Posts