[Q] MMS over WiFi for Sense 5.5 port?

Search This thread

LemonNinja

Mar 31, 2011
San Lorenzo
I remember some guy talking a out having found a way to initiate MMS over WiFi for this port quite a while ago, did that ever work out?

Valsorim

Apr 3, 2013
Saint Louis
MMS over WIFI

I remember some guy talking a out having found a way to initiate MMS over WiFi for this port quite a while ago, did that ever work out?

I've been messing w this for last couple days as i had time, decompiling, comparing Message.apk from this post w the one in Viper4.0(same as in CHUBBZ/Sin's 5.5 port) :

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47471325&highlight=mms+over+wifi#post47471325

I couldn't find the correct diffs to make it work myself. I did use root explorer to replace this app into my current rom, and i turned off data. I have tested and have been able to use this ported MMS.apk to send and receive MMS from my daughters and wife's phone.

I know that dev's say not use apk's not for the phone/rom specifically, so if someone has time to take a look at this to get MMS over Wifi working for our device, that would be much appreciated. Thanks

Valsorim

Apr 3, 2013
Saint Louis
I've been messing w this for last couple days as i had time, decompiling, comparing Message.apk from this post w the one in Viper4.0(same as in CHUBBZ/Sin's 5.5 port) :

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47471325&highlight=mms+over+wifi#post47471325

I couldn't find the correct diffs to make it work myself. I did use root explorer to replace this app into my current rom, and i turned off data. I have tested and have been able to use this ported MMS.apk to send and receive MMS from my daughters and wife's phone.

I know that dev's say not use apk's not for the phone/rom specifically, so if someone has time to take a look at this to get MMS over Wifi working for our device, that would be much appreciated. Thanks

Update: After turning off wifi and trying to send MMS over data, i am able to receive mms, but unable to send, it just hangs until turn on wifi