4G Not Working!

Search This thread
Jul 8, 2014
The title says it. My Wind SGH-T959W's (Galaxy S 4G) 4G is not working on the ROM that I am using. The ROM that I am using currently is Octane 2.3.6 for T959V, but all ROMs for that phone work on mine. 4G Only works on a few ROMs that I installed, but they aren't Deodexed (which i need). Is there a way to get the 4G to work on the phone?

Thanl You

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
The title says it. My Wind SGH-T959W's (Galaxy S 4G) 4G is not working on the ROM that I am using. The ROM that I am using currently is Octane 2.3.6 for T959V, but all ROMs for that phone work on mine. 4G Only works on a few ROMs that I installed, but they aren't Deodexed (which i need). Is there a way to get the 4G to work on the phone?

Thanl You

If it says "H" next to the signal bar, you're using "4G". The stock Samsung ROM uses 4G instead of showing H, all other ROMs show H.

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
@getochkn made a thread for the Wind LB6 modem here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1941078

There doesn't seem to be a flashable zip for 2.3.6 but if you update to anything newer than ICS you'll be able to flash it.

I actually recommend you give CM11 a go. 2.3.6 is now 2 years old and your phone is vulnerable to a lot of exploits that Samsung never patched but are fixed with more recent ROMs. KitKat runs amazingly well on this phone and you won't have the bloat that the stock Samsung rom comes with too.

Jul 8, 2014
@getochkn made a thread for the Wind LB6 modem here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1941078

There doesn't seem to be a flashable zip for 2.3.6 but if you update to anything newer than ICS you'll be able to flash it.

I actually recommend you give CM11 a go. 2.3.6 is now 2 years old and your phone is vulnerable to a lot of exploits that Samsung never patched but are fixed with more recent ROMs. KitKat runs amazingly well on this phone and you won't have the bloat that the stock Samsung rom comes with too.

I thought about that earlier, but I predicted that the battery life would be very bad, do you know anything about the battery life?

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
I thought about that earlier, but I predicted that the battery life would be very bad, do you know anything about the battery life?

Check out the CM11 thread, there haven't been complaints about the ROM. There was an issue with a Google Play Services update causing some battery drain, but I released an update a few days ago that had a patch fixing that.

It's a solid ROM, it still amazes me how well it works on this phone :).

Jul 8, 2014
Check out the CM11 thread, there haven't been complaints about the ROM. There was an issue with a Google Play Services update causing some battery drain, but I released an update a few days ago that had a patch fixing that.

It's a solid ROM, it still amazes me how well it works on this phone :).

The rom works great, but it keepson bringing up themessage "The Process android.process.acore has stopped"
any way to fix this?

Jul 8, 2014
It wouldnt let me flash, is there any way fix it?

I got 4G working by wiping everything, and installing the rom again. Then I installed gapps and 4G wont work. I did all of that again but didnt install gapps and it works great! :good: The ROM is actually very good for this phone and I will probably keep it like this.

But I still need the gapps for automatic updates, and very easily downloading apps. Mobogenie just doesnt do it for me.

And Candy Crush wont work as when i launch it, it stays at the loading screen then just closes to the home screen.

Any way to fix these issues?

CSP III

Jan 11, 2013
Detroit
There is NO BETTER ROM than TEAM Acid CM11 for this phone. Top to bottom, this is the best its gonna get.