Official Team Win Recovery Updates 2.7.0.1 Lg AT&T Optimus G E970

Search This thread

stunning

Feb 25, 2010
Pakistan
www.youtube.com
TWRP 2.7

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project 2.7, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

What's new in 2.7.0.0:

Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
Text wrap in the console output
Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions
Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
Add 4.4 AOSP decrypt support
Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes
Note: 2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.

DOWNLOAD: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/geeb

Download the above file. Turn off your device. Turn on the device while holding volume down until the boot screen shows up. The device will now be in fastboot mode. Plug the device into your computer. If you have the right drivers installed you will be able to use fastboot. Run the following command via the command line:

fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img

Note that you will need to change the last part to match the name of the file that you just downloaded. You will also need adb and fastboot for your computer.

Attachments

• tw1.png
    tw1.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 802
  • tw2.png
    tw2.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 768
  • tw3.png
    tw3.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 710

jriv

Apr 13, 2010
Princeton,MN
Been waiting for this.glad this phone got support for it will this be updated in goomanager so I can update through the app

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Oh can I flash 4.2 roms and 4.4 roms without switching Recovery's like we currently have to do

Reactions: lacan019

scubamikejax904

Nov 21, 2010
Jacksonville, Fl
I just found this app and used it to flash the img file Android (no fastboot needed) I use to use goo (but it hasn't been updated in a long time)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cgollner.flashify

Been waiting for this.glad this phone got support for it will this be updated in goomanager so I can update through the app

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Oh can I flash 4.2 roms and 4.4 roms without switching Recovery's like we currently have to do

jriv

Apr 13, 2010
Princeton,MN
I had to revert back to 2.6.3 this isn't letting me flash any roms keeps saying binary failed for every rom

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

Reactions: kevinyohh

n1mr0d

Apr 18, 2011
From the OP:
You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work.

Since it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, my interpretation is that this will not support 4.4 ROMs. This seems to be proven out by the previous posts having to revert. Has anyone gotten this to work?

cdub50

Jul 21, 2007
So does the latest version 2.7.0.1 work for flashing kitkat ROMs? Or still no luck.

Sent from my KFTHWI using xda app-developers app

milindchitale

Apr 30, 2010
ahmedabad
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
problems installing

Hi, TWRP team,

I am encountering problems in installing the 2.7.0.1 I am currently on the 2.6.3 version, and trying to get the latest to install, but even after using many different tools: Rom toolbox, flasher, etc, ( except adb / flashing), am not able to get the img file installed as recovery.

As a last resort, I will try out the flashing technique, but just wondering why the built in tools listed above fail.

I am also eager to know of the stability of the latest TWRP vis-a-vis the earlier backups from 2.6.3 versions.

cheers
milind

Last edited:

milindchitale

Apr 30, 2010
ahmedabad
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
could not install zip

Hi, TWRP team,

I am encountering problems in installing the 2.7.0.1 I am currently on the 2.6.3 version, and trying to get the latest to install, but even after using many different tools: Rom toolbox, flasher, etc, ( except adb / flashing), am not able to get the img file installed as recovery.

As a last resort, I will try out the flashing technique, but just wondering why the built in tools listed above fail.

I am also eager to know of the stability of the latest TWRP vis-a-vis the earlier backups from 2.6.3 versions.

cheers
milind
I could get the 2.7.0.1 to install, and work for backup, however, when it comes to installing an update zip file, it fails to no avail.
I reverted back to 2.6.0.3 after several unsuccessful attempts.
hope others also share their experience. Let us wait for the stable version for e970 till then.
milind

DeathmonkeyGTX

Oct 15, 2007
Little Rock, AR
Hi, TWRP team,

cheers
milind

lol you can't flash an .img like that. you have to fastboot flash it.

cdub50

Jul 21, 2007
Anyone able to flash 4.4 ROMs with latest 2.7.0.1 version? Downloaded but have not flashed yet with flashify. Wanted to see if anyone was successful to flashing 4.4 ROMs before I flash it.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 2.7

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project 2.7, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

What's new in 2.7.0.0:

Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
    Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
    Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
    Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
    Text wrap in the console output
    Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
    Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
    Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
    Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions
    Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
    Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
    Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
    Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
    USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
    Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
    Add 4.4 AOSP decrypt support
    Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
    Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes
    Note: 2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.

DOWNLOAD: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/geeb

Download the above file. Turn off your device. Turn on the device while holding volume down until the boot screen shows up. The device will now be in fastboot mode. Plug the device into your computer. If you have the right drivers installed you will be able to use fastboot. Run the following command via the command line:

fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img

Note that you will need to change the last part to match the name of the file that you just downloaded. You will also need adb and fastboot for your computer.
    I made a flashable zip that you can just flash in recovery instead of using fastboot or some flash app. Link here.
    I just found this app and used it to flash the img file Android (no fastboot needed) I use to use goo (but it hasn't been updated in a long time)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cgollner.flashify

I had to revert back to 2.6.3 this isn't letting me flash any roms keeps saying binary failed for every rom

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk