[Q] Where is this 4.4.2 modem people keep referring to?

Search This thread

BriskT

Nov 16, 2011
I flashed the Root66 KitKat update for Wind Mobile using Odin. As I was looking through the settings I noticed there were no APNs set. I googled for Wind's APN configuration and manually entered them (before I even tested data, perhaps it was working regardless).

So far I've seen a number of mentions warning against flashing the 4.4.2 modem before flashing the 4.4.2 firmware update. However, I've yet to see the modem posted anywhere. The most recent one in the baseband thread was for 4.3. What am I missing?

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
It hasn't been posted for that same reason, so nobody will attempt to flash.. Anyone can make a flashable zip for the modem, that it why we are letting people know what happens when you try to flash on older firmware

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ferrerdee96

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Ill still post the modems in the near future, but wanted to first get that warning out so as many people as possible already know about it when I do. Flashing the 4 4.2 modem on 4.3 firmware has bricked quite a few devices in the Spirit and AT&T forums already. And despite all our efforts, we have yet to get the debrick method to work
That said, if you have a need for the modem, ill get it for you as soon as I can.

And just fyi, after updating to 4.4.2, you cannot use any older modems. They won't brick the device, but you won't have a working radio/signal.

Reactions: serio22

StaticDroid

Jan 25, 2011
Ill still post the modems in the near future, but wanted to first get that warning out so as many people as possible already know about it when I do. Flashing the 4 4.2 modem on 4.3 firmware has bricked quite a few devices in the Spirit and AT&T forums already. And despite all our efforts, we have yet to get the debrick method to work
That said, if you have a need for the modem, ill get it for you as soon as I can.

And just fyi, after updating to 4.4.2, you cannot use any older modems. They won't brick the device, but you won't have a working radio/signal.

Heya Doc
I have a Gs3 T999v from Videotron and have been running the 4.3 modem since early this year. I'm currently running CM11 4.4.4.
I was wondering if it would be possible to provide a link for their 4.4.2 modem so I can give it a shot. I know I won't be able to come back from it, but reception with the 4.3 has not been that hot and I've been meaning to get those kinks out. Also since the phone is nearing the end of it's life, at least to me, I don't mind the extra risk. Even if it should technically be entirely safe to do so since i'm running 4.4.2+
Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Normally 4.3 modem will be working for 4.4 too but you should not have older modem then 4.3

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    It hasn't been posted for that same reason, so nobody will attempt to flash.. Anyone can make a flashable zip for the modem, that it why we are letting people know what happens when you try to flash on older firmware

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk