Gs5 Activation Issue?

Search This thread

Bigslammu

Jul 12, 2013
Hey guys,

I've had my gs5 since launch and initial Best Buy told me they were having issues getting the phones to activate and that it would take a bit... So I switched the default LTE/CDMA antenna to automatic mode and eventually it acquired data and LTE/3g works, however it keeps warning me about how activation isn't complete and when I let it go through the process it just ends up failing and retrying 5 times. I need to force close it to make it go away but If I restart it comes back.

TLDR: phone has data/service but still tells me to activate in notification tray.

Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it? Much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

vj092887

Jul 25, 2008
I had the exact same issue when i got ny phone on launch day. I factory reset my phone and the activation message went away.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

pyrochance

Aug 27, 2012
Fort Worth
Hey guys,

I've had my gs5 since launch and initial Best Buy told me they were having issues getting the phones to activate and that it would take a bit... So I switched the default LTE/CDMA antenna to automatic mode and eventually it acquired data and LTE/3g works, however it keeps warning me about how activation isn't complete and when I let it go through the process it just ends up failing and retrying 5 times. I need to force close it to make it go away but If I restart it comes back.

TLDR: phone has data/service but still tells me to activate in notification tray.

I've been having that issue as well. Do you live near a spark network area?
Where I live the LTE doesnt have csfb and I think that had part of the reason why it wouldnt fully activate. But I live near a spark network so i drove up into Ft. Worth and restarted my phone in LTE/cdma mode and went thru the activation process yet again. And this time it worked and hasn't come back since then.

Last edited:

gtuansdiamm

Nov 15, 2010
New York
I had a similar issue
I called sprint many times and went to multiple sprint stores

I finally got it activated though phone call
If the first rep can't activate it
Hang up and call again

BubZX

Jul 5, 2011
Bought mine at target and activation went straight thru. Less than 5 minutes

MEGABYTEPR

Jan 30, 2009
Hey guys,

Im having same issue here. Have you resolved your issue or just got used to it?

ecs87

Nov 17, 2012
You're probably missing /carrier folder files. I'm not sure if Alpineman has them posted for the S5 in his HFA loop fix thread.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app