Charging socket flap

Search This thread

Superinc

Jul 27, 2008
takes a little getting use too in the beginning, but now theres not even a second thought. i only open it once at night. huge relief not having carry a charger , and having to look for a plug. i have a spigen neo hybird case btw.

surf1

Apr 12, 2009
south fl
I have no problem with it, I'm a normal guy that keeps his nails well clipped. Takes like a second to gently open it, doesn't bother me at all, I have a Ringke Slim Dot case and no problem with it there either. Well worth it for the water/dust protection imo. If it bothers you just rip it off, but you'll lose that protection. My S2 died in water so to me it's worth the 1 second hassle lol

Plus I'm getting about 2 days with heavy use and hours and hours of on screen time, ridiculous battery life, far better then my S2 rooted and running the best rom for battery life. So it's not like I have to open the flap multiple times a day.

Last edited:

phaggard

Mar 14, 2012
Why doesn't everyone do what I did an remove the battery cover, take a small Phillips screwdriver and remove the screw on the left side of the USB port. Carefully lift up on the small piece of plastic under the screw and remove the flap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app

RoguePC

Jan 21, 2012
Any updates? I don't feel like spending 30 bucks for a back cover...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

turns out the shipping was not as fast as i thought....looks like i won't be getting it til next tuesday....i thought it was Prime shipped like a dope....will report back next week :silly:

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
Why doesn't everyone do what I did an remove the battery cover, take a small Phillips screwdriver and remove the screw on the left side of the USB port. Carefully lift up on the small piece of plastic under the screw and remove the flap.

Sounds like a plan. It's not a big deal if you have a case that's properly designed.

Ripping it off is a horrible idea if you plan to sell or even trade the phone. That's considered abuse and they will probably charge something for it. :laugh:

sricci81

Mar 30, 2011
I use the green Starbucks things that prevent you from spilling your coffee. There's always one in the cat and my phone is always on a charger in the car. Something about going below 60% battery gives me a heart attack

twiggums

Oct 6, 2007
Why are stupid threads like this created?

This thread was created with 1 intention, and that's for you plebs to complain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mother never taught you that if you don't have anything nice to say, not to say it at all? The conversation seems to be perfectly fine and civil.

On topic, i asked my wife how she likes the cover and she said she's annoyed with it, but not enough yet to remove it :p

artjrv

Mar 31, 2011
Scranton, Pa.
I have no problem with it, I'm a normal guy that keeps his nails well clipped. Takes like a second to gently open it, doesn't bother me at all, I have a Ringke Slim Dot case and no problem with it there either. Well worth it for the water/dust protection imo. If it bothers you just rip it off, but you'll lose that protection. My S2 died in water so to me it's worth the 1 second hassle lol

Plus I'm getting about 2 days with heavy use and hours and hours of on screen time, ridiculous battery life, far better then my S2 rooted and running the best rom for battery life. So it's not like I have to open the flap multiple times a day.

I bit my nails and I have no problem what do ever with opening cover. It's a lot easier to open than on my Droid dna!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

RoguePC

Jan 21, 2012
should be getting mine tomorrow....will update in a day or two....

okay....finally got the charger....receiver fit well....not sure if the waterproof seal still works but....works well....phone gets a little warm while charging....not as fast as a plug....maybe 10% every 20 minutes....overall i like it....no more fiddling with that flap at bedtime.....:good:

Reactions: skyrocketeer

skyrocketeer

Feb 13, 2012
Google Pixel 8
okay....finally got the charger....receiver fit well....not sure if the waterproof seal still works but....works well....phone gets a little warm while charging....not as fast as a plug....maybe 10% every 20 minutes....overall i like it....no more fiddling with that flap at bedtime.....:good:

Awesome, thanks for the feedback.

RoguePC

Jan 21, 2012
Awesome, thanks for the feedback.

no problem....money well spent....reasonable shipping time...not very picky about placement on the pad either....of course only time will tell....i found'em cheaper on flea-bay but i felt amazon would be better if i had to return it or something

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You guys are lazy. It takes, what, half a second to open? Use your index fingernail not your thumbnail.

I have the spigen tough armor case and I can charge the phone with no problem. It's a minor inconvenience but it's worth having the peace of mind against getting water damage.

I actually like the idea of covering the port, it's just very poorly executed on this phone. I really liked the sliding 'door' on the Captivate. But it's something that I'll learn to get used to.
    I keep a spudger tool on my desk from an iphone repair kit...works great.
    ....I pulled that little thing out. I know its not water proof anymore, but ehh i wasn't gonna test it anyways.

You probably made the value of your phone drop so much

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app