[OT] The one and only S Advance "Goodbye guys" thread

Search This thread

TPD-21

Feb 6, 2014
Southern Borneo Island
which rom you are using ?

share them here after modding ;) i'll give it try :p

http://dl-1.va.us.xda-developers.co....jpg?key=qyHEEigHXUQ-IafkieCWyQ&ts=1413746589

Hmm .. The problem is that in the picture.

It's been almost a month I look for solving this problem. Initially, I suspect this is a disorder of the Internet network provider for my region. Then I tried some new ROM released, including CM11 ROM by TC (last build). But, my problem is not yet visited also vanished. :rolleyes: Until at last I dare to conclude that these troubles lies in multiple files, of any latest ROM after the release date (07/30/2014).

That is:
1. SystemUI.apk
2. Framework-res.apk.

The two files above is what I suspect caused the problem. So I need the help of a few masters, such as AntaresOne, because I think he was one who understood it.

By the way thank you for caring about my problems, the (morally) I appreciate it. :)

Edit: Sorry 4 OT...????? :angel: :D

Last edited:

jineshpatel30

Nov 8, 2012
http://dl-1.va.us.xda-developers.co....jpg?key=qyHEEigHXUQ-IafkieCWyQ&ts=1413746589

Hmm .. The problem is that in the picture.

It's been almost a month I look for solving this problem. Initially, I suspect this is a disorder of the Internet network provider for my region. Then I tried some new ROM released, including CM11 ROM by TC (last build). But, my problem is not yet visited also vanished. :rolleyes: Until at last I dare to conclude that these troubles lies in multiple files, of any latest ROM after the release date (07/30/2014).

That is:
1. SystemUI.apk
2. Framework-res.apk.

The two files above is what I suspect caused the problem. So I need the help of a few masters, such as AntaresOne, because I think he was one who understood it.

By the way thank you for caring about my problems, the (morally) I appreciate it. :)

Edit: Sorry 4 OT...????? :angel: :D
Link is broken mate :)

n let's move to OT thread ( actually i didn't notice that this is not OT thread )

Reactions: #Henkate and TPD-21

115dan

Mar 11, 2014
Pitesti
Hi guys! I sold my S advance. I have to say goodbye to all people on this forum. Without all developers of janice, the phone was a crap, thank you all! Now i have a mini 2 lol:D

LtDementhial

Feb 2, 2011
Monterrey
Toda (yesterday actually) is my turn to say goodbye to this device, im moving to a Xperia Z2, this cellphone will replace my mother long lasting Moto C160.

It was really really fun the things i have live with this device the last 21 months, before that i had a Lg Optimus that arrived to me with 1.6 and go all the way until 4.0.4 alphas, now i leave the s advance that came with 2.3.4-7(dont remember) and got to 4.4.4...i hope 5.0 arrives, maybe later i will come back and update my mother new phone :p

It's sad to say goodbye to Novathor...

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
Toda (yesterday actually) is my turn to say goodbye to this device, im moving to a Xperia Z2, this cellphone will replace my mother long lasting Moto C160.

It was really really fun the things i have live with this device the last 21 months, before that i had a Lg Optimus that arrived to me with 1.6 and go all the way until 4.0.4 alphas, now i leave the s advance that came with 2.3.4-7(dont remember) and got to 4.4.4...i hope 5.0 arrives, maybe later i will come back and update my mother new phone :p

It's sad to say goodbye to Novathor...

What you think about Xperia Z2? I also want to buy an Xperia ZR.

LtDementhial

Feb 2, 2011
Monterrey
Well im pretty damn impressed with this guy. when i wrote that, i was finishing installing apps and stuff. I was all about the Moto Maxx but here on Mexico the Maxx cost 800USD and the carrier (Telcel) who is goin to sell them in mid december will ask 600USD plus a 2 year contract of 40USD per month. The Z2 was 30USD on an 18 month contract of 30USD.

Back to the Z2, its the same as the Z3 i don't know whats the real difference in the 2, it has 3Gb of ram, yesterday i used like i stole it and lasted 9-10 houres with moderated-heavy use and just used half the battery i have just connected it because im leaving later and altought 47% battery should last all this day too i won't take any risks (blame the Advance).

If i would use the Advance as i have used the Z2 yesterday i would have to recharge it atleast 2 times...only drawback is the "lack" of root, there is but i have to downgrade and then root and then upgrade, and with lollipop arriving soon il better wait, still i just want Root to install Kali as a virtual machine and Viper4Android.

Reactions: #Henkate

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
Well im pretty damn impressed with this guy. when i wrote that, i was finishing installing apps and stuff. I was all about the Moto Maxx but here on Mexico the Maxx cost 800USD and the carrier (Telcel) who is goin to sell them in mid december will ask 600USD plus a 2 year contract of 40USD per month. The Z2 was 30USD on an 18 month contract of 30USD.

Back to the Z2, its the same as the Z3 i don't know whats the real difference in the 2, it has 3Gb of ram, yesterday i used like i stole it and lasted 9-10 houres with moderated-heavy use and just used half the battery i have just connected it because im leaving later and altought 47% battery should last all this day too i won't take any risks (blame the Advance).

If i would use the Advance as i have used the Z2 yesterday i would have to recharge it atleast 2 times...only drawback is the "lack" of root, there is but i have to downgrade and then root and then upgrade, and with lollipop arriving soon il better wait, still i just want Root to install Kali as a virtual machine and Viper4Android.

As i said, i would like to buy Sony Xperia ZR (when i'll get money...).But yesterday i was reading problems about Xperia Z series (Z,ZR,Z1,Z2,Z3), Xperia V and Xperia SP,problems like: self cracking and self bending.Check goolgle.These made me to worrie alot.

arneldna

Dec 15, 2012
Good Bye "Janice" my Love :_( and my dear S Advance Users..!!

I got this Phone on 21st May 2011..damn it's been a long time.....and these 4 years wouldn't have been easy if I hadn't discovered this site.!

XDA is the place where I knew what Android was, and this is the place where people helped me transform my Crappy phone (after Jelly Bean) into a beast that stayed with me for 4 long Years...!! (No the stock battery lasted only for 2 years). I am not sure if you guys recall me, but I did few bootanimations and being a noob I think that was a lot :D phew!

Few names whom I respect here a lot!

@cocafe - Man of Steel
@SHAAN - The ROOT Master!
@shut_down and @ R_a_z_v_a_a_n - The Problem Solver
@Mr.Harsh - Man of ROM

A special mention of @Sami Kabir - The most Humble developer God bless you brother. Till the time I had thisphne with me, I have been using your ROM and trust me, it is FAB..!!! Just for your infomation, few peeps from my friends, who knew nothing about XDA had your ROM in their phones...I convinced them to get it..! I was in love with your ROM, especially with the Black monolithic theme.

And many more....!

I now got an S6 and I plan to perpetuate it along with me god knows how long....But I thank you each and every one of you for still being a part of this Amazing Phone..!
[/I]

GOOD BYE..!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sami Kabir

Sami Kabir

Oct 3, 2012
I got this Phone on 21st May 2011..damn it's been a long time.....and these 4 years wouldn't have been easy if I hadn't discovered this site.!

XDA is the place where I knew what Android was, and this is the place where people helped me transform my Crappy phone (after Jelly Bean) into a beast that stayed with me for 4 long Years...!! (No the stock battery lasted only for 2 years). I am not sure if you guys recall me, but I did few bootanimations and being a noob I think that was a lot :D phew!

Few names whom I respect here a lot!

@cocafe - Man of Steel
@SHAAN - The ROOT Master!
@shut_down and @ R_a_z_v_a_a_n - The Problem Solver
@Mr.Harsh - Man of ROM

A special mention of @Sami Kabir - The most Humble developer God bless you brother. Till the time I had thisphne with me, I have been using your ROM and trust me, it is FAB..!!! Just for your infomation, few peeps from my friends, who knew nothing about XDA had your ROM in their phones...I convinced them to get it..! I was in love with your ROM, especially with the Black monolithic theme.

And many more....!

I now got an S6 and I plan to perpetuate it along with me god knows how long....But I thank you each and every one of you for still being a part of this Amazing Phone..!
[/I]

GOOD BYE..!!!

Thank you very much for your kind words, brother! Thanks a lot for all your contributions, reviews, recommendations and replies in my ROM's thread. The Galaxy S6 is an amazing Android Smartphone and I know that you will have a great time with it. Good luck! :laugh::good:

God knows when I'll get rid of this ancient piece of technology! :silly:

Don't forget to visit our phone's off topic threads every once in awhile! ;)

Cheers! :)

Reactions: arneldna

arneldna

Dec 15, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words, brother! Thanks a lot for all your contributions, reviews, recommendations and replies in my ROM's thread. The Galaxy S6 is an amazing Android Smartphone and I know that you will have a great time with it. Good luck! :laugh::good:

God knows when I'll get rid of this ancient piece of technology! :silly:

Don't forget to visit our phone's off topic threads every once in awhile! ;)

Cheers! :)

Glad you replied...Sami

I will for sure.

Reactions: Sami Kabir

Sphynxie

Oct 20, 2015
Belgrade
Kinda weird that my first post on xda would be in a goodbye thread, but there you go. After 2+ years of messing with my S Advance and lurking on this forum I finally sold it off. Not gonna lie, this phone was real bad. It was my first ever brush with Android, and while it was fine enough while on Gingerbread, after the 4.1 update I would've quit then and there if not for you fine folks on this forum. After I flashed Cocore for the first time I was amazed and never turned back to stock, been flashing ever since. I also learned a lot about how android works under the hood, which helped me make better purchasing decisions it the future :D I don't know much about rom development, but keeping this thing alive and kicking in 2015 without kernel sources seems like a great achievment to me. Thank you, Janice forum! Cheers @cocafe, Team Canjica, @frapeti, @diego-ch, @mkaluza, @Epirex and a whole bunch of others, sorry for not remembering all the names! :)

Not that I'll be leaving completely, I sold it to a close friend and left him with @Epirex CM11, but he might wanna come back for some new roms one day :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys!!

I want to say goodbye to all guys of our S Advance forum ...

As some of you would have already seen in my signature I bought a new phone.
    It is a LG G2 and I love my new phone really much!! Yes, my S Advance is still
    alive and working but I gave my phone to my sister because her phone is broken.

So, I will start to say bye to some special guys:
    @AntaresOne ... I want to start with him because without this great guy I could never build
    roms or such things ... He teached very much of the new rom builder/devs and so our beloved janice
    gots lots of new roms in 2014!! :)
    @Chirag_Galani, @Rox ... As soon as Mattia (Antares) started this teaching group
    the next great devs of our phone and of Ace2 launched the group, ok, both of them got added by
    some noobs like me, so they never had a decision :D But they didn't leave the group, they helped
    us until all of us had a better sense how to build roms and how to solve errors, yes, this was a hard
    time for all of our teachers ;)
    And surely thanks to @iiD4x who helped me so often in fixing build errors :) All the time you tried to help me and mostely you solved my bugs, and yes, you teached me lots of things too!!

Ok, I know, I wrote enough now, but let's mention some last great people: @KINGbabasula, @Paul L., @frapeti, ... You and all other people/devs I mentioned above are the reason why our phone got so popular, got so much roms ... On the other side people like @shut_down, @dagger .. all the time when users launch our S Advance, especially you two guys where here too, they had a question, this two guys where here to answer the question, to help you out, to solve each known problems who can happen our phone, the know the right answer how to solve it!! @Android-Andi, @golden-guy ... you are the next in this veryyyy long goodbye post, thank you Andi and golden-guy for all your work, both of you helped a lot to fix even known bugs on roms like OmniRom (Hotspot) and Andi, you did everything to fix bugs on janice, to help me in all my crises!!

Least but not last: Thanks to all users of this phone, thanks to all testers of my two roms Slimkat and Carbon!! You guys tested it, gave reviews and put me in a happy mood when you praised me :)

Thank you guys for this beautiful time on janice, our phone got more bugfree, faster and better!!!!

Yours, Florian :D

By the way ... Anybody of you guys thinks about purchasing a G2? :D Would be awesome ... [ @shut_down, @dagger? Please come to the G2 area because there are no people like you who answer all questions :/ Please xDD]]
    So its time for me to take your leave too. My beloved S Advance just died after serving its purpose for 2 years. I had a great time with all you fellas. Sure, I had some crazy bouts with @fedevd, @diego-ch, @frapeti, but all in good health. I must say I have learnt a lot from this forum and I would like to thank everyone for it. Especially @cocafe, @Paul L., @dagger and @diego-ch. Wishing you all a very good luck in your future Android endeavors!

Last but not the least, thanks to hackbob for starting it all. Also, a special thanks to @Chirag_Galani for the wonderful AOSPA support.

Good luck and Good bye!
    :good:
    I started this thread for people who want to say Goodbye to our beloved phone Samsung Galaxy S Advance ...

Please guys don't spam the "General" or "Q/A" area with goodbye because this makes searching for special threads/topics
    very hard for the users of this phone.

And now, let's say goodbye to all devs and users of janice :)

Thank you guys!!
    @Flo0008

Hey bro,

First I want to say you: have fun with your new device and good luck in everything in your life :)

Second: I remember the first times that we talked on Hangouts, in february if I remember well, great n00b :p but with your great interest and your capacity you became a very good dev (take a look at your Carbon/Dirty Unicorns ROMs, they are very famous in the communities). Never forget me :p

Third: you will always look as my granny, true @Rox? :D

Fourth: Never worry about: ask me everything, if you need a hand with your new device, with development or everything else, just to say "Hello" or "How are you?" you're always welcome!!!

C'mon Flo!! :D

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
    Hello and good bye kinda. Moved on to a Galaxy S4 thanks to an offer I couldn't refuse. I'll be checking around here because I still have my Advance but not as much as I used to. That phone is about how I like it so not much more modding or work needs to be done. Been a lot of fun learning while here and I am sure all who helped me know how much I appreciate their assistance. The S4 is a totally different animal so I feel like a noob again LOL but hope to have as much fun with it. See ya around... :)