[Q] Sim phones on sprint ? (please read in full)

Search This thread

cochran069

Feb 12, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa
Hello my sis recently purchased an sprint iPhone 5s about a week ago from eBay it arrived with no Sim and I didn't think that was a problem as sprint is CDMA well trying to activate it was a different story talked to sprint after self activating wouldn't work and found out it did require a Sim so got transferred to sprint international and got to order a free Sim from them it arrived and activation didn't work talked to support and guy said I was sent an android varrarent of the Sim after he checked the numbers and I would have to reorder an iPhone compatible one they gave me free overnight ship and it came and activated fine my question is tho

Would it be possible to activate cheap Chinese phones like the goophone or there new s5Clones/generic android sim phones on sprint. I ask this question because the only Google results I could find were from like 2008 and older So not to relevant today and BTW I still don't like iPhone over priced fads that do half as much as a android

Last edited:

cochran069

Feb 12, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa
Anyone this is messing with me not knowing

i would of thought this thread/topic would of had a lot more traffic who wouldn't want a cheap replacement Chinese phone as a backup in-case of accidents or theft and loss on the sprint network.

i basically just wanted to know if possible because last time i knew of sprint was cdma only still but i don't understand why they would have android sim card

justmpm

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 22, 2010
Jumpston Junction
You will have to check pretty carefully to make sure that the Chinese phone has the correct frequencies for use on what ever Carrier you go with. There is an article here discussing the pros and cons of getting a Chinese branded phone.

One thing to note is that the Moto G pretty much takes every Chinese phone to school and for not really that much more $$$.

cochran069

Feb 12, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa
You will have to check pretty carefully to make sure that the Chinese phone has the correct frequencies for use on what ever Carrier you go with. There is an article here discussing the pros and cons of getting a Chinese branded phone.

One thing to note is that the Moto G pretty much takes every Chinese phone to school and for not really that much more $$$.

yea there are only a few company's i found the supports hspa+ net10 / with an at&t sim i figure at&t too but i believe every usa gsm network if i recall correctly supports voice and text bandwidths

my dad purchased a n9776 about a year ago and his data speeds on net10 with an at&t sim was around 15-18mpbs down before they rolled out the new plans for net10. now hes thinking of switching carriers the apns keep switching and loosing connection every other day causing his mms and data to stop working until we reenter the settings. but i'd like to know if sprint would be a viable option in the future (much better customer support). recently his charging port on his phone broke so he looking for a new phone. ill show him that moto g