[ROM][CWM][FC09]Mortify_ROM V2 Final - 7/15/2012

Search This thread

darkierawr

Feb 2, 2011
darkierawr presents...

Mortify ROM
Slim + Fast

Disclaimer
By downloading and installing any of these mods, you have accepted my terms of agreement. I.E Your phone gets messed up? Not my fault. Countries WAGE WAR over your phone fearing its doomsday capabilities....Guess what? NOT. MY. FAULT. *sigh* I could sit here all day and think of more cliche and childish things for a disclaimer. But I'm going to take a nap instead. Enjoy!

Mortify ROM:
This is FC09 under a new fancy name! See, my last name is Mortensen....so I named the ROM MORTify. Get it? Heh heh? Oh darkierawr you crack you up. This ROM is deodexed, rooted, debloated, with tweaks aplenty. Full change log below. I also included a new theme(thank you GituSum). If you don't like it, feel free to flash another theme. FC09 themes should work...but I make NO promises. As always, make a nandroid backup. NOTE: When you first sign into your Google account and accept the market's permissions, it will begin syncing and updating the market/Play. Wait until the sync icon fades from the top bar before you try and download shtuff. Or it could cause issues. Please enjoy this ROM and please hit the thanks button if you download and like this ROM! Thank youuuuuu​

Change log in Post #2
Screenshots and application alternatives in Post #3

THANK YOUS!
QBKING77 IS STILL THE BEST
KennyGlass123. I used TPR for everything. ;) He is also the best moderator we have, and ever will have on this forum.
Marcusant. For being my rock...
Flastnoles11. For liking way too many of my posts.
Nashdogg. I ripped Holo Launcher right out of your Gummy goodness :D
Ca1ne. For the swipeable toggles. It was great of him to release source right when I needed it.
Travmofosho. For doing helping me release v1. And for CRTON.
bilyhoe. For pushing me to release.
Suggestions made this what it is now. Thank you everyone that had a problem with anything. Thank you Samep.

Mortify v2 Final

Download - Here : Mirror

MD5: 889c86e0225a6579df329b7b5a6afd8e

Please report on everything.

This is a barebones ROM. I've taken out almost everything that can be downloaded from the Play Store. Things like Maps and Gmail have been taken out.

1. Download and place on your SD card.
2. Boot into ClockworkMod
3. I recommend doing a FULL WIPE.
4. Install ROM.
5. ???
6. Profit!
Do a backup!

I think it's pretty fast. I sometimes get instances of random lag. If you notice any of that tell me. I'm playing with kernels. I recommend turning off transitions :D

Last edited:

darkierawr

Feb 2, 2011
iSaint how I miss you...

CHANGELOG?

QUEST TO FINAL

Changes from Beta 5 to Final: Fixed browser FC. Nebula transitions. Updated QuickPanelSettings. Fixed social networking sign in. Added transparent MMS. Samsung Keypad. Smaller and even quicker than before.

Changes from Beta 4 to Beta 5: Replace ADW Launcher with Holo Launcher. Replace Samurai Kernel with Nubernal kernel. Swipeable notifications. Set sio and ondemand by default. Disable scrolling cache. CRT-ON.

Changes from Beta 3 to Beta 4: Huge rework of tweaks. The result is a quicker, seemingly more stable ROM. Bluetooth should be working fully now, and the Sprint Connections Optimizer is now fully working(thanks samep). It's also smaller

Changes from Beta 2 to Beta 3: Back to ADW, custom Samurai kernel with Mortify boot image, better battery images, stock GB transitions, I'm sure I'm forgetting things.

Changes from Beta 1 to Beta 2: Zeam launcher, Shadow kernel, buggy, ICS theme

Beta 1: ADW Launcher, Shadow kernel, ICS animations, stock theme

Last edited:

darkierawr

Feb 2, 2011
I like panda bears.

SCREENSHOTS?

Lockscreen:
device-2012-07-12-022844.png

Homescreen:
device-2012-07-14-010103.png

Notifications:
device-2012-07-12-023045.png

Messaging:
device-2012-07-12-023242.png

Kawasaki:
kawa.png

Barebone ROM applications to get:

This is a barebones ROM. Which means that I made this as lean and quick out of box as I could. These are some apps you may miss or want that can be found in the Play Store.

Gmail - Download from Play Store
Maps - Download from Play Store
Navigation: Bundled with Google Maps. Waze and Sygic also work too.
Calculator - RealCalc or any of the other many wonderful calc apps.
Clock - Download DeskClock from market. Or try another Clock/weather application.
Facebook/Twitter/Contact/Messaging scrollable widgets: Try AndroidProWidgets or Colorize Widgets.
Facebook: The official Facebook app is a resource and battery hazard. Try Fast Facebook or FriendCaster.
YouTube: Download from Play Store
Flash: Download from Play Store
G+: Download from Play Store
Picture editor: I recommend Picsart
Song Identifier: SoundHound or Shazam.
Cloud Storage: I recommend Google Drive. Edit documents and 5GB free storage. SugarSync is also nice. And DropBox I guess.
Anti-Virus: I recommend Avast! Anti-virus. But there are others.
Anti-Theft: Cerberus.
News: Pulse, Flipboard, take your pick.
Magazines: Large selection in the Play Store. But also take a look at Zinio.
Books: I like Google Play Books. Work well.
Video Player: For more codecs, try MX Video Player.
File Explorer: Try ES File Manager or Solid Explorer. I also recommend Super Manager.
3rd Party Keyboard: I recommend SwiftKey. Only app I have ever bought.
CALENDER: I will be removing the TW calender application for final release. I recommend MyCalender Free.

Last edited:
Reactions: DroidModder

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Good job darkie :) bout time some one came out with a pre rooted tar even though all it does is save like what 14 clicks to root the stock tar? Oh and it literally is 14 clicks i counted :p.

darkierawr

Feb 2, 2011
Good job darkie :) bout time some one came out with a pre rooted tar even though all it does is save like what 14 clicks to root the stock tar? Oh and it literally is 14 clicks i counted :p.

These are just CWM.

I am working on the TAR....it's...not going too well...:D

I did get the FB15 ODIN out too. Over in the other thread.

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
whoops didnt see that... :) i stand corrected. Yeah i hear working with TAR is a pain.. if you dont understand it completely.

G

GuestK00145

Mtd soon too? ;)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

madvj

Oct 10, 2007
I am on CM9 rom right now. I want to try this out, what steps do i need to take? Download BML and flash it using CWM after wiping?

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
I have a quick question - is the difference in file size for the MTD download (130MB) and the Stock Deodexed Version(160MB) the result of it being an MTD version or is there some other difference between the downloads?

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
madvj said:
I am on CM9 rom right now. I want to try this out, what steps do i need to take? Download BML and flash it using CWM after wiping?

You need the mtd version cause you can't go back to bml without odining back to stock first. Just wipe data, cache, dalvik, flash fb15 mtd.

Reactions: misterlee622

madvj

Oct 10, 2007
You need the mtd version cause you can't go back to bml without odining back to stock first. Just wipe data, cache, dalvik, flash fb15 mtd.

Thanks for the reply.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Is the battery life any better on this then CM9? For me, battery life is horrible with CM9 Alpha 4.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    darkierawr presents...

Mortify ROM
    Slim + Fast

Disclaimer
    By downloading and installing any of these mods, you have accepted my terms of agreement. I.E Your phone gets messed up? Not my fault. Countries WAGE WAR over your phone fearing its doomsday capabilities....Guess what? NOT. MY. FAULT. *sigh* I could sit here all day and think of more cliche and childish things for a disclaimer. But I'm going to take a nap instead. Enjoy!

Mortify ROM:
    This is FC09 under a new fancy name! See, my last name is Mortensen....so I named the ROM MORTify. Get it? Heh heh? Oh darkierawr you crack you up. This ROM is deodexed, rooted, debloated, with tweaks aplenty. Full change log below. I also included a new theme(thank you GituSum). If you don't like it, feel free to flash another theme. FC09 themes should work...but I make NO promises. As always, make a nandroid backup. NOTE: When you first sign into your Google account and accept the market's permissions, it will begin syncing and updating the market/Play. Wait until the sync icon fades from the top bar before you try and download shtuff. Or it could cause issues. Please enjoy this ROM and please hit the thanks button if you download and like this ROM! Thank youuuuuu​

Change log in Post #2
    Screenshots and application alternatives in Post #3

THANK YOUS!
    QBKING77 IS STILL THE BEST
    KennyGlass123. I used TPR for everything. ;) He is also the best moderator we have, and ever will have on this forum.
    Marcusant. For being my rock...
    Flastnoles11. For liking way too many of my posts.
    Nashdogg. I ripped Holo Launcher right out of your Gummy goodness :D
    Ca1ne. For the swipeable toggles. It was great of him to release source right when I needed it.
    Travmofosho. For doing helping me release v1. And for CRTON.
    bilyhoe. For pushing me to release.
    Suggestions made this what it is now. Thank you everyone that had a problem with anything. Thank you Samep.

Mortify v2 Final

Download - Here : Mirror

MD5: 889c86e0225a6579df329b7b5a6afd8e

Please report on everything.

This is a barebones ROM. I've taken out almost everything that can be downloaded from the Play Store. Things like Maps and Gmail have been taken out.

1. Download and place on your SD card.
    2. Boot into ClockworkMod
    3. I recommend doing a FULL WIPE.
    4. Install ROM.
    5. ???
    6. Profit!
    Do a backup!

I think it's pretty fast. I sometimes get instances of random lag. If you notice any of that tell me. I'm playing with kernels. I recommend turning off transitions :D
    I don't really plan on developing for a two year old phone anymore :/. And touchwiz sucks anyway...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I am glad the CM team don't feel the same way. Noobnl just posted CM10 almost finished.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
    How to install and review videos are up!

NOW it's a real ROM.

Thank you qbking77! Who is the best.
    Alrighty.

-I got the downloads FC thing fixed.
    -I added the transition effects from Nebula.
    -I updated the QuickPanelSettings
    -I fixed the Twitter sign in thing.
    -I added transparent MMS.
    -I added Samsung Keypad. The autocorrect seems to work better over the keyboard I had in there.
    -It's more smaller-ish!

What else? Or should I release this now as Beta 5.1?