Root Trio Stealth Pro 9.7

Search This thread

stevenj05

Jul 28, 2013
Okay let's get a few things into clarity here.
1: Do you have a USB mouse?
2: Did you install any other firmware onto the tablet?
3: Have you tried going into the settings and are able to click on backup and reset?

If you can go into backup and restore from settings click on "Factory data reset"

Report back here and see if that fixes it.

If that doesn't do the trick do the livesuit flash again but this time click no on both selections okay? I installed an incompatible Cyanogenmod and got out of that problem and I recently tried aokp rom which didn't work and both times the tablet is still fully functional. We will get it up and running again.

1. a wireless usb one but wouldnt i need an adapter to micro usb
2.i tried installing one but it was a modfied of stock it said from these forums
3.gonna try right now

one thing i did notice was now the tablet says trio 9.7 in about section...i do remember seeing before i tried modding it it said 9.7c...so im thinking this is an updated hardware maybe or it needs that firmware.

Weisheit7

Jul 22, 2013
1. a wireless usb one but wouldnt i need an adapter to micro usb
2.i tried installing one but it was a modfied of stock it said from these forums
3.gonna try right now

one thing i did notice was now the tablet says trio 9.7 in about section...i do remember seeing before i tried modding it it said 9.7c...so im thinking this is an updated hardware maybe or it needs that firmware.

It' should be a stealth 9.7 on the About Tablet section under Model number so that's fine. Just try the factory reset from settings. You need the cord it came with to plug into the micro USB and on the other end of the cord you can connect it to the USB for the mouse. Not sure if that will work automatically with a wireless mouse like it did for me with a USB cord mouse. As a note my trio stealth pro 9.7 is running ICS version 4.04

Last edited:

stevenj05

Jul 28, 2013
It' should be a stealth 9.7 on the About Tablet section under Model number so that's fine. Just try the factory reset from settings. You need the cord it came with to plug into the micro USB and on the other end of the cord you can connect it to the USB for the mouse. Not sure if that will work automatically with a wireless mouse like it did for me with a USB cord mouse. As a note my trio stealth pro 9.7 is running ICS version 4.04

my tablet says its running the same thing but black screen still. i guess im just gonna see what trio says and see how much to fix. i couldnt find the usb cable for the mouse and i was trying to turn wifi on and for some reason that wouldnt work.

Weisheit7

Jul 22, 2013
my tablet says its running the same thing but black screen still. i guess im just gonna see what trio says and see how much to fix. i couldnt find the usb cable for the mouse and i was trying to turn wifi on and for some reason that wouldnt work.

The wifi not working and the black screen is probably because of the firmware on there. Did you do the factory reset and then try to flash firmware again with livesuit? If that doesn't work it has to be from a bad screen but if touch screen doesn't work right and black screen but hdmi works I'm suspecting its because of the different firmware.

stevenj05

Jul 28, 2013
The wifi not working and the black screen is probably because of the firmware on there. Did you do the factory reset and then try to flash firmware again with livesuit? If that doesn't work it has to be from a bad screen but if touch screen doesn't work right and black screen but hdmi works I'm suspecting its because of the different firmware.

I've tried everything you said and nothing. I think it does need a diff firmware. I rma to trio and waiting for a response to see what they say. Thanks for your help.

eureca

Nov 27, 2012
Was there ever a custom rom released for this tablet? Even if I have a lot of memory freed up and have nothing else up in the background a lot of apps will still go slow like browsers and netflix. Is that basically just because of the crappy rom the tablet came with?

I haven't really used androids a lot but I got and old first generation kindle fire and put a custom rom on and it and it runs so must faster then this tablet when it has worse specs.

merwin

Feb 14, 2006
Was there ever a custom rom released for this tablet? Even if I have a lot of memory freed up and have nothing else up in the background a lot of apps will still go slow like browsers and netflix. Is that basically just because of the crappy rom the tablet came with?

I haven't really used androids a lot but I got and old first generation kindle fire and put a custom rom on and it and it runs so must faster then this tablet when it has worse specs.

I haven't gotten around to it yet... It's possible to port another ROM, but I don't know how much of a performance increase you will get. It's kind of crappy hardware. The kindle fire has great quality hardware in it, and performs far better than this ever will, unfortunately. I kind of wish I hadn't sold my fire to get one of these. Lol. Kinda.

GnatGoSplat

Apr 29, 2007
The lag is common with the Allwinner A10, especially with browsers. It's just not a very good processor.

eureca

Nov 27, 2012
I haven't gotten around to it yet... It's possible to port another ROM, but I don't know how much of a performance increase you will get. It's kind of crappy hardware. The kindle fire has great quality hardware in it, and performs far better than this ever will, unfortunately. I kind of wish I hadn't sold my fire to get one of these. Lol. Kinda.

Oh

I bought this one because it was a little over 100 dollars with a free 8gb micro sd. Probably should have just put that money towards a better performance tablet. Didn't realize it was gonna run this way when I bought it. I guess some apps do run fine sometimes without the annoying freezing msg that comes up that asks if you want to wait for it to respond or kill the app.

thecahillswork

Sep 3, 2013
would upgrade to jelly bean help ?

I have successfully rooted my Trio Stealth 9.7 and get the same freezing. Would installing a fresh new copy of 4.2 JellyBean over the current 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich possibly help alleviate the performance issues ?

Has anyone put 4.2 on a Trio Stealth and could share their expertise ??

crmoody76

Mar 29, 2013
Black screen users rejoice!!!(somewhat)

after many weeks of searching for another rom that would bring back video for those of us who flashed the susposed stock firmware rom, i have found one that brings the video back, but unfortunately, no touchscreen. as i am fairly new at manipulating files and still researching info, i'd like to have a more experienced user try and extract the video files we need and import them into the stock rom image or import our touch drivers into this rom. i must mention by the way that the rom i found is in chinese but i think we all know how to change the language. for those who want to try their hand just pm me and i'll give you the link to the rom. once we have success, i'll get together with the successful person and we'll put together a post for the new rom or instructions for getting everything in order.

stevenj05

Jul 28, 2013
after many weeks of searching for another rom that would bring back video for those of us who flashed the susposed stock firmware rom, i have found one that brings the video back, but unfortunately, no touchscreen. as i am fairly new at manipulating files and still researching info, i'd like to have a more experienced user try and extract the video files we need and import them into the stock rom image or import our touch drivers into this rom. i must mention by the way that the rom i found is in chinese but i think we all know how to change the language. for those who want to try their hand just pm me and i'll give you the link to the rom. once we have success, i'll get together with the successful person and we'll put together a post for the new rom or instructions for getting everything in order.

Great find!! Hopefully we get this working soon. Or someone releases the actual firmware for 9.7c

crmoody76

Mar 29, 2013
Great find!! Hopefully we get this working soon. Or someone releases the actual firmware for 9.7c

ive come to the conclusion that there are 2 different hardware configurations for this tab, but i havent been able to find the differences. smithmal has one and he's getting me some screen shots of the mainboard and components for me to compare so we can find out the differences. like everyone else who has the video problem, when you flash, the touchscreen can be heard working. (well at least for me anyway) so it shouldnt take much to get the video working again.

GnatGoSplat

Apr 29, 2007
ive come to the conclusion that there are 2 different hardware configurations for this tab, but i havent been able to find the differences. smithmal has one and he's getting me some screen shots of the mainboard and components for me to compare so we can find out the differences. like everyone else who has the video problem, when you flash, the touchscreen can be heard working. (well at least for me anyway) so it shouldnt take much to get the video working again.

Aren't the video drivers baked into the kernel?
I believe the OEM of this tablet did make at least 2 versions, one with TN screen and the other with IPS screen. The Trio Stealth has the TN screen. If you find a ROM where the touchscreen works, you could try flashing the Trio bootloader into it to get the screen working.

It's been too long so I'm hazy on the details, but I had some success with that.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34935951

Also, I remembered finding posts from Momo11 Bird 3 owners that were having the exact same problem. It made me wonder if the Momo11 Bird 3 is most similar to the Trio Stealth. Found some pics of the Bird 3 here:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/733585946/Ployer_MOMO11_Bird_3_edition_Tablet.html
Looks very similar, speaker holes in the right place, no mention of IPS screen which is a good sign.
Found this link to a Momo 11 Bird 3 fix, try at your own risk:
http://momo-11-bird-3-fix.blogspot.com/2013/03/momo-11-bird-3-fix.html

Good luck.

crmoody76

Mar 29, 2013
Aren't the video drivers baked into the kernel?
I believe the OEM of this tablet did make at least 2 versions, one with TN screen and the other with IPS screen. The Trio Stealth has the TN screen. If you find a ROM where the touchscreen works, you could try flashing the Trio bootloader into it to get the screen working.

It's been too long so I'm hazy on the details, but I had some success with that.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34935951

Also, I remembered finding posts from Momo11 Bird 3 owners that were having the exact same problem. It made me wonder if the Momo11 Bird 3 is most similar to the Trio Stealth. Found some pics of the Bird 3 here:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/733585946/Ployer_MOMO11_Bird_3_edition_Tablet.html
Looks very similar, speaker holes in the right place, no mention of IPS screen which is a good sign.
Found this link to a Momo 11 Bird 3 fix, try at your own risk:
http://momo-11-bird-3-fix.blogspot.com/2013/03/momo-11-bird-3-fix.html

Good luck.

downloaded the momo 11 fix.......no bueno:(.......same black screen and backlight lights up, but noticeable is that the touch and volume keys dont work. i did manage to get into recovery with the uberizer and flash the stock 9.7 zip located here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2296921 over the rom that gave me video. after flashing the zip it changed everything to english but still no touch response. also there are two roms that i have that give video, both from the same company and both already adb debug enabled.

Last edited:

GnatGoSplat

Apr 29, 2007
That's too bad. Did the stock 9.7 ROM work for anyone? Or does it kill touch for all Trio Stealth 9.7's?
I'm not clear if there's more than one version of Trio Stealth 9.7 shipped to the US, or if that was always the wrong ROM to begin with.

stevenj05

Jul 28, 2013
I had a 9.7c version installed stock. I tried a rom disabled touch. Tried 9.7 rom got black screen and when hooked up on hdmi touch works but not aligned right. 9.7 rom is the only one ive been able to see through hdmi output

crmoody76

Mar 29, 2013
That's too bad. Did the stock 9.7 ROM work for anyone? Or does it kill touch for all Trio Stealth 9.7's?
I'm not clear if there's more than one version of Trio Stealth 9.7 shipped to the US, or if that was always the wrong ROM to begin with.

i dont think that rom worked for anyone as far as i could i tell from reading earlier post. i DID however do some hunting on ebay and noticed two differences in these tabs that solidifies there are two different firmwares. mine has the trio symbol and stealth pro centered at the top in line with the rear camera. and one on ebay has the trio symbol and "model" stealth pro centered in the middle of the tablet. also this one has the the trashcan symbol the x on it "ce" "fc" and 8gb at the bottom along with made in china and the trio website.

stevenj05

Jul 28, 2013
i dont think that rom worked for anyone as far as i could i tell from reading earlier post. i DID however do some hunting on ebay and noticed two differences in these tabs that solidifies there are two different firmwares. mine has the trio symbol and stealth pro centered at the top in line with the rear camera. and one on ebay has the trio symbol and "model" stealth pro centered in the middle of the tablet. also this one has the the trashcan symbol the x on it "ce" "fc" and 8gb at the bottom along with made in china and the trio website.

mine is the same as yours. no 8gb or website description on it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to Root the Trio Stealth Pro 9.7

(a.k.a. Trio Stealth Pro 9.7C 4.0)

The Trio Stealth Pro 9.7 is Mach Speed Technologies' second entry into the Android Tablet market. Their first entry was the Trio Stealth Pro 7 and it came already rooted. Unfortunately this one, its bigger brother, did not come rooted.

But our friend Bin4ry has come up with an innovative solution that works on many ICS and JB tablets and phones. And fortunately for us it works on the Trio Stealth Pro 9.7.

His post titled Root MANY ANDROID! [Upd: 13.10.2012] can be found on this forum at:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

Be sure to view his "How to" video on youtube before attempting this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EpkrCq1gfM

You will see in the video he says to test the adb drivers and to not attempt this root until you pass that test. So here is my real contribution in that the folks at Mach Speed have a nearly useless support site that hasn't been updated to include either Stealth Pro tablet in any case. So what you need to know is that the Trio Stealth 9.7 is basically a rebranded MOMO11 Bird edition. Then you need to find a Spanish language forum post that refers you to the following site for the MOMO11 Bird edition (upgraded to 4.0.4) drivers:

Get the drivers here -
    http://www.kmods.net/android/drivers_g59.html

If Bin4ry updates his tool, I suspect it will still work. But just in case, I used
    I used Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v15
    Yes, they do... Just have to find the right one, merge it with the flash file for our existing ROM, and viola :) Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

We do have CWM though. That's a start.

I saw that and when I couldn't find anything definite about CM I decided to try cooking my first ROM lol. I got it working...stock ROM with SU/BusyBox and Play Store baked in. A few build.prop tweaks. That's about it but performance is slightly improved and it should be helpful for those having trouble installing Play on the device.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

I created a basic stock based ROM for the Trio Pro 9.7. The thread is Here. Root and busybox are pre-installed as is Google Play. Other than zip aligning the apks and adding a few build.prop tweaks it is 100% stock. Hope it helps!
    Firmware for the Trio 4.3, 7B and 9.7 now available

Great news. I should be able to obtain these firmwares in the near future. Please subscribe to the Trio 9.7 thread over at Slatedroids (see link below) for updates on firmware availability.

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/67650-firmware-now-available-for-trio-43-7b-and-97/

Thanks,

smithmal
    hi there, Im trying to buy this and wanted to ask you a few questions:

1) What is the screen resolution? 1280x768? or 1920x1200?
    2) Have you been able to ROOT it? Not sure why you would as I am sure it can install any APK file and does not have cell service to root to tether with. I rooted my phone just to get free tethering working.
    3) Can you install Google Play on it? How about amazon apps? Is installing google apps such as Gmail/Youtube/Maps as easy as downloading the APK from androidpolice or similar and installing them?
    4) have you tried playing any 720p mkv movie/show files, I dont even know if it easily reads external drive and/or it has file explorer to copy files to it.

Sorry to have asked you these in this thread but you seem to be the only person who owns it and I may pick one up fro walmart tomorrow. :laugh:

1) already answered - 1204 x 768 (per box)
    2) yes, I started this thread after I had just successfully rooted
    3) root first then :
    A. Install ES File Explorer (download from http://www.estrongs.com/en/download.html)
    B. Launch ES File Explorer and go to settings (bottom on screen three dots vertically aligned)
    C. In Setting go to "Root setting" and check all 4 boxes
    D. Download Phonesky.apk (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18294468)
    E. Move Phonesky.apk to /system/app/
    F. Change Phonesky.apk permissions to rw- r-- r--
    a. tap and long hold Phonesky.apk
    b. select "properties" and change the permissions from there
    Works Fine have download and installed from Play Store several Apps
    4) don't know,. I haven't tried.
    I have the original img that is supposedly for the 9.7 that I used on my 9.7c and everything works. Including touch. Since I cannot post links pm me if you would like the link.