Sixaxis controller is here!

Search This thread

remeul

May 28, 2020
I've also been making some research about this app compatibility on Android 9+, and I probably know the reason of why it doesn't work on such Android versions. This app was supposed to work on fully R/W systems and roms, And I confirmed this by checking that this app works on almost any rooted device on Android 8 and below, but fails to start the server on any other version besides Oreo. This is because Android 9 implemented the SAR (system-as-root) partition layout on all devices with such Android version, which denies R/W mounts and only allows R/O on the system and other basic partition. So the solution would be a remake of this app with a systemless approach of its behavior, along with some new magisk modules. It can work, but it will require a lot of effort. Let's see what can I do.
Any progress?

Reactions: GXDA3

eduardvi995

Dec 12, 2015
Caracas
It would be amazing if you rebuilt it man... I'm on android 10 s9 plus snapdragon with magisk 24.3. I just want to use my ps3 controller to emulate ps2 games. Please let me know if you get it built and also im available for testing modules and apps aswell.
Sorry, I dropped the project a few months ago because I was given a regular bluetooth gamepad which doesn't require root to use, but I found out that is possible to make this app work on newer devices by using a script to allow R/W in system made by developer lebigmac, which is available here in xda. You only need TWRP recovery and root to make it work. Good luck!

Reactions: ismadias

L064Z

Nov 22, 2023
Sorry, I dropped the project a few months ago because I was given a regular bluetooth gamepad which doesn't require root to use, but I found out that is possible to make this app work on newer devices by using a script to allow R/W in system made by developer lebigmac, which is available here in xda. You only need TWRP recovery and root to make it work. Good luck!

Hey guys!
Has anyone here tried this method?
I have a POCO F3 and I just unlocked the bootloader and rooted it with KernelSU.
I did all this to be able to use the PS3 controller via Bluetooth with the Sixaxis Controller application, unfortunately it didn't work.
Is there any custom rom for the POCO F3 that can solve this problem?

L064Z

Nov 22, 2023
I did some tests on my POCO F3, I decided to take a chance to see if it would work.
In the original ROM with ROOT, the Sixaxis Controller had the error already known to everyone here:

Getting bluetooth address...
Attempting connection method 1...
Driver Starting...
Error: Failed to configure bluetooth

Then I installed ArrowOS 13.1 + ROOT and the same error happened.
I installed LineageOS 20.0 + ROOT, same error as before.
I installed EliteRom Lite v14.0.8.0 Global Stable + ROOT, same error.
I need to make this work because I want to play with the controller via Bluetooth and connect the headphone to the USB C port on cell phone. Bluetooth headphone have a lot of delay, I can't play like that.
I don't know what else to try...
Is there any module or other way to try a solution?
Sorry for the English errors, I'm using a translator.

Reactions: x_berzerker

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread should be used to provide feedback and troubleshooting for the Sixaxis Controller and Compatibility Checker apps.

If you have a device that you would like to see supported, and you're happy to step few a bit of debugging to help me determine the issue then please let me know, and preferably provide a screenshot of any error messages.

I'm doing my best to add support for new devices (especially HTC and Samsung), but it seems that it might not always be possible to add compatibility. In this case, the only option for running the app on said device is with an AOSP based rom such as CyanogenMod.

Also, throughout the thread I will occasionally be posting beta versions of the app that include new experimental features. I would be most appreciative of any feedback from those willing to test these new features.

For those looking for help with touch profiles, mythek88 has put together a master list here with a growing list of games. Hopefully at some stage I will add the ability to share profiles directly through the app.

Regards,

Earl
    Any way to get this working on OSX?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I've been meaning to add details to the website for OSX, but in the meantime, here are the instructions:

1. Download libusb.pkg.tar.gz from http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/, unzip, run and install.

2. Download sixpair for OS X here - http://www.dancingpixelstudios.com/sixaxiscontroller/sixpair

3. Open Terminal, navigate to the folder your file is in (i.e. if the file downloaded into your Downloads folder, you should just have to type "cd Downloads" to get there) and type 'chmod 755 sixpair'.

4. Plug your PS3 controller into your Mac via the USB cable.

5. In Terminal again, type './sixpair 1A:2B:3C:4D:5E:6F' where "1A:2B:3C:4D:5E:6F" is the "Local Bluetooth Address" that the Sixaxis controller app gives you.

6. Unplug the PS3 controller, start the Sixaxis controller app, and then press the home button on your PS3 controller.
    There is a new hope! The dev posted some good news on his website:
    http://dancingpixelstudios.com/2016/05/24/marshmallow/
    Anyway to get this working on my s6000 10.1

I have an MTK device on order now, so hopefully won't be long!
    Good news to report. MTK devices should now be supported! This will all depend on other MTK devices using the same libraries, but everything I've seen so far indicates it's fairly standard across devices. Please try the attached compatibility checker and let me know your findings. Hopefully we can get a high compatibility rate on the first try! :)

I should also mention that if you installed the libbt_hci.so and related modules posted earlier in the thread, please be sure to remove these first, as they will stop the app from moving past connection type 1.