[Q] Cyanogen s4 mk2??

Search This thread

ericerk

Jun 21, 2010
I have and found many to say yes and many to say no. So i wasnt sure if i could use cm on my s4 or not. Prob will just use jelly beans

Yes it's possible. But not with out an unlocked bootloader.
No w/ out a locked bootloader you can't even run aosp. (Depressing eh?)

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
It's not that difficult to get. It's just pricey, and w/ the S5 coming out around the corner pointless.

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SCH-I545ZKDVZW

The S5 is even more pointless if you ask me. It's going to come even more locked down than these s4's
Sure people will work hard at finding exploits but its not going to be any easier. Its getting to the point where more an more people will jump ship over to Sprint where you can still unlock the bootloaders.

So what if Knox gets mad and keeps telling you in tiny yellow and red letters during each reboot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ericerk

Jun 21, 2010
The S5 is even more pointless if you ask me. It's going to come even more locked down than these s4's
Sure people will work hard at finding exploits but its not going to be any easier. Its getting to the point where more an more people will jump ship over to Sprint where you can still unlock the bootloaders.

So what if Knox gets mad and keeps telling you in tiny yellow and red letters during each reboot.

That's a joke right sprint?

People will jump to Tmobile. Unlockable and actually decent and fast service.
Granted the S5 (on vzw and att) will come more locked than the S4 but people (dan rosenberg or someone else) will initially come onboard and find a 2nd init or kexec method. Also vz has the most coverage around the US.

Reactions: Mistertac

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma

Granted the S5 (on vzw and att) will come more locked than the S4 but people (dan rosenberg or someone else) will initially come onboard and find a 2nd init or kexec method. Also vz has the most coverage around the US.

Hey I know sprint sucks balls for service I was just throwing one of them out there that's all. You get my point. T-Mobile sounds good to me.

Reactions: ericerk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have and found many to say yes and many to say no. So i wasnt sure if i could use cm on my s4 or not. Prob will just use jelly beans

Can you post a link to a thread that says we can run CM on MK2? Thanks.

Sent from my NCC-1701 using Tapatalk 4
    You can only run cm and aosp on mdk...mk2 is stuck with touchwiz Roms only

Hey I know sprint sucks balls for service I was just throwing one of them out there that's all. You get my point. T-Mobile sounds good to me.