[MOD] Enable "Hidden" Quick Settings Tiles

Search This thread

debee1jp

Jun 25, 2014
Flashlight/torch

Has anybody figured out how to enable the flashlight/torch in the quick settings?

I saw that Sprint could use ;Flashlight; but that doesn't seem to work for T-Mobile.

I've personally tried ;Light;Flashlight;FlashLight;Torch; but none of those seem to work for me.

If anybody found it out I would probably confess my love to them.

odoyle81

Feb 6, 2010
I can't find settings storage in the sqlite editor.. I only see settings (com.android.settings) in the list of app. Any ideas?

rpaulin

Feb 21, 2015
Owensboro
I tried the instructions in the OP to the letter. But after the reboot I still don't see the tiles. Can someone please help me figure out what I am doing wrong? I am on AT&T. Thank you in advance.

Canyon30

Apr 25, 2013
AZ
Has anybody figured out how to enable the flashlight/torch in the quick settings?

I saw that Sprint could use ;Flashlight; but that doesn't seem to work for T-Mobile.

I've personally tried ;Light;Flashlight;FlashLight;Torch; but none of those seem to work for me.

I agree with debee1jp, Flashlight/torch would be amazing! I saw in SQLite an entry for torch_light so I tried it but no dice. Anyone have any ideas? I can put a widget on my home screen but it's just not the same as the quick settings.

Swimguy14

Mar 7, 2011
pnw
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I agree with debee1jp, Flashlight/torch would be amazing! I saw in SQLite an entry for torch_light so I tried it but no dice. Anyone have any ideas? I can put a widget on my home screen but it's just not the same as the quick settings.
What's weird is that the widget for flashlight on the home screen (the brightness of the actual light that shines) is nowhere near as bright as the flashlight toggle under quick settings.. and Id really like to know why. Wonder if anyone has a theory

sent from my galaxy a5 (SM-G900AZ) on Cricket

taliesin1077

Jul 9, 2010
Don't have lollipop (I have 4.4.4), but had some issues doing this, and thought I'd post my resolutions in case others are having the same thing.

First off, if you use the free SQLite Editor app (not the $3 one), you may not find it in the Apps section. (I didn't, anyway.) The database can also be found here: /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

Secondly, I was unable to edit the file directly. Permissions seemed set correctly, and SQLite Editor had root rights, but whenever I edited the db and went back into it, it was back to the original state. I used ES File Explorer (root) to copy the settings.db file from the above location to /sdcard/Downloads, edited the db, then copied it back to the above location. Rebooted, and now the quick settings tile is there. (Thanks to the Lollipop people who have been successfully using this method for a while now.)

I can also confirm, as has been mentioned several times, the actual capitalization is WiFiHotspot (not with the lowercase F, as it says in at least one place on the OP.)

Thanks to the OP for the technique!

EDIT: PLEASE NOTE, if you use the above "copy" method, you will need to set the permissions back to what they were before. I ended up noticing that I wasn't RECEIVING any text messages. I could send just fine, but could not receive. Couldn't figure out what I did. Did a factory reset, which fixed it...until I applied this fix again. Set the permissions back to what they were, and mine were rwx rwx rwx. That took care of the texting issue for me.

Last edited:

colang

Sep 4, 2011

Believe it or not try this Flashlight .. no capital L
Good luck worked for me

ravendemyseri

Mar 15, 2011
Flashlight

So, I added ;Flashlight; (note the lowecase "L" in light) and it is now listed as one of the ones I can toggle when I press the upper right button to get me the larger list of tiles, but it is not listed in the "Available Buttons" panel, any ideas?

edit: T-Mobile Galaxy S5 btw running Omega Rom

Last edited:

t-mobile_mda

May 30, 2007
hi guys..
is this soluiton works on g850w..? s801..? im getting while opening the setting storage,
error
error encountered..Error from running su commands: ls: applet not found

ATGkompressor

Jan 3, 2014
Samsung Galaxy A20
Google Pixel 7
So, I added ;Flashlight; (note the lowecase "L" in light) and it is now listed as one of the ones I can toggle when I press the upper right button to get me the larger list of tiles, but it is not listed in the "Available Buttons" panel, any ideas?

edit: T-Mobile Galaxy S5 btw running Omega Rom

I to am having that issue, it's not in panel settings. I used ;TorchLight; (case sensitive) but if I turn it on, modify the order, or anything, it goes away.

bigbabo

Apr 22, 2009
Hi i got note 4 that i used to add toggles same way since jb now that i got 6.0.1 settings.db is not there and i looked everywhere cant find it or the system portion of the same after you click on settings.db im on stock rooted note 4 6.0.1 any help is appretiated
edit....those that are interested in adding missing toggles on 6.0.1 and cant find settings.db there is an app called quickpannel manager it cost 1.49 works wonders

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is how to enable all the "hidden" quick tiles in the notification bar that seemed to have been disabled. Between versions of the S5 variants, several quick tiles seemed to be missing from some and enabled in others. Remember, I am NOT responsible for stupidity or whining if YOU do something wrong, phone explodes, etc.

The modifications need Root, SQLite Editor (or equivalent app functioning) and a brain
    MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CORRECT PERMISSIONS ON Settings.db OR IT WILL NOT WORK

-----Enabling Quick Tiles-----

1. Open up SQLite Editor

2. Select the Apps tab -> scroll down to Settings Storage and select

3. Click settings.db

4. Click system

5. Click search icon on top right (easiest method to filter) or scroll through db (harder way)

6. Type "notification" in the Filter Value field and press ok

7. Tap "notification_panel_active_app_list" -> select pencil icon on top to edit

8. In Value field, all enabled toggles are listed. Now, add the word "MobileData" (no spaces or quotation marks) to end of list (make sure to have NO SPACES between entries and semicolons separating each entry)

----> ex. Wifi;MobileData;WifiHotspot;Sound; ....

9. Once you add "MobileData", click save button.

10. Close SQLite editor and reboot/profit (see attached screenshot for what it should appear as)

This works for any quick settings tiles that are present, but you MUST type in the correct name (capital letters, no spaces, semicolons all count). One mistake will not show the tile after reboot.

----> instead of "MobileData", you can also "WifiHotspot" (already enabled in miked63017 zip for Hotspot Mod here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2727127 ). Download Booster Quick tile is also able to be added but has no function yet (see my post on updates to status towards getting this working here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2719582 )

-----Missing Tiles (so far noticed, if you know another please comment)-----
    *These are exact as they should appear,no spaces and capital letters (case sensitive)

Wifi;MobileData;SilentMode;Location;WiFiHotspot;NetworkBooster;Bluetooth;AirplaneMode;PowerSaving;UltraPowerSaving;Sync;AutoRotate;TouchSensitivity;AllShareCast;Toolbox;MultiWindow;Nfc;SmartStay;SmartPause;DormantMode;CarMode;PersonalMode;SBeam;AirView;AirGesture;DrivingMode;SmartStay;SmartScroll;SmartPause;ToddlerMode;EBook;SmartNetwork;WifiCalling

They can be put in any order and then, upon reboot, be arrange according.
    Big thanks to eyecon82 for pathway and miked63017 for Hotspot Mod additions.
    Flashlight/torch

wyoud you please be able to post what tiles are missing or what all of them are so users can compare if they need to do this or not .

See updated OP
    This is great..unfortunately some of the biggest variants that have hidden the downloadbooster have also locked bootloaders
    This is great..unfortunately some of the biggest variants that have hidden the downloadbooster have also locked bootloaders

Right now, I'm investigating an apk with the hidden 'false' value for Booster to see, if by enabling, that it'll work. May not need anything other than push ability and some apps to edit at least. Still WIP, hopefully more results soon.