[Q] Am I covered by warranty?

Search This thread

Sonic5317

Oct 20, 2011
Manchester
Hi guys,

Very recently my USB port on my Z had stopped working after slowly getting worse over time (I assumed it was a lose wire in my charger) and im no longer able to charge the phone via USB and most importantly able to transfer data. Im able to charge this via my dock but its not very practical all the time.

I had the phone running the leaked version of build .569 (Android 4.3) with a locked boot loader and no root status and because of the dead port im unable to flash it back

Another possible factor effecting my warranty is on Christmas day I placed the phone in a small amount of water (To show to my family) with the flaps down, however on the next day i noticed the water paper has gone red under the flaps despite there being no sign of water in the port as there was still dust under the flap.

Do you think my phone would be covered? If not how much would a repair be? Has anyone sent a phone for a paid repair before?

Thanks

hebbe

Feb 21, 2008
Hi guys,

Very recently my USB port on my Z had stopped working after slowly getting worse over time (I assumed it was a lose wire in my charger) and im no longer able to charge the phone via USB and most importantly able to transfer data. Im able to charge this via my dock but its not very practical all the time.

I had the phone running the leaked version of build .569 (Android 4.3) with a locked boot loader and no root status and because of the dead port im unable to flash it back

Another possible factor effecting my warranty is on Christmas day I placed the phone in a small amount of water (To show to my family) with the flaps down, however on the next day i noticed the water paper has gone red under the flaps despite there being no sign of water in the port as there was still dust under the flap.

Do you think my phone would be covered? If not how much would a repair be? Has anyone sent a phone for a paid repair before?

Thanks

mostly, how warranty is interpreted is depending on your domestic law.
e.g. in germany flashing a custom rom wouldn't void warranty as long as the rom isn't the reason for the defect (like burning the cpu with an overclocked kernel). so when the power button doesn't work anymore, they can't deny warranty just because you flashed a cyanogen rom. don't know if it's the same in the uk.

but the red water paper will turn out to be a problem. they will claim a water demage due to the flaps being opened when exposed to water.