[Q] Delete Bluetooth Transfers

Search This thread
Does anyone know how to delete files received over Bluetooth??

I transferred the wrong VCF file to my S5 using Bluetooth and now my S5 is loaded with all the wrong contacts. I have deleted every contact from the phone but every time I boot up my S5, all the contacts re-appear. I wondered whether the phone was importing the VCF file automatically so I decided to delete it but I can find no option to delete the file.

I have been through the Bluetooth menu and it only shows 'open' as an option on the file. I have also searched my phone for the file with no success. There is no 'Bluetooth' folder on the internal storage either and I have not put in my SD card yet.

My S5 is not rooted and any solution can not include rooting. My boss won't appreciate me hacking a work phone!

For someone who works in the IT industry, I feel like I'm losing the plot on this one!

Can any of you lovely XDA people help? :)

Djimmy

Jul 2, 2013
Saint-pierre

I transferred the wrong VCF file to my S5 using Bluetooth and now my S5 is loaded with all the wrong contacts. I have deleted every contact from the phone but every time I boot up my S5, all the contacts re-appear. I wondered whether the phone was importing the VCF file automatically so I decided to delete it but I can find no option to delete the file.

I have been through the Bluetooth menu and it only shows 'open' as an option on the file. I have also searched my phone for the file with no success. There is no 'Bluetooth' folder on the internal storage either and I have not put in my SD card yet.

My S5 is not rooted and any solution can not include rooting. My boss won't appreciate me hacking a work phone!

For someone who works in the IT industry, I feel like I'm losing the plot on this one!

To mine all that transfer directly from wifi or another go in the download folder. I do not think it is automatic save. maybe you synchronize your data via Google? if you let the auto synchronization.?

To mine all that transfer directly from wifi or another go in the download folder. I do not think it is automatic save. maybe you synchronize your data via Google? if you let the auto synchronization.?

Hi Djimmy,

Thanks for your reply.

I forgot to mention that I checked the Download folder also. I've also used Astro to search my phone for the files with no results.

As for your Google suggestion, we are testing out Google Apps and so the account I have used with the phone is completely blank. That rules out any possibility of a Google sync being the cause.

On my old S3, I only had to go to the Bluetooth folder to delete any files received so I don't get why this folder no longer exists unless its in a location that I need root to access.

If anyone has any ideas, throw them at me and I'll give them a go!

Djimmy

Jul 2, 2013
Saint-pierre
Hi Djimmy,

Thanks for your reply.

I forgot to mention that I checked the Download folder also. I've also used Astro to search my phone for the files with no results.

As for your Google suggestion, we are testing out Google Apps and so the account I have used with the phone is completely blank. That rules out any possibility of a Google sync being the cause.

On my old S3, I only had to go to the Bluetooth folder to delete any files received so I don't get why this folder no longer exists unless its in a location that I need root to access.

If anyone has any ideas, throw them at me and I'll give them a go!
Yes we had before the appropriate folder. but now everything is in download. Transfers do not go on it's roots.

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

It is possible that the exchange with bluetooth. may allow adding contacts without saving the file, but in this case if you delete this means is that I do not understand sorry.

Bluetooth files are stored in the Bluetooth folder

Hi termdj,

Thanks for your reply but I did state that there is no 'Bluetooth' folder anywhere on my device as per the below quote.

There is no 'Bluetooth' folder on the internal storage either and I have not put in my SD card yet.

I have manually checked EVERY folder visible in My Files and cannot find a single folder labelled Bluetooth. I have selected show hidden files in the settings.

I have used Astro to search for the folder and the files themselves without success.

I have even gone as far as used an adb shell to try and locate the folder but I dont have and wont ever have root access on this S5 which means i cant check the system folder which is where I believe its going to be.

Can others confirm they have a Bluetooth folder on an actual S5?? If not then this may be a wider issue.

termdj

Nov 13, 2013
Mine has the Bluetooth folder.. Sorry I missed your statement about not having the folder. I did pick up that if I delete a file in the folder, that afterwards it deletes the folder. The folder appears only when I receive a bluetooth file

lwiss

Jul 31, 2010
I have a also this problem... The .vcf not finding intern or external sd.
Then I rename the original in .vdc it landed in "download" and then rename to .vcf......

vom SGS 2 gesendet

Done some testing using some of ur ideas and i still cant get at the VCFs.

I created a text file on my laptop and sent this to the S5. This appeared in my download folder. Not exactly what others get but its a damn good start! I decided to see if i could delete it through the recieved files option. It still only shows open. I went back to download folder and deleted the file. When i returned to recieved files, the text file came up as 'not found' and was removed from the list of files. Yet my VCF transfers remain suggesting they are still somewhere on the phone.

Im emailing Samsung again and telling them to provide a delete option on the recieved files bit or i will root my phone and find the offending files myself. They will then be held responsible for any issues that arise.

If anyone has anymore ideas im all ears :)

Sent from my SM-G900F

Reactions: lwiss

scholbert

Aug 1, 2007
Solved...

Hi richhaynes,

i know this is an old one, but i stumbled over this thread, because i had the same problem while i transfered some contacts to my S3. Solved it and it's easy...

I created a text file on my laptop and sent this to the S5. This appeared in my download folder. Not exactly what others get but its a damn good start! I decided to see if i could delete it through the recieved files option. It still only shows open. I went back to download folder and deleted the file. When i returned to recieved files, the text file came up as 'not found' and was removed from the list of files. Yet my VCF transfers remain suggesting they are still somewhere on the phone.

Im emailing Samsung again and telling them to provide a delete option on the recieved files bit or i will root my phone and find the offending files myself. They will then be held responsible for any issues that arise.

It's my guess as well that VCF-Files are treated different by Bluetooth share function, maybe for security reason.

To remove any received VCF-files from the "virtual" Bluetooth shared folder go to:
Settings -> Application manager
In the apps list go to "ALL" and search for "Bluetooth share".
Tap it and again tap on clear data button as well. That's it!

Seems that part of the framwork keeps track of the transfered data and keeps it in some container or drops it into download folder, depending on the file ending.

Anyway, hope this helps!

Regards,

scholbert

Reactions: vuckovic_stefan

somya009

Sep 7, 2015
Facing exact same prob. If you get the solution plz reply.

Facing exact same prob. If you get the solution plz reply.

vuckovic_stefan

Apr 15, 2015
Niš
Hi richhaynes,

i know this is an old one, but i stumbled over this thread, because i had the same problem while i transfered some contacts to my S3. Solved it and it's easy...

It's my guess as well that VCF-Files are treated different by Bluetooth share function, maybe for security reason.

To remove any received VCF-files from the "virtual" Bluetooth shared folder go to:

Seems that part of the framwork keeps track of the transfered data and keeps it in some container or drops it into download folder, depending on the file ending.

Anyway, hope this helps!

Regards,

scholbert

Thanks @scholbert, i was looking for a solution for my S3 with Atila rom 4.4.4, i made a backup of contacts for my girlfiend and when i transfered vcf file i couldnt find it anywhere and also all her contacts appeared in my contact list.
Deleted everything, i had option on Google contacts to recover them in state from 10 days ago, did that and im saved :).
But i couldnt know how i can delete this VCF file it was not re ading like someone sad above but i didnt want to have it anymore.
Thanks again for this tip!

Jumanji2020

Aug 17, 2020
SOLVED!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Sent from my SM-G900F

SOLVED!!!!!!!!!
Use notepad or any other text editor and create a blank VCF file having the same name you put for the first VCF file that you transferred via bluetooth.
Then transfer that blank VCF file to your device via bluetooth. You should no longer have that problem!!!

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

SOLVED!!!!!!!!!
Use notepad or any other text editor and create a blank VCF file having the same name you put for the first VCF file that you transferred via bluetooth.
Then transfer that blank VCF file to your device via bluetooth. You should no longer have that problem!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my SM-G900F
    Solved...

Hi richhaynes,

Anyway, hope this helps!

Regards,

scholbert