[Q] Completely lost my device? (After flashing some ROMs)

Search This thread

Jakemeow

Aug 16, 2014
Hello fellow people...
So, my lovely Android (LG P700) is stuck in a bootloop. So, here's the story of my phone:
1) I bought it and eventually managed to root it.
2) The same day I installed CyanogenMod 10. Everything worked so fine.
3) Later I upgraded to KitKat prime (Based on CM11). Pretty darn fine, but it was laggy like hell.
4) So I decided to downgrade back to CM10. It worked, BUT THEN - it ignored my SIM card completely and when dialed *#06# I found that my IMEI got torn off my phone.
5) So I installed AOKP KitKat. Was REALLY good but it didn't have some crucial-to-me options, so I found somewhat tasty...
6) And I installed the Pac-Man ROM. And something went quite wrong, because it only booted every third time, else it gave black screen, but everything worked really fine. But later, I noticed that Wi-Fi won't turn on, so guess what...
7) AND WHAM! MY WORST MISTAKE! Wait for it... I decided to install the Phenom kernel (Idiot me, it was made for CM10...), TADAA!
8) After the LG icon it gave me 3 random stripes distorted and pink in color. And the recovery is nothing but black screen.
9) So I tried to flash rooted v20d kdz to it... Nope. Only stuck on stock boot animation and the three button combo won't work, no recovery, no black screen, no data wipe option.
10) I used the official KDZ updater... Same sh* as 9).
11) Tried flashing rooted v10k... NOPE, the flasher is throwing the error: WParam: 4, IPARAM:1002.
NOTICE - Yes, I did data/cache/dalvik/system wipes everytime when I upgraded my ROM/changed kernels. I also used GApps every time.

Anyone can help me?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

mandeepsingh

Jan 3, 2013
New Delhi
My solution

Hello fellow people...
So, my lovely Android (LG P700) is stuck in a bootloop. So, here's the story of my phone:
3) Later I upgraded to KitKat prime (Based on CM11). Pretty darn fine, but it was laggy like hell.
4) So I decided to downgrade back to CM10. It worked, BUT THEN - it ignored my SIM card completely and when dialed *#06# I found that my IMEI got torn off my phone.
5) So I installed AOKP KitKat. Was REALLY good but it didn't have some crucial-to-me options, so I found somewhat tasty...
6) And I installed the Pac-Man ROM. And something went quite wrong, because it only booted every third time, else it gave black screen, but everything worked really fine. But later, I noticed that Wi-Fi won't turn on, so guess what...
7) I decided to install the Phenom kernel (Idiot me, it was made for CM10...)
8) After the LG icon it gave me 3 random stripes distorted and pink in color. And the recovery is nothing but black screen.
9) So I tried to flash rooted v20d kdz to it... Nope. Only stuck on stock boot animation and the three button combo won't work, no recovery, no black screen, no data wipe option.
11) Tried flashing rooted v10k... NOPE, the flasher is throwing the error: WParam: 4, IPARAM:1002.
NOTICE - Yes, I did data/cache/dalvik/system wipes everytime when I upgraded my ROM/changed kernels. I also used GApps every time.

Anyone can help me?
Thanks in advance!

I had almost the same problem yesterday. My phone could go to emergency mode. If yours too then try this. Download the V20a ROM with root and CMW (it's really important to use this one): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2214717 (thanks Homero2 so much!),
- Installed the msxml file in the KDZ folder
- Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe as administrator
- Set it to 3GQCT and DIAG, open the V20a kdz file and press "Launch software update"
- I still got a lparam error, but here's the great thing about this ROM. Even though I still got a bootloop, I MANAGED TO GET INTO RECOVERY! Instructions: Press the power button and the volume - button at the same time. When capacitive buttons turn up, press the menu button. When LG logo appears, release the power button. (REMEMBER: VOLUME "-" BUTTON AND MENU BUTTON NOT HOME....
- Recovery shows up.
- After that, I pushed a downloaded ROM (zip file) to my SD card and installed it via CMW succesfully!
Use CPA rom for p700/005 this time, it bugless and remember to factory data reset.
Hope it helps you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakemeow

Jakemeow

Aug 16, 2014
I had almost the same problem yesterday. My phone could go to emergency mode. If yours too then try this. Download the V20a ROM with root and CWM (it's really important to use this one): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2214717 (thanks Homero2 so much!),
- Set it to 3GQCT and DIAG, open the V20a kdz file and press "Launch software update"
- I still got a IParam error, but here's the great thing about this ROM. Even though I still got a bootloop, I MANAGED TO GET INTO RECOVERY! Instructions: Press the power button and the volume - button at the same time. When captive buttons turn up, press the menu button. When LG logo appears, release the power button. (REMEMBER: VOLUME "-" BUTTON AND MENU BUTTON NOT HOME....
- Recovery shows up.
- After that, I pushed a downloaded ROM (zip file) to my SD card and installed it via CWM successfully!
Use CPA ROM for p700/705 this time, it bugless and remember to factory data reset.
Hope it helps you!

Thanks a lot, but... recovery won't turn on, everytime I try to push vol-/menu/power button combo nothing happens and the phone tries to boot up as it would normally leaving it in an infinite bootscreen... Btw, my home button is broken and the vol- button is brokenish and I need a few tries to press it normally AND the captive button lights, well... they won't turn on anytime, just dark touch-able areas and that's all. I'll try to get to recovery though.
EDIT: BTW, you sure it's DIAG not EMERGENCY?

Last edited:

Jakemeow

Aug 16, 2014
I had almost the same problem yesterday. My phone could go to emergency mode. If yours too then try this. Download the V20a ROM with root and CMW (it's really important to use this one): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2214717 (thanks Homero2 so much!),
- I still got a lparam error, but here's the great thing about this ROM. Even though I still got a bootloop, I MANAGED TO GET INTO RECOVERY! Instructions: Press the power button and the volume - button at the same time. When capacitive buttons turn up, press the menu button. When LG logo appears, release the power button. (REMEMBER: VOLUME "-" BUTTON AND MENU BUTTON NOT HOME....
- Recovery shows up.
- After that, I pushed a downloaded ROM (zip file) to my SD card and installed it via CMW succesfully!
Use CPA rom for p700/005 this time, it bugless and remember to factory data reset.
Hope it helps you!

Hey, it worked! Thanks, I managed to get to recovery! *Psst, admin, you can lock this thread or whatsoever*

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My solution

Hello fellow people...
    7) I decided to install the Phenom kernel (Idiot me, it was made for CM10...)

Anyone can help me?
    Thanks in advance!

- Recovery shows up.
    Hope it helps you!