[Q] AT&T LG Optimus G Pro problem-Please Help

Search This thread

Knvsmom

Oct 28, 2008
Hello All,

I have searched the forums but can find no solution specifically for this phone, so here I am.
Awhile back AT&T offered a minor update, (not KitKat), for my LG e980. No problem, updated just fine. I have never flashed this phone and it is not rooted, but my IMEI # is now 0 and I don't know why? With the upgrade to KitKat coming out, I won't be able to get it with my IMEI # gone. This was a new phone out of the box and I did nothing to the phone other than that small upgrade. I don't want to get a replacement because of all the stuff I have on this phone. Is there anyway to reset, recover, or restore my missing IMEI #? I'm running Androud 4.1.2. Software V e98010p. Any help or a point to the right forum to fix this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

cougar214

May 16, 2011
Go to Menu --> General--> Backup & Reset--> Factory data reset. This should fix the problem. If it doesn't, bring the phone back for a replacement.

stulzerl

Sep 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida
Hello All,

I have searched the forums but can find no solution specifically for this phone, so here I am.
Awhile back AT&T offered a minor update, (not KitKat), for my LG e980. No problem, updated just fine. I have never flashed this phone and it is not rooted, but my IMEI # is now 0 and I don't know why? With the upgrade to KitKat coming out, I won't be able to get it with my IMEI # gone. This was a new phone out of the box and I did nothing to the phone other than that small upgrade. I don't want to get a replacement because of all the stuff I have on this phone. Is there anyway to reset, recover, or restore my missing IMEI #? I'm running Androud 4.1.2. Software V e98010p. Any help or a point to the right forum to fix this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

No way to reset if you didn't back up anything

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

polar2792

Oct 23, 2011
Gastonia, NC
Factory reset makes the phone like it was when he left AT&T or recieved in the mail. Doesn't need a backup.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

MythicBlue

Jun 23, 2010
Hmmm... it's my understanding that a reset will not fix this as it has to with the EFS which could be corrupted.... I went through this on my last phone and a reset did not work nor did going back to stock... my phone was toast...the only is to restore from an EFS back up which sounds like he didn't do or take it in and have it fixed... as for losing everything on the phone just copy everything over to your ext sd ...

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app

sidmax10

Apr 16, 2014
Lg optimus g pro iemi repair

Hello All,

I had same problem n i reset my imei within 1 hour by below method This mathod is for lg optimis g but ALSO WORK FOR
LG OPTIMUS G PRO E980 AT&T
Here is the link
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1942417

The following instructions are to be used to repair your G2X/P999 phone's IMEI number if it has been changed to all zeros which can happen due to a bad flash. Your phone's actual IMEI number is printed on the box your phone came in and it is on a sticker located under the battery.

1) Download QPST
http://hosting.ecap-droid.com/Droid/...pub=bxfo8sfkv6

2) Install QPST and pin it to the Start Menu

3) Download LG Drivers

4) Install LG Drivers

5) In the phone’s Settings -> Applications -> Development -> enable USB debugging

6) Access the phone's hidden menu using the phone keypad (dialer), enter: 3845#*980#

7) In Port Setting enable CP USB (do not enable Retain ...) then press: OK ( SKIP THIS STAP )

8) Plug your phone into the USB port and wait a few seconds until the USB drivers install.

9) Access the LGE Mobile USB Modem driver through Control Panel -> Device Manager -> LGE Mobile USB Modem -> Advanced -> Advanced Port Settings

10) Click on the box next to “Append to Log” so that a checkmark is in that box.

11) Click on: Query Modem

The window above “Query Modem” should fill up with (the following data is from my phone, your phone’s Revision may be and IMEI will be somewhat different):

“ATQ0V1E0 - OK
AT+GMM - 0
AT+FCLASS=? - +FCLASS: (0-1)
AT#CLS=? - COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
AT+GCI? - COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
AT+GCI=? - COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
ATI1 - Manufacturer: QUALCOMM INCORPORATED
Model: 0
Revision: M6600A-SCAUTNZ-2.0.9720T 1 [MAR 11 2012 10:00:00] MP:TRULGE_08.09.02R_MDM
IMEI: 0127XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (I’ve X’d out my IMEI for security reasons)
+GCAP: +CGSM,+DS,+ES
ETC…”

If that doesn’t happen, then the Port Setting has probably reverted back to “AP USB” and will need to be changed back to “CP USB” or the LG drivers didn't install fully or correctly or the computer's usb connection or the usb cable has a problem. Check the phone’s screen and see if the Port Setting is still at “CP USB”. If it’s not (back on “AP USB”) redo step 7. If the setting is still at "CP USB" then reinstall the LG drivers. If there's still a problem, it may be the computer's USB port or the USB cable.

12) Click on: View log

The phone’s current IMEI is listed in the information.

a) If the IMEI is the same as the original one, that means it hasn’t really changed from the original IMEI and it should be OK after the phone is reflashed with a .kdz update file. Flash the phone with a .kdz file by using the offline method.

b) If the IMEI is not the same as the original one, that means it needs to be changed back to the original one. If the IMEI has to be changed, continue from step 13 (the next step).

13) In the terminal port setting, get the LGE Mobile USB Modem COM Port number by accessing the USB driver through Control Panel -> Device Manager -> LGE Mobile USB Modem -> Advanced -> Advanced Port Settings -> COM Port Number

Write down the port number.

14) Close the LGE Mobile USB Modem Properties window.

15) Run QPST Configuration from QPST folder in the Start Menu

16) In QPST Configuration, click on: Ports tab

17) In Ports window, click on the Port which has the phone listed as FFA-QSC6295 (DEAD00D) with the USB Link

18) Write down the COM port number with USB Link. For example: COM44 = 44 It should match the COM Port Number you previously wrote down in step 13.

19) In QPST Configuration, click on: Phone tab

20) In Active Phones window, click on the phone listed as FFA-QSC6295 DEAD00D ZRF6500 with the same COM port as you wrote down previously

21) In the QPST Configuration menu, click on: Start Clients, and click on: Software Download

22) In QPST Software Download, click on the: Backup tab

23) A dialog box should appear with the same COM port number as you selected previously and there should be a name for the QCN File which has the ESN number in it (DEAD00D_1.qcn) and an SPC (Service Programming Code) number of 000000

24) If you want to, add information to the QCN File name to make it more explanatory. For example:
DEAD00D_1_BEFORE_IMEI_Fix.qcn

25) Browse to a location you want to save the QCN backup file to

26)Click on: Start

27) Run RF NV Manager from the QPST folder in the Start Menu

28) In the RF NV Manager menu, click on: Setting, and click on: Comport

29) In the Comport Configuration dialog box, click on the arrow in the selection window and select the port number you wrote down from step and click on: OK

30) In the RF NV Manager menu, click on: File, and click on: Read From Phone

31) The RF NV Manager window should fill up with the NV items from your phone

32) Click on item number: 550 NV_UE_IMEI_I

33) Next to the list of NV items, the IMEI number currently in your phone will appear as list of 9 boxes with numbers in it.

34) Above the IMEI number list, enable Hex so that a checkmark appears in the selection box

35) The IMEI number is listed in Hex in reverse order from the bottom up

36) Prepare your 15 digit IMEI number as in the following example but use your own IMEI number:

The example IMEI used is: 012766-00-012345-2

If you're lazy, download the IMEI Converter from http://www.sendspace.com/file/a3spfh and use it then jump to step 36.5

If you're not lazy, or the IMEI Converter download isn't working, here's how to do it manually.

36.1) Rewrite your IMEI number without dashes.

For example: 012766-00-012345-2 becomes 012766000123452

36.2) Rewrite your 15 digit IMEI so it's separated into a list of 8 groups, with the first number by itself and the rest in two number pairs.

For example: 012766000123452 becomes 0 12 76 60 00 12 34 52

36.3) Reverse the numbers in each pair.

For example: 0 12 76 60 00 12 34 52 becomes 0 21 67 06 00 21 43 25

36.4) Add 08 and a to the number.

For example: 0 21 67 06 00 21 43 25 becomes 08 0a 21 67 06 00 21 43 25

36.5) Rearrange the pairs of hex numbers into a vertical list so that the first pair on the left of the string of Hex numbers is at the top of the list and continue with each successive pair downwards.

For example: 08 0a 21 67 06 00 21 43 25 becomes:

0a

36.6) Enter the pairs of hex numbers into the list of IMEI boxes starting from the top.

37) Click on: Write NV

38) After the IMEI is written to the phone, click on: File, in the menu and click on: Read From Phone

39) The NV Item data will be reread from the phone

40) Click on: NV item 550 NV_UE_IMEI_I which, when highlighted, should show the IMEI number.

41) Above the IMEI number list, enable Hex so that a checkmark appears in the selection box

42) The IMEI you previously entered in the boxes to the right of the NV item list should be there in HEX. The IMEI will be missing some leading zeros such as the 0 in 08 and 0a in the first two boxes and may also be missing in other boxes but that's nothing to worry about.

43) Write out the hex digits, adding the missing leading zero to each single hex digit and check it against the pairs of numbers in the list you entered. They should be the same.

44) If the IMEI is correct, you're done with fixing the IMEI

45) Make another NV backup as you did before but use a new file name such as:
DEAD00D_1_AFTER_IMEI_Fix.qcn

46) Exit all the programs you used, unplug the phone from the computer, reboot the phone and check the IMEI number

This is what the NV Item 550 where the IMEI number is located looks like as a block of memory:

00550 (0x0226) - OK
08 0A 21 67 06 00 21 43 25 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 | ..xx..xxxxx.......
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 | ................

Last edited:
Reactions: stfly and abumy

dantheman4207

Jan 26, 2014
call att they will prob send you a new one if its been less than a year since purchase they have to if not you may be able to talk them into it anyway if they cant fix the problem

cgigate

Sep 12, 2003
Texas, USA and Toronto,Canada
I had same problem n i reset my imei within 1 hour by below method This mathod is for lg optimis g but ALSO WORK FOR
Here is the link

The following instructions are to be used to repair your G2X/P999 phone's IMEI number if it has been changed to all zeros which can happen due to a bad flash. Your phone's actual IMEI number is printed on the box your phone came in and it is on a sticker located under the battery.

1) Download QPST

3) Download LG Drivers

4) Install LG Drivers

5) In the phone’s Settings -> Applications -> Development -> enable USB debugging

6) Access the phone's hidden menu using the phone keypad (dialer), enter: 3845#*980#

7) In Port Setting enable CP USB (do not enable Retain ...) then press: OK ( SKIP THIS STAP )

8) Plug your phone into the USB port and wait a few seconds until the USB drivers install.
Basically, the E980 does not have CP Modem under "Port Settings"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lg optimus g pro iemi repair

Hello All,

Here is the link

1) Download QPST

3) Download LG Drivers

4) Install LG Drivers

9) Access the LGE Mobile USB Modem driver through Control Panel -> Device Manager -> LGE Mobile USB Modem -> Advanced -> Advanced Port Settings

10) Click on the box next to “Append to Log” so that a checkmark is in that box.

11) Click on: Query Modem

The window above “Query Modem” should fill up with (the following data is from my phone, your phone’s Revision may be and IMEI will be somewhat different):

“ATQ0V1E0 - OK
    AT+GMM - 0
    AT+FCLASS=? - +FCLASS: (0-1)
    AT#CLS=? - COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
    AT+GCI? - COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
    AT+GCI=? - COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
    ATI1 - Manufacturer: QUALCOMM INCORPORATED
    Model: 0
    Revision: M6600A-SCAUTNZ-2.0.9720T 1 [MAR 11 2012 10:00:00] MP:TRULGE_08.09.02R_MDM
    IMEI: 0127XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (I’ve X’d out my IMEI for security reasons)
    +GCAP: +CGSM,+DS,+ES
    ETC…”

If that doesn’t happen, then the Port Setting has probably reverted back to “AP USB” and will need to be changed back to “CP USB” or the LG drivers didn't install fully or correctly or the computer's usb connection or the usb cable has a problem. Check the phone’s screen and see if the Port Setting is still at “CP USB”. If it’s not (back on “AP USB”) redo step 7. If the setting is still at "CP USB" then reinstall the LG drivers. If there's still a problem, it may be the computer's USB port or the USB cable.

12) Click on: View log

The phone’s current IMEI is listed in the information.

a) If the IMEI is the same as the original one, that means it hasn’t really changed from the original IMEI and it should be OK after the phone is reflashed with a .kdz update file. Flash the phone with a .kdz file by using the offline method.

b) If the IMEI is not the same as the original one, that means it needs to be changed back to the original one. If the IMEI has to be changed, continue from step 13 (the next step).

13) In the terminal port setting, get the LGE Mobile USB Modem COM Port number by accessing the USB driver through Control Panel -> Device Manager -> LGE Mobile USB Modem -> Advanced -> Advanced Port Settings -> COM Port Number

Write down the port number.

14) Close the LGE Mobile USB Modem Properties window.

15) Run QPST Configuration from QPST folder in the Start Menu

16) In QPST Configuration, click on: Ports tab

17) In Ports window, click on the Port which has the phone listed as FFA-QSC6295 (DEAD00D) with the USB Link

18) Write down the COM port number with USB Link. For example: COM44 = 44 It should match the COM Port Number you previously wrote down in step 13.

19) In QPST Configuration, click on: Phone tab

20) In Active Phones window, click on the phone listed as FFA-QSC6295 DEAD00D ZRF6500 with the same COM port as you wrote down previously

21) In the QPST Configuration menu, click on: Start Clients, and click on: Software Download

22) In QPST Software Download, click on the: Backup tab

23) A dialog box should appear with the same COM port number as you selected previously and there should be a name for the QCN File which has the ESN number in it (DEAD00D_1.qcn) and an SPC (Service Programming Code) number of 000000

24) If you want to, add information to the QCN File name to make it more explanatory. For example:
    DEAD00D_1_BEFORE_IMEI_Fix.qcn

25) Browse to a location you want to save the QCN backup file to

26)Click on: Start

27) Run RF NV Manager from the QPST folder in the Start Menu

28) In the RF NV Manager menu, click on: Setting, and click on: Comport

29) In the Comport Configuration dialog box, click on the arrow in the selection window and select the port number you wrote down from step and click on: OK

30) In the RF NV Manager menu, click on: File, and click on: Read From Phone

31) The RF NV Manager window should fill up with the NV items from your phone

32) Click on item number: 550 NV_UE_IMEI_I

33) Next to the list of NV items, the IMEI number currently in your phone will appear as list of 9 boxes with numbers in it.

34) Above the IMEI number list, enable Hex so that a checkmark appears in the selection box

35) The IMEI number is listed in Hex in reverse order from the bottom up

36) Prepare your 15 digit IMEI number as in the following example but use your own IMEI number:

The example IMEI used is: 012766-00-012345-2

If you're lazy, download the IMEI Converter from http://www.sendspace.com/file/a3spfh and use it then jump to step 36.5

If you're not lazy, or the IMEI Converter download isn't working, here's how to do it manually.

36.1) Rewrite your IMEI number without dashes.

For example: 012766-00-012345-2 becomes 012766000123452

36.2) Rewrite your 15 digit IMEI so it's separated into a list of 8 groups, with the first number by itself and the rest in two number pairs.

For example: 012766000123452 becomes 0 12 76 60 00 12 34 52

36.3) Reverse the numbers in each pair.

For example: 0 12 76 60 00 12 34 52 becomes 0 21 67 06 00 21 43 25

36.4) Add 08 and a to the number.

For example: 0 21 67 06 00 21 43 25 becomes 08 0a 21 67 06 00 21 43 25

36.5) Rearrange the pairs of hex numbers into a vertical list so that the first pair on the left of the string of Hex numbers is at the top of the list and continue with each successive pair downwards.

For example: 08 0a 21 67 06 00 21 43 25 becomes:

0a

36.6) Enter the pairs of hex numbers into the list of IMEI boxes starting from the top.

37) Click on: Write NV

38) After the IMEI is written to the phone, click on: File, in the menu and click on: Read From Phone

39) The NV Item data will be reread from the phone

40) Click on: NV item 550 NV_UE_IMEI_I which, when highlighted, should show the IMEI number.

41) Above the IMEI number list, enable Hex so that a checkmark appears in the selection box

42) The IMEI you previously entered in the boxes to the right of the NV item list should be there in HEX. The IMEI will be missing some leading zeros such as the 0 in 08 and 0a in the first two boxes and may also be missing in other boxes but that's nothing to worry about.

43) Write out the hex digits, adding the missing leading zero to each single hex digit and check it against the pairs of numbers in the list you entered. They should be the same.

44) If the IMEI is correct, you're done with fixing the IMEI

45) Make another NV backup as you did before but use a new file name such as:
    DEAD00D_1_AFTER_IMEI_Fix.qcn

46) Exit all the programs you used, unplug the phone from the computer, reboot the phone and check the IMEI number

This is what the NV Item 550 where the IMEI number is located looks like as a block of memory:

00550 (0x0226) - OK
    08 0A 21 67 06 00 21 43 25 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 | ..xx..xxxxx.......