[Q] Xperia T lt30p root

Search This thread

dakuhonoo

Jun 27, 2014
i wanted to root my xperia T but unfortunately DooMLoRD's guide doesn't work for me http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2327472, i tried it out but it didn't do anything after getting daemon started.
i got the phone with JB 4.3 already so i thought that might be the reason, the build is 9.2.A.0.295 so i want to ask how to root it

Mad Marty

Jan 20, 2011
TowelRoot has been confirmed to work for the T on 4.3 firmware, see topic in the General section

Sent from my LT30p using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: dakuhonoo

dakuhonoo

Jun 27, 2014
unexpected problem

the root really worked and i was excited for about half a day but now i noticed that i can't connect to google play, nor my account sync works, what should i do?

dakuhonoo

Jun 27, 2014
you could flash a recovery and then flash gapps?

i don't know, with i guide i should be able to but i've never done that, i only rooted the device i didn't flash any rom

i read somewhere on the forums that i can solve it by deleting etc/hosts but it tells me i don't have enough permissions to do so

matt4321

Retired Senior Moderator - The Real Matt
Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK

dakuhonoo

Jun 27, 2014
Last edited:

matt4321

Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK
i'm going to have to do that, i managed to delete the hosts file with root browser but it should have made a new one and it didn't, it also didn't solve the problem .. i'm trying this recovery now

ok i flashed it, probably, now what?

You need to reboot into the recovery and flash the GApps (Google Apps) which should have all the sync and play store files to work

dakuhonoo

Jun 27, 2014
You need to reboot into the recovery and flash the GApps (Google Apps) which should have all the sync and play store files to work

i booted into recovery with quickboot and installed google core apps from sd card and wanted to reboot but it's telling me that "ROM may flash stock recovery on boot" choices : No | Yes - Disable recovery flash | No

what should i do?

matt4321

Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK
i booted into recovery with quickboot and installed google core apps from sd card and wanted to reboot but it's telling me that "ROM may flash stock recovery on boot" choices : No | Yes - Disable recovery flash | No

what should i do?

'disable recovery flash'

Though it shouldn't change anything since this is a LB recovery and done in a completely different way

dakuhonoo

Jun 27, 2014
'disable recovery flash'

Though it shouldn't change anything since this is a LB recovery and done in a completely different way

funny, i'm so stressed out i messed up and chose No instead of Yes, thank you for you support so far

and it booted up and i'm still getting "Server error" on play store

do you think flashing the stock android over the mess i made would help? or factory reset?

Last edited:

matt4321

Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK
funny, i'm so stressed out i messed up and chose No instead of Yes, thank you for you support so far

and it booted up and i'm still getting "Server error" on play store

do you think flashing the stock android over the mess i made would help? or factory reset?

hmm, I think I'd start from scratch, not sure where you went wrong or if my idea would have worked.

Flash stock android (an FTF) and re-root this will definitely fix things up

EDIT: try clearing play store data in settings>apps>google play

dakuhonoo

Jun 27, 2014
hmm, I think I'd start from scratch, not sure where you went wrong or if my idea would have worked.

Flash stock android (an FTF) and re-root this will definitely fix things up

ok and could you be so kind to help me find a guide to do that as well? i don't feel too confident right now, i feel i would just mess up again

is this the right guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2648320 ?

perhaps it didn't work because i actually deleted the hosts file in etc

Last edited:

matt4321

Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK
ok and could you be so kind to help me find a guide to do that as well? i don't feel too confident right now, i feel i would just mess up again

is this the right guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2648320 ?

perhaps it didn't work because i actually deleted the hosts file in etc

ahh I must have missed that, deleting them was probably a bad idea ;)

Yeah, that guide will be perfect

No worries, hope you get it sorted

dakuhonoo

Jun 27, 2014
It will wipe by default when using flashtool

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using Tapatalk

ok, i'm going a little crazy in here, i managed to flash the stock firmware but i still can't get into play store .. so should i now do the recovery thing?

one little thing, this damned xperia doesn't have any file manager so now i can't install the things from my sd card ... what on earth am i supposed to do? i'm almost crying, how incompetent i am

Last edited:

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
that guide doesn't mention wiping data and i vaguely recall people do that when flashing roms, should i do something like that?

Many times developers don't specifically state that you must wipe data, but the fact that not doing so generally gives rise to so many errors, that I'm surprised people still "dirty flash" and complain about errors.

On the other hand, if clearing data for the play store/google framework/etc. didn't work as @matt4321 suggested, and you are still can't access the play store after flashing an FTF (and having wiped /data, obviously), then it's most likely a problem with the GAPPS that come with your FTF/ROM that you flashed (unlikely), or a problem with your internet connection.

If you have any .apk file you wish to install, and you have ADB installed on your computer, just enable USB debugging in developer settings, connect USB cable, connect to your phone through ADB (adb -d shell) and type:

Code:
cd /storage/sdcard0 (or sdcard1, or wherever your .apk file is located)
pm install name-of-your-apk.apk

Something which can also be done with a terminal emulator, which I doubt you have since you don't have access to the Play Store.

dakuhonoo

Jun 27, 2014
Unbelievable

i did all those things, lost all the data, everything i did with that phone so far and now i solved it by simply setting time manually and forgetting and reconnecting to my wifi, i want to sincerely thank you all for you help, namely matt4321, for keeping my hopes up, i'll try towelroot again

i mean, would you believe it? something as simple as reconnecting my own wifi

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts