Can anyone talk me out of...

Search This thread

setspeed

May 4, 2009
..buying the Galaxy S3, and instead waiting for the next Nexus?

I'm sick of waiting for a new hardware qwerty to come out (will it ever?) and my Vision is really starting to show it's age, looks and performance-wise.
So I need a new phone, like yesterday. The S3 is begging me to buy it. Can you convince me otherwise?

matijaerceg

Mar 4, 2011
You're sick of waiting. Your Vision is starting to suck. Get the best phone right now, rather than waiting. Waiting is generally silly when it comes to tech. Sorry to not be talking you out of the S3, but it's going to blow your G2/Vision away, even without the QWERTY..

I'm thinking of doing the same, because it seems that we won't get a decent, customizable phone with a hardware keyboard in the foreseeable future..

Nospin

Nov 20, 2010
For what it's worth, if Google goes with Samsung the next Nexus will prob be a slightly tweaked GSIII.

Don't keep looking toward the horizon, find a phone you like now (or the near future) and get it. Something better is ALWAYS coming.

SlimeYKW

Aug 1, 2010
I agree with Nospin pretty much. Keep your G2 for now. There aren't many phones right now that are very much comparable IMO. I've got ICS running on mine and its lightening fast. Every time I go to check out the new phones I can't help but think mine is slightly better of just as good. So why spend the money on something new when you don't need it? Just keep flashing away until you find something that fits you, but again IMO, be like me and go with Adromadus Audacity...its a great ROM.

SlimeYKW

Aug 1, 2010
Don't think that's what Nospin was saying :p

well I was talking about the looking toward the horizon part. Better to just stick with the G2 for now as there are all of these "better phones" out now. Wait it out until something REALLY good catches your eye, for now the G2 does what all of the new phones do if not more.

gtmaster303

Oct 19, 2010
Not available in the UK :-(

Buy one off eBay. Or I'm willing to sell you my spare if you don't mind paying shipping costs (PM me)

EDIT: if there are any devs that would like to get into this device, please PM me. I can sort you with a device for a lot less than what you normally would pay, possibly even free

This is NOT an advertisement. Just trying to stimulate development for our device

Reactions: captainreynolds

captainreynolds

Mar 7, 2011
Buy one off eBay. Or I'm willing to sell you my spare if you don't mind paying shipping costs (PM me)

EDIT: if there are any devs that would like to get into this device, please PM me. I can sort you with a device for a lot less than what you normally would pay, possibly even free

This is NOT an advertisement. Just trying to stimulate development for our device

Might want to hit up Xboarder, I recall he was looking for one not too long ago

Top Liked Posts