[NIGHTLY][2.3.7][UPDATED 17/01] CyanogenMod 7.2 for Huawei U8150 [UNNOFFICIAL]

Would you like the text at the top or bottom of the boot animation?

Votes: 105 40.9%
  • Bottom

Votes: 152 59.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

dublea

Feb 1, 2011
MS
Just installed via Rom Manager. After initial install, all seemed well. I had issues with sound quality (ringtones or calls,) the web was extremely laggy to load/operate, screen DPI not set correctly for lockout and such.

When I installed the gapps the install failed. System had kernel of 2.3.4 yet gapps was for 2.3.3. I'm guessing gapps isn't updated to the current release. You guys are doing great though! Keep it up. Until then I'll keep using DroniX, OC w/ multi.

nba1341

Feb 13, 2011
San Bernardino, California
Just installed via Rom Manager. After initial install, all seemed well. I had issues with sound quality (ringtones or calls,) the web was extremely laggy to load/operate, screen DPI not set correctly for lockout and such.

When I installed the gapps the install failed. System had kernel of 2.3.4 yet gapps was for 2.3.3. I'm guessing gapps isn't updated to the current release. You guys are doing great though! Keep it up. Until then I'll keep using DroniX, OC w/ multi.

Did you install exactly according to instructions? Wipe/Clean install... None of these issues exist if installed correctly and GAPPS installs fine everything from it works

xda_nz

Apr 3, 2011
Hamilton
I cant wait for new release... i hope at least notification ring but get fixed asap!.. its starting to annoy me :p

There is workaround for this, which is working fine for me and others:

There's a temporary tip to get it working. Go in settings -> cyanogenmod -> Sound and put on "Notifies,Ringtones,alarms" in play only using speakers section.

Last edited:

dublea

Feb 1, 2011
MS
Did you install exactly according to instructions? Wipe/Clean install... None of these issues exist if installed correctly and GAPPS installs fine everything from it works

Yes, I performed the install per instructions but still had issues with gapps. I might try to download again as it may have been corrupted.

EDIT: I deleted the downloaded files, redownloaded and installed. Awesome rom! Got it synced with exchange and got Netflix working (downloaded from market even!)

Last edited:

dublea

Feb 1, 2011
MS
Where is the download link for GAPPS?

Do you have Rom manager installed? Then go to Download Rom, then choose the Google Applications add-on link. There is gapps.

Now, does anyone have a good recommendation to a gallery app? One that streams vid like the original gallery app? I use streaming vids with it for my job and would hate for this functionality to be lost.

I want to say thanks!

Yes, I want to say thanks to all the members of the IDEOS DEV TEAM for their great work!
I have been following them since Cyanoman v2 (the best rom till now imho) but Gingerman v5.1 (I have been using it now) works well. Obviously, something needs workaround, something doesn't work but, you know, it can give up something!
I bought a Huawei U8150 by chance and now I can have Android 2.3.4 without spend too much money for a high-end cellphone. What else!

Just a little question: what about opengl and 3d homescreen support?

Last edited:

dublea

Feb 1, 2011
MS
Yes, I want to say thanks to all the members of the IDEOS DEV TEAM for their great work!
I have been following them since Cyanoman v2 (the best rom till now imho) but Gingerman v5.1 (I have been using it now) works well. Obviously, something needs workaround, something doesn't work but, you know, it can give up something!
I bought a Huawei U8150 by chance and now I can have Android 2.3.4 without spend too much money for a high-end cellphone. What else!

Just a little question: what about opengl and 3d homescreen support?

Ok, I know I'm not a genius with Droid but the U8150's hardware is just not capable of good 3d to my knowledge. It does have an Adreno 200 GPU that does in fact support OpenGL ES 2.0, OpenGL ES 1.1, OpenVG 1.1, EGL 1.3, Direct3D Mobile, SVGT 1.2 and DirectDraw. The phone just doesn't seem powerful enough to use a 3d homescreen though. I've tried multiple 3d type games only to find it wouldn't load correctly. Hell, even Bejewelled wouldn't run in it. Doesn't mean it's not a good phone, I love it. Just not for gaming =P

Reactions: addoni

dublea

Feb 1, 2011
MS
Ok, I've used this for about 2 days now and I'm going back to DroniX 0.4 for the time being. I love that I could use Netflix and other apps. I love how stable and smooth it was. BUT, there was major problems with Wifi and audio.

Wifi: The phone had issues staying connected to two different routers, one at home (n), one at work (g.) These routers are in the same room as I am most of the time. I should have FULL signal. I never got full signal, only 1-2 bars. Also, when phone went into powersave mode / screen lockout, wifi turned off to save power. That's not a big problem. But, when I would unlock it, it wouldn't re-establish a connection to my routers. I'd have to turn wifi off, then on again for it to work.

Audio: When the phone is first booted, all audio correctly goes through whatever speaker it is intended to broadcast through. But, after you lockout the screen and the system goes into powersave, the audio that would have gone through the speaker phone speaker would come out of the earpiece speaker. Every time. I was missing calls and txt due to this, but that's no biggy =P

As I've stated before, AWESOME work guys. Keep it up! I can't wait to see this get better!

MajesticTouch

Nov 21, 2008
Zagreb
While waiting for rom update I made some fixes myself. :)

I have modified framework.jar file (native calls for auto focus are disabled), so apps that use camera through framework works without problems. This isn't a complete fix because apps that use camera through native calls wouldn't work if they use auto focus function.
I am using modified framework.jar for a week now and no problems occurred. Every app that I installed worked fine, like Barcode Scanner, IP Webcam etc.

INSTALL:
1. Full system backup (for safety reasons)
2. Copy modified framework.jar to System/Framework folder and overwrite original with file manager like "Root Explorer" which enables writing to a system partition
3. Change permissions of modified framework.jar after overwriting: USER: Read, Write; GROUP: Read; OTHERS: Read
4. Reboot phone (first boot takes a little bit longer while dalvik cache is rebuilt)
5. Enjoy!

NOTICE: This is provided AS IS, use it at your own risk

EDIT: Reuploaded framework.jar for Gingerman v6!!!

Attachments

• framework.zip
    3 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:

samwyze

Sep 15, 2008
While waiting for rom update I made some fixes myself. :)

I have modified framework.jar file (native calls for auto focus are disabled), so apps that use camera through framework works without problems. This isn't a complete fix because apps that use camera through native calls wouldn't work if they use auto focus function.
I am using modified framework.jar for a week now and no problems occurred. Every app that I installed worked fine, like Barcode Scanner, IP Webcam etc.

INSTALL:
1. Full system backup (for safety reasons)
2. Copy modified framework.jar to System/Framework folder and overwrite original with file manager like "Root Explorer" which enables writing to a system partition
3. Change permissions of modified framework.jar after overwriting: USER: Read, Write; GROUP: Read; OTHERS: Read
4. Reboot phone (first boot takes a little bit longer while dalvik cache is rebuilt)
5. Enjoy!

NOTICE: This is provided AS IS, use it at your own risk

P.S Also, I added ServiceChannel class in framework.jar, extracted from original Ideos 2.2 rom which is a small step toward resolving FMRadio issue

Awesome - do you think you could look at the changes I made to framework-res.apk, phone.apk and contacts.apk earlier in the thread and see if you can recompile them? I had FC issues and my lappy has been decommissioned :) (I'm a neat freak when it comes to layouts!)

Sent from my Ideos using XDA App

Reactions: MajesticTouch

dublea

Feb 1, 2011
MS
@Dublea

How did you get Netflix with video working on the U8150 with Gingerman 5.1?

Update: Oh looks like you are using a Droid.:confused:

I got netflix working on Gingerman5.1 and dronix 0.4. It's a hell of a lot smoother on Gingerman.

Gingerman - Just downloaded from Market

DroniX 0.4 - Use the Netflix app on here, the one from the market, not the device check removed.

No, I called android based phones droids before the "Droid" was released. ^_^

Sent from my DroniX using XDA App

Last edited:

mague

Jun 2, 2011
Thanks for the ROM :)

Seems i cant use USB developer mode. Dont need it though.

The Radio was mentioned a few times already, so i ll wait :)

My two mayor issues are the occasional stuttering when playing MP3 and the loudness of the head speakers. The stuttering is my main issue. Is this a DSP thing or does the SD card need abit more memory for buffering ? or is it much more complex ? ;)

I have read that other Android devices have somewhere hardcoded values in cfg files or in the code itself. Is it possible to raise the volume of the headphone in Gingerman a bit ?

With the DSP manager and some quality headphones this is my first Android i d call a music player. If there was a bit more volume and no stuttering it would be perfect.

Oh.. about the poll on top of the forum.. i d say remove the whirling characters. Make it just a simple loading bar or just use the "waiting wheel" from Android. The boot pic is really nice, but the whirling characters not so much :eek:

Edit: I cant update OI File Manger from Market. Says something about wrong signature.

Last edited:

MajesticTouch

Nov 21, 2008
Zagreb
Awesome - do you think you could look at the changes I made to framework-res.apk, phone.apk and contacts.apk earlier in the thread and see if you can recompile them? I had FC issues and my lappy has been decommissioned :) (I'm a neat freak when it comes to layouts!)

Sent from my Ideos using XDA App

I'll look into it as soon as I catch some time :D

tilal6991

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Yep it is close. Finally managed to get CM7 compiled and am now testing the new build . Should be released soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread has been depreciated.

Please go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1456890 for the latest info and nightlies.

Accomplishments:
    -Overclocked Kernel by tilal6991
    -Stripped FROYO rom
    -Booting Gingerbread rom / AOSP & CYANOGEN

Dev Teams Rom V2 FROYO
    Newer base! ;)
    Please Update Git
    Ripped (So GAPPS package will be an option)

Change Log
    *ROOT
    *Rom Manager, File Manager, ADW launcher
    *Newer base from march
    *Nexus bootscreen

Removed
    *GAPPS
    *Launcher2
    All the changelogs and known issues are now at our new blog here!!!!!!!
    December 5th nightly (CyanogenMod 7.2)

Here's a new nightly, up to date with latest upstream CyanogenMod sources as of December 5, 2011. Also, I'm testing new libs in this build and I'd appreciate feedback. n00bs need not apply.

What's new/fixed:
    • Mounting the SD card over USB
    • Overclocking
    • Barcode Scanner works (using tilal's fix, of course)
    • ROM Manager 4.8.0.6
    • Kernel Supports ext3/ext4 (should fix link2sd problems)
    • I bet nobody read this, and will ask a million times if it supports overclocking... :)
    What's not fixed:
    • Camera still takes 2 megapixel pictures. This appears to be the maximum the U8150 camera hardware supports, information about the U8150's camera sensor. I can't explain why the stock firmware takes 3mp pictures, but it appears they're upscaling them, not taking "true" 3mp.
    • Audio is still distorted when it is very loud.

How to flash*:
    1. Flash ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.7 (instructions). UltraJack won't work.
    2. Do a nandroid backup from ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Wipe data/factory reset
    4. Flash update from sdcard
    5. Full reboot!
    6. Flash Google Apps from ClockworkMod Recovery (optional)

Download ROM: update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-U8150-KANG-signed-dec5.zip (md5sum: 245615517569263c37364b0460425e6d)
    ClockworkMod Recovery: clockworkmod_5.0.2.7_u8150.img (md5sum: c59673d5aa926d94227857e51fbe9e2c)
    Google Apps: gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip (md5sum: 1647897d8ac3efb04723d2ad2c361a3f)

*failure to follow instructions has been shown to result in baldness in both men AND women. Flash at your own risk. It is your own responsibility to backup your applications, settings, phone numbers, etc.

Beta testers should look out (and provide feedback) for:
    • I switched to CyanogenMod's libril, liblights, libcopybit rather than using local versions in our device tree. The reasoning was that if the local ones work as well as the CM ones, there is no need to complicate our device tree just because "it works." CyanogenMod's maintainers maintain/update the CM hardware libs, so we'll let them do it.
    • Audio. I switched to psyke83's libaudio. We are already using a local libaudio override in our device tree, but right now we're using one from tas0s U8120 build. From speaking to psyke I learned that his code is newer, and contains fixes from the CodeAurora Forum. We had tried his code before but it didn't compile because of an error in the FM-related ifdef logic. We fixed the compile bug last night and the audio seems to work no less better than the U8120 audio.

Have fun!
    January 17, 2012 Nightly

Alon can you please post a newer build of cm 7 which incorporates light sensor.

Thank you

Yep, I tried to post one yesterday but XDA was down to show their disapproval of controversial Internet censorship legislation in the USA. I posted the download link on Twitter, so a few lucky people saw it. ;)

Here you go: update-cm-7.2-nightly-Jan17-u8150.zip (md5sum: 9a608be48402fd3d26c534fdb1597296)

It has the "working" auto brightness, a new kernel with a kernel panic fix, some touchscreen fixes, and dithering on by default (a bit nicer colors, especially grays).

Cheers!