ProxyHandler
SharedStorageBackup
VoiceDialer
VpnDialogs

It`s removed. Sorry I didn`t say it

Reactions: broky

mj56gt

Feb 18, 2011
I have flashed CM12 on my LG G2 phone, but have never used Samsung phone before. I just got a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini GT-I8190N (Android: 4.1.2; baseband: I8190NZCLL5; Kernel: 3.0.31-698136), and would like to try out this CM12 ROM. I never used Samsung phone before, so please don't beat me for the basic questions here.

I'm more comfortable with Unix system than Windows, and have heidmall 1.3.1 and adb installed on my Mac. Before flashing CMN12, first I need to flash custom recovery TWRP and gain root through flashing SuperSU in TWRP. Could you help me on the following questions? Which version of TWRP should I flash? Which is better? Is it safer to use an older version first, and then update the recovery with a newer version later in TWRP? Or should I just flash the most recent version TWRP?

Same question for the SuperSU version: does the version matter?

Thank you!

Reactions: bogdan8190

bogdan8190

Mar 3, 2015
Ternopil
I have flashed CM12 on my LG G2 phone, but have never used Samsung phone before. I just got a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini GT-I8190N (Android: 4.1.2; baseband: I8190NZCLL5; Kernel: 3.0.31-698136), and would like to try out this CM12 ROM. I never used Samsung phone before, so please don't beat me for the basic questions here.

I'm more comfortable with Unix system than Windows, and have heidmall 1.3.1 and adb installed on my Mac. Before flashing CMN12, first I need to flash custom recovery TWRP and gain root through flashing SuperSU in TWRP. Could you help me on the following questions? Which version of TWRP should I flash? Which is better? Is it safer to use an older version first, and then update the recovery with a newer version later in TWRP? Or should I just flash the most recent version TWRP?

Thank you!

If you want to install this rom you need at first flash custom recovery TWRP v2.8.0.0 or higher (I recomend you v2.8.1.0 it's more stable). If you use Mac you will need to install JOdin and flash the recovery (I'll update thread later with link for TWRP). It's not matter how you install it you can flash older version of TWRP and by it flash newer or just flash the new version. If you want to flash this rom you don't need have root if the stock firmware you just need to download files that you need to flash (expl: ROM, Gapps and some modules like Media, Browser and PicoTTS).

If you have more questions ask me I'll answer.;)

Reactions: mj56gt

mj56gt

Feb 18, 2011
If you want to install this rom you need at first flash custom recovery TWRP v2.8.0.0 or higher (I recomend you v2.8.1.0 it's more stable). If you use Mac you will need to install JOdin and flash the recovery (I'll update thread later with link for TWRP). It's not matter how you install it you can flash older version of TWRP and by it flash newer or just flash the new version. If you want to flash this rom you don't need have root if the stock firmware you just need to download files that you need to flash (expl: ROM, Gapps and some modules like Media, Browser and PicoTTS).

If you have more questions ask me I'll answer.;)

Thanks a lot for the clarifications! I really appreciate it...

I never used JOdin. Can I flash TWRP with heidmall with a command line like the following:

heimdall flash --Kernel2 recovery.img

Is the following TWRP 2.8.1 OK?

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655050496

Thanks again for your kind help. Looking forward to trying out your CM12...

Reactions: bogdan8190

bogdan8190

Mar 3, 2015
Ternopil
Thanks a lot for the clarifications! I really appreciate it...
I never used JOdin. Can I flash TWRP with heidmall with a command line like the following:
heimdall flash --Kernel2 recovery.img
Is the following TWRP 2.8.1 OK?
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655050496
Thanks again for your kind help. Looking forward to trying out your CM12...

Actually I've never tried to put the recovery on the command line because I use Windows 8.1 and Odin so I think that JOdin all the same. Yes that TWRP is good and it is the last version. Also there fixet MTP.

Reactions: mj56gt

mj56gt

Feb 18, 2011
Actually I've never tried to put the recovery on the command line because I use Windows 8.1 and Odin so I think that JOdin all the same. Yes that TWRP is good and it is the last version. Also there fixet MTP.

This was the first time I used heimdall, and it was surprisingly simple and easy to install TWRP and gain root!

Flashing CM12 Lite S3 mini also went quite smoothly. So happy to see Lollipop on my S3 mini.

Thank you very much for walking me through the process and for providing the ROM, bogdan8190! Really appreciate it...

bogdan8190

Mar 3, 2015
Ternopil
This was the first time I used heimdall, and it was surprisingly simple and easy to install TWRP and gain root!

Flashing CM12 Lite S3 mini also went quite smoothly. So happy to see Lollipop on my S3 mini.

Thank you very much for walking me through the process and for providing the ROM, bogdan8190! Really appreciate it...

Your welcome:)

thekingme

Jan 22, 2009
Issue with Network

hey I flashed this rom and its performance is great , I have an issue with the mobile network, I have many disconnections since I installed this rom and is temporary solved by restarting the phone , has any one knows this issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you want really lite version,delete next apps:
    "app" folder
    BasicDreams
    CellBroadcastReceiver
    CMWallpapers
    Development
    DocumentsUI
    DSPManager
    Email
    Exchange2
    Galaxy4
    HoloSpiralWallpaper
    KeyChain
    LiveWallpapers
    LiveWallpapersPicker
    MagicSmokeWallpapers
    NoiseField
    PacProcessor
    PhaseBeam
    PhotoPhase
    PhotoTable
    PicoTts
    PrintSpooler
    Provision
    SoundRecorder
    Stk
    Term
    UserDictionaryProvider
    VideoEditor
    VisualizationWallpapers
    VoicePlus
    WhisperPush

"priv-app" folder
    BackupRestoreConfirmation
    CalendarProvider
    CMUpdater
    ProxyHandler
    SharedStorageBackup
    VoiceDialer
    VpnDialogs
    good job mate
    i like cm 12 and i really like light roms:D
    downloading..thanks
    If you want really lite version,delete next apps:
    "app" folder
    BasicDreams
    CellBroadcastReceiver
    CMWallpapers
    Development
    DocumentsUI
    DSPManager
    Email
    Exchange2
    Galaxy4
    HoloSpiralWallpaper
    KeyChain
    LiveWallpapers
    LiveWallpapersPicker
    MagicSmokeWallpapers
    NoiseField
    PacProcessor
    PhaseBeam
    PhotoPhase
    PhotoTable
    PicoTts
    PrintSpooler
    Provision
    SoundRecorder
    Stk
    Term
    UserDictionaryProvider
    VideoEditor
    VisualizationWallpapers
    VoicePlus
    WhisperPush

"priv-app" folder
    BackupRestoreConfirmation
    CalendarProvider
    CMUpdater
    ProxyHandler
    SharedStorageBackup
    VoiceDialer
    VpnDialogs

It`s removed. Sorry I didn`t say it

Thank you!