(Dev request)Overclocking without custom kernel

Search This thread

suyash691

Oct 16, 2013
I have heard of some devices like SE W8 phone in which by overwriting some .ko files with root permit you can have overclock without bootloader unlock .... if possible can any dev here do that for our novathor phones

Abhinav1997

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 29, 2012
While building we have to edit arch/arm/mach-msm/acpuclock-7×30.c from the kernel source and therefore we have to make custom kernels. We may somehow be able to add governor and i/o schedulers modules on locked bootloader but as of now I don't think changing CPU clock speed is possible(correct me if I'm wrong). The 2010 phones are lot different and maybe they are also able to flash even custom kernels on locked bootloader via ftf format since it bypasses the sony signature verification which is not possible in 2012 phones. :)

tl;dr- Not possible ;)

Cheers,
AJ

Reactions: Wind07

suyash691

Oct 16, 2013
While building we have to edit arch/arm/mach-msm/acpuclock-7×30.c from the kernel source and therefore we have to make custom kernels. We may somehow be able to add governor and i/o schedulers modules on locked bootloader but as of now I don't think changing CPU clock speed is possible(correct me if I'm wrong). The 2010 phones are lot different and maybe they are also able to flash even custom kernels on locked bootloader via ftf format since it bypasses the sony signature verification which is not possible in 2012 phones. :)

tl;dr- Not possible ;)

Cheers,
AJ

Thanks for the comprehensive answers .... btw if you can also solve my doubt abt any way of updating mali drivers without building a new kernel (cuz i am not a dev)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xpetia P,U,Go and Sola are different devices (2012) then the w8 so no not possible !!

Sent From Cybertron With My Powerfull Xperia P

tl;dr- Not possible ;)

Cheers,
    AJ