Full WM6 or 6.1 on Shift

Search This thread
T

Tr1gg3R

1234? that's just to say yes to clearing storage in clearstorage.exe

i still don't have an SPL dump from anyone's device to say more than that.

umm.. also a tester for SD drivers would be nice ;)

If you could enlighten me on how I could aquire that SPL dump for you then I'd be more than happy to do so :)

sbueschi

May 5, 2007
But you have to admit he is right :D

On topic: I received my Shift on thursday and so far I love it.
The only thing I do not understand is how they (HTC) thought of the combination of Vista and Windows Mobile.

It looks like a great idea but for some reason they forgot you might want to have your e-mail on both sides of the coin :)

Right now I only have my E-Mail, Agenda, Tasks and Contacts in Vista but no idea about how to get them cross the border to SnapVue.
Pointers?

search for the USB tricks earlier in this thread. 2 methods that work

rosrog

Mar 13, 2008
today screen

I ve added to resco today plugin (Its a today plugin launcher)links towards file explorer and clearstorage. In this way if start button doesnt work or something goes wrong I can hard reset with one only click on the screen....

i have successfully imported today.reg with resco, but what next step should i take to find my owner info? any step by step on getting a today screen on snapvue? the initial threads i read seemed a bit difficult. please help.

sbueschi

May 5, 2007
i have successfully imported today.reg with resco, but what next step should i take to find my owner info? any step by step on getting a today screen on snapvue? the initial threads i read seemed a bit difficult. please help.

with Quickmenu (if installed, otherwise download it, check attachment list in this thread) you can access the personal settings where you find the today settings. You should have the standard WM6 items enabled to select if your registry import was correct. Select those and disable the snapvue item. Make sure you have quickmenu working. Some of us me included had an empty todayscreen once :mad:

michael85

Dec 4, 2006
One thing I noticed, when I put the phone in bootloader state, I don't have any sound or music anymore on Vista.
Is this sound regulated by WM or something :confused:

cmonex

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
some news - i got two SPL (bootloader) dumps, after examination it turns out they are identical (Shipped 1.30 version)

1) they do not allow hard reset by keycombo
2) they do not allow flashing from SD
3) there is a way to enter bootloader without booting OS, but i don't know yet which key or button has to be pressed.

solution:
1) make hardSPL (if you don't know what hard-SPL is then go have a look around this forum outside shift part. but basically it is a modified bootloader version that allows you to flash custom OS'es)
2) hack in hardreset keycombo into hardSPL and SD flash etc.

until hardSPL is done by shift project, the hard cold truth is, don't mess too much with snapvue to make it totally unbootable. BUT of course if we find the key(s) to enter bootloader, and also get mtty working, then you can simply issue a command to bootloader over the virtual USB connection. then you can hard reset. but until that's worked out, just don't mess too much!

and of course, a test device will greatly speed up hardSPL development, but until then some volunteers can help somewhat.

Last edited:

michael85

Dec 4, 2006
some news - i got two SPL (bootloader) dumps, after examination it turns out they are identical (Shipped 1.30 version)

1) they do not allow hard reset by keycombo
2) they do not allow flashing from SD
3) there is a way to enter bootloader without booting OS, but i don't know yet which key or button has to be pressed.

solution:
1) make hardSPL (if you don't know what hard-SPL is then go have a look around this forum outside shift part. but basically it is a modified bootloader version that allows you to flash custom OS'es)
2) hack in hardreset keycombo into hardSPL and SD flash etc.

until hardSPL is done by shift project, the hard cold truth is, don't mess too much with snapvue to make it totally unbootable. BUT of course if we find the key(s) to enter bootloader, and also get mtty working, then you can simply issue a command to bootloader over the virtual USB connection. then you can hard reset. but until that's worked out, just don't mess too much!

and of course, a test device will greatly speed up hardSPL development, but until then some volunteers can help somewhat.

Great! Big step forward I think.
Okay, we need to make a hardspl, but now we know something. Thanks! ;)

EDIT:

Why is it that when the device is in bootloader, the display is blanc?
Is that because of HTC didn't want us to let us see things?

cmonex

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
Great! Big step forward I think.
Okay, we need to make a hardspl, but now we know something. Thanks! ;)

EDIT:

Why is it that when the device is in bootloader, the display is blanc?
Is that because of HTC didn't want us to let us see things?

it seems so :p
edit: i'm checking if the virt USB functionality works at all in bootloader, and is not disabled by HTC in the shipped SPLs... will let you know when i get to know more

Last edited: