STUCK on welcome screen & Dying batteries

Search This thread

TALBR

Oct 1, 2012
hello
i have installed a custom ROM I don't know which ROM specifically, but the ROM was 4.3

anyhow i did not feel comfortable with the rom the keyboard did not work , so I installed 4.3 stock rom through ODIN.

the stock rom did not work perfectly sometimes the device reboots itself ...and when i call the screen turns black and I can't use it until i finish the call.

I had four good batteries....
now I can't use two of them ( when I plug them in charger they make the big battery logo fully green , but they keep charging and never shows fully charged unplug message) ..when I turn the phone on its keeps rebooting and never stops .
the other two batteries shows incorrect percentage reading ,like when i charge the phone after its completely run out of battery Its instantly become 40% charged but it's actually less than 1% .

I don't know if its a hardware issue or the system capable of ruining the batteries.( all four batteries had the problem on the 4.3 stock rom) I've tried the batteries on different phone and i experienced the same issue.

i installed 4.4.2 stock rom through ODIN and i did not had the previous (non-battery) issues with it ...but today i turned the phone on and it displayed the samsung galaxy welcome screen (like if it got factory reset) !
and it displays (Unfortunately, S suggest has stopped) when i press ok it displays (Unfortunately,the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped) >ok> ( Unfortunately google play services has stopped) >ok> ( Unfortunately,the process com.android.phone has stopped) ..... and its keep doing that !

i did cache wipe and downloaded and installed other version of 4.4.2 stock rom and i experienced the same issue.

if i connect the phone to PC the it shows that the total capacity is only 107MB !!

i did not try factory reset i don't want to lose the data if it's there.

is there a way to recover the data?
how can i fix the phone?
what is it with the dying batteries?

Last edited:

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
hello
i have installed a custom ROM I don't know which ROM specifically, but the ROM was 4.3

anyhow i did not feel comfortable with the rom the keyboard did not work , so I installed 4.3 stock rom through ODIN.

the stock rom did not work perfectly sometimes the device reboots itself ...and when i call the screen turns black and I can't use it until i finish the call.

now I can't use two of them ( when I plug them in charger they make the big battery logo fully green , but they keep charging and never shows fully charged unplug message) ..when I turn the phone on its keeps rebooting and never stops .
the other two batteries shows incorrect percentage reading ,like when i charge the phone after its completely run out of battery Its instantly become 40% charged but it's actually less than 1% .

I don't know if its a hardware issue or the system capable of ruining the batteries.( all four batteries had the problem on the 4.3 stock rom) I've tried the batteries on different phone and i experienced the same issue.

i installed 4.4.2 stock rom through ODIN and i did not had the previous (non-battery) issues with it ...but today i turned the phone on and it displayed the samsung galaxy welcome screen (like if it got factory reset) !
and it displays (Unfortunately, S suggest has stopped) when i press ok it displays (Unfortunately,the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped) >ok> ( Unfortunately google play services has stopped) >ok> ( Unfortunately,the process com.android.phone has stopped) ..... and its keep doing that !

i did cache wipe and downloaded and installed other version of 4.4.2 stock rom and i experienced the same issue.

if i connect the phone to PC the it shows that the total capacity is only 107MB !!

how can i fix the phone?

OK... so ODIN is working, eh? That helps the situation. Now...

1) If you can get ADB working, probably.
2) By flashing a pit file through either ODIN or (custom) recovery. (I prefer using recovery as it's safer.)
3) Not completely sure, though it (might) be a hardware issue.

P.S. You should NEVER flash stock ROM unless you have a bricked device. I rather you flash CM11 even if you have a bricked device. I never trust stock ROM.

N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel,
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
hello

how can i fix the phone?
:)
I had that situation of storage earlier.
u have no choice but to wipe all.
if u still can connect ur device to a pc, i would suggest to copy ur data on ur internal storage to ur pc.

after that, earlier what I did was flash the zoot script from cwm and do a custom mega wipe. of course ur internal storage will be wiped. clean until all the folders nd files.
then reboot back to recovery to flash custom rom again.

if u r not rooted the only way is to factory reset full wipe system data nd cache.
wipe cache only won't solve the problem of internal storage.

to be frank, u jump from 4.3 to 4.4.2, u have to factory reset. too many users try to avoid this because lazy to resetup nd backup. but u have no choice.

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

OK... so ODIN is working, eh? That helps the situation. Now...

1) If you can get ADB working, probably.
2) By flashing a pit file through either ODIN or (custom) recovery. (I prefer using recovery as it's safer.)
3) Not completely sure, though it (might) be a hardware issue.

P.S. You should NEVER flash stock ROM unless you have a bricked device. I rather you flash CM11 even if you have a bricked device. I never trust stock ROM.

not all ppl like Cm / aosp.
and stock rom is not bad. it is just most ppl don't like to do a clean flash.
without stock rom, u can't use the full feature of spen, and it defeat the purpose of having spen.

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
I had that situation of storage earlier.
u have no choice but to wipe all.
if u still can connect ur device to a pc, i would suggest to copy ur data on ur internal storage to ur pc.

after that, earlier what I did was flash the zoot script from cwm and do a custom mega wipe. of course ur internal storage will be wiped. clean until all the folders nd files.
then reboot back to recovery to flash custom rom again.

if u r not rooted the only way is to factory reset full wipe system data nd cache.
wipe cache only won't solve the problem of internal storage.

to be frank, u jump from 4.3 to 4.4.2, u have to factory reset. too many users try to avoid this because lazy to resetup nd backup. but u have no choice.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

not all ppl like Cm / aosp.
and stock rom is not bad. it is just most ppl don't like to do a clean flash.
without stock rom, u can't use the full feature of spen, and it defeat the purpose of having spen.

Or Ditto N3, stock ROM has loads of bugs (kitkat)

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Or Ditto N3, stock ROM has loads of bugs (kitkat)

I agree that DN3 is great rom.
I also agree that sometimes official firmware also have bugs.
but, I don't agree that custom rom will free of bugs that official have it.
certain bugs will still remain.
don't forget, custom rom is build on Samsung stock base with some enhancement to feel better in smoothness, functions, battery life, as well as user interface.

EmptyArea

Dec 17, 2010
Not sure why there's an asop vs tw debate going on here... anyway, assuming the op's history is accurate, this sounds like hardware failure