[Q] Verizon Prepaid Moto G Rooted

Search This thread

lightningdude

Oct 9, 2010
If you need Verizon prepaid, look into Page Plus, at www.pagepluscellular.com because they are prepaid on Verizon's network. The Boost Mobile Moto G is rootable and can be made to work on Page Plus.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ne_stew

rampart51

Feb 2, 2011
If you need Verizon prepaid, look into Page Plus, at www.pagepluscellular.com because they are prepaid on Verizon's network. The Boost Mobile Moto G is rootable and can be made to work on Page Plus.

Let me just add a comment here if I may.

I have a Boost MOTOG flashed to use Pageplus. Version 4.4.2

Although I have unlocked the bootloader and installed the SUPERSU via recovery, the phone will not root. No error messages or anything but if you try to use any app that needs root, it will not work.

It has something to do with Verizon & 4.4.2 version.

ne_stew

May 17, 2014

Although I have unlocked the bootloader and installed the SUPERSU via recovery, the phone will not root. No error messages or anything but if you try to use any app that needs root, it will not work.

Yea, I'm getting mixed feedback. I appreciate the suggestion with Pageplus and still trying to look into it. The guys over at rootandroid told me they can't root the G on Verizon Prepaid. I really don't want to be on the "bleeding edge" as an amateur. Still looking for a proven method, or an alternative phone...

lightningdude

Oct 9, 2010

I have a Boost Moto G flashed to PP, on 4.4.2, and root works just fine for me. Running xposed like a champ. Titanium backup worked for removing needless apps, too. I used the superboot method.

classic757

Apr 15, 2013
I am seriously considering buying a Verizon prepaid Moto G, but this root issue may be a deal breaker for me. Why so much of a problem with rooting this phone. I know the bootloader is locked, but I have had phones that were locked but I was still able to root them. What's with the Moto G? :confused:

ne_stew

May 17, 2014
Mine's the same version.

Going down the Pageplus road, but first another question. Is there another MVNO you might recommend other than Pageplus that's prepaid and on the Verizon net?

The reason is, I got pushback from Pageplus when I mentioned the G. Claim their dealers can't handle it. In addition they claim Verizon is blocking the G because it is a prepaid device.

In short it must be a 3g or backwards compatible to 3g device, nonprepaid and a Verizon contract phone.

I've found 3 PP dealers in the area, might see how far I get with the G or other best option they have. I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking another MVNO...

lightningdude

Oct 9, 2010
Going down the Pageplus road, but first another question. Is there another MVNO you might recommend other than Pageplus that's prepaid and on the Verizon net?

The reason is, I got pushback from Pageplus when I mentioned the G. Claim their dealers can't handle it. In addition they claim Verizon is blocking the G because it is a prepaid device.

In short it must be a 3g or backwards compatible to 3g device, nonprepaid and a Verizon contract phone.

I've found 3 PP dealers in the area, might see how far I get with the G or other best option they have. I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking another MVNO...

I use Page Plus, so I don't know any other MVNOs. They are correct about the Moto G, Verizon blocks their Moto G for at least 6 months. If you flash a Boost G, their imeis aren't registered on Verizon, so they come up fine. Dealers won't know this, but you can set yourself up on the Page Plus website. Kitty Wireless, a Page Plus dealer, offers free ESN checks to make sure you can use a phone with them. Kitty is all online, though.

Edit: I should specify, my wife has the Boost G on PP, I set it up. Bought a Verizon G before I knew about the locked bootloader and Boost flashing. When the Verizon G can be used on PP, we'll be trading phones.

Last edited:
Reactions: ne_stew

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I use Page Plus, so I don't know any other MVNOs. They are correct about the Moto G, Verizon blocks their Moto G for at least 6 months. If you flash a Boost G, their imeis aren't registered on Verizon, so they come up fine. Dealers won't know this, but you can set yourself up on the Page Plus website. Kitty Wireless, a Page Plus dealer, offers free ESN checks to make sure you can use a phone with them. Kitty is all online, though.

Edit: I should specify, my wife has the Boost G on PP, I set it up. Bought a Verizon G before I knew about the locked bootloader and Boost flashing. When the Verizon G can be used on PP, we'll be trading phones.