[ROM][PORT][ICS 4.0.3] AOKP [25 March 2012] Better HW Acceleration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Smith7018

Nov 16, 2010
San Francisco
I've been running Pure ICS for the last two days and it's been great so far! Though, I've had some freezes and once my phone shut off and got really hot, but a restart fixed it.

Overall, fyeahICS! :)

ssmr2t

Jan 19, 2011
Beautiful thus far! Thank you !!

Issues I have encountered......

Videos look borked
When setting lower density on screen , can not make calls after. Need to go back to stock density
Other then those...best ics rom i have tried so far!!!

Phalanx7621

Jul 17, 2011
Delaware
OnePlus 8 Pro
Google Pixel 5a
First, and this should be obvious, but if u can't get root go download Superuser from Market. Second, and this is to the OP , its great to have ports and flavors, but FYI when u post something like this the first thing u do is credit every person you're aware of who contributed to making it work and function and the original dev as well of course. This means Entropy and all his work. If not for him we wouldn't have a kernel to make calls with. Nor would we have the phone.apk as it was posted in that thread as well. Although not his work you should credit whoever posted it. (if u included it by replacing it) :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stone_ship

Jul 17, 2010
Binghamton, NY
First, and this should be obvious, but if u can't get root go download Superuser from Market. Second, and this is to the OP , its great to have ports and flavors, but FYI when u post something like this the first thing u do is credit every person you're aware of who contributed to making it work and function and the original dev as well of course. This means Entropy and all his work. If not for him we wouldn't have a kernel to make calls with. Nor would we have the phone.apk as it was posted in that thread as well. Although not his work you should credit whoever posted it. (if u included it by replacing it) :)

He is pretty clear in the credits section of the OP. He even directs people's itchy donation fingers to others.

f100cleveland

Aug 23, 2010
Minnesota

I'm pretty sure Fenny (op) is the one that modified the phone.apk to have noise cancellation off by default.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Duffman14

Oct 18, 2010
Allentown, PA
that was tw ics this is asop ics

Gotcha. I missed that it is aosp. Is that what aokp in the thread title is supposed to be? I assumed it was a rom name since I don't really follow the i9100 forum very closely.

When I tried Baby Pacifier, first thing I did was put ADWex on since TW was wonky with the on screen buttons...

Looking over your shoulder...

Last edited:

Fenny

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 28, 2007
F(x)tec Pro1-X
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm pretty sure Fenny (op) is the one that modified the phone.apk to have noise cancellation off by default.

Indeed it was. :D I am actually pretty proud of the ingenuity that it took to backport the function from Samsung's Phone.apk, and modify it so that it would work on AOSP/CM9 Builds. Perhaps I should link to the post and not the file.

Reactions: SeanHacker

f100cleveland

Aug 23, 2010
Minnesota
Indeed it was. :D I am actually pretty proud of the ingenuity that it took to backport the function from Samsung's Phone.apk, and modify it so that it would work on AOSP/CM9 Builds. Perhaps I should link to the post and not the file.

Yes, your modified phone.apk for Samsung based and AOSP based roms are awesome.

Since you got a log of why the screen wakes up, do you think its something you can modify to make it not keep turning on?

Thanks for your work so far!

Fenny

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 28, 2007
F(x)tec Pro1-X
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yes, your modified phone.apk for Samsung based and AOSP based roms are awesome.

Since you got a log of why the screen wakes up, do you think its something you can modify to make it not keep turning on?

Thanks for your work so far!

That is the hope. :D With the issue not being present with an i9100 modem, I suspect that we will have to do some modification to the kernel (The most probable cause of the issue), the modem (and I don't really want to to mess with that.), or optimistically it can be fixed in userland. That last would be the best case since we don't have the source to either of those other two.

Reactions: SeanHacker

f100cleveland

Aug 23, 2010
Minnesota
That is the hope. :D With the issue not being present with an i9100 modem, I suspect that we will have to do some modification to the kernel (The most probable cause of the issue), the modem (and I don't really want to to mess with that.), or optimistically it can be fixed in userland. That last would be the best case since we don't have the source to either of those other two.

Good to know you're looking into:D

Good luck!!!

kool2zero

Feb 23, 2008
Wolcott, CT
www.kool2zero.com
Count me as another one of those who only gets a black screen... never to awake again. Can't adb to logcat.
Wiped Data/Cache/System prior to Install
Installed ROM, OnScreen Buttons, GAPPS
Reboot.. nada

Have to go into download mode to reset to stock

Previously used the Pacifiah

Last edited:

jaxf250

Dec 11, 2004
FL
Really appreciate Fenny's work on this. This would be my DD if it were not for the low quality of voice when making calls. The other party can hear me but the sound is still too muffled and poor to make this a DD for me... (only tested with phone, did not get chance to try BT headset audio to see if that made a difference) .... man, we are so close! I love the new cm9 UI... so much more pleasing for me to use than what Samsung did to ICS with TW.... I will keep watching this thread for any updates to the phone/voice quality.... Fenny, you are a genius!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS THREAD IS CLOSED: Get your updates here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574718
    I flashed entropy 160 kernel and scrolling seems a bit better, but does not mount external sd card and storage settings fails to open. So I bet this kernel is not suitable for these roms.

you're flashing the wrong CM9 kernel then bro. here is the latest kernel from team hacksungs build. they pulled from Entropys source.
    i don't know. i guess i just figured devs would dev. i'm not, but if i was, there would be private testing until the rom was fully working instead of having so many people download it. i sold my digital camera and portable media player when i first got a smartphone, so i just assumed these features were important. it's cool, though, because i am probably selling the phone and telling ATT to disconnect in a week or 2 anyway.

Really? You sound really unappreciative. The fact is your NOT a dev so what you would do is not important. You don't think they tested this privately before releasing? All the issues that are still present are the same for the I9100(for the most part).
    When things get fixed in the original thread fenny has fixed it pretty quickly. This thread is only a month old and look at all the fixes.

If you really NEED 1080p recording go back to GB.

If you want a fully functioning Rom that has been "privately tested" go READ/LEARN how to dev. Create your own team, testers, etc. Then don't release anything that has any issues at all and make sure everything is fixed.
    I posted this on the i777 cm9 thread, but it was verified in the i9100 cm9 thread to work on AOKP too. So here is an app that allows you to connect to your computer with a USB cable and have access to both internal and external cards. Works like a champ on cm9, so I thought I'd pass it over to you guys if you were needing something like this.

We will have access to get to our files via MTP as soon as a kernel is developed for our AOSP roms, but for now, this should hold you over:D
    I just called y'all *****es, and you liked it.