[RECOVERY] 100% working ClockworkMod Recovery for Infuse 4G

Search This thread

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
Where have you been? A couple mount points are wrong in Captivate CWM and there are sd card mounting problems as well. Galaxy S i9000 CWM is a better fit for us.

i have seen it talked about but i have been using the captivate version since day one. it i have no real issues with it. dont know what to tell ya. it works for me. it doesn't give me mount errors when i flash, it backs up my rom and it restores it.

maybe there is more than one hardware version? my build date is 1104 and says rev 0.8 and made in korea

edit: i switched to the i9000 version and it's stuck on a backup, hasnt moved in 10 minutes. so im pretty sure im sticking to the captivate version.

Last edited:

crawlgsx

Jun 21, 2007
Maine, USA
i have seen it talked about but i have been using the captivate version since day one. it i have no real issues with it. dont know what to tell ya. it works for me. it doesn't give me mount errors when i flash, it backs up my rom and it restores it.

maybe there is more than one hardware version? my build date is 1104 and says rev 0.8 and made in korea

edit: i switched to the i9000 version and it's stuck on a backup, hasnt moved in 10 minutes. so im pretty sure im sticking to the captivate version.

There wasn't even 10 minutes between your post and edit.

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
did it occur to you that i was trying it before i wrote the first post so i can come back and post results

edit: ok there does seem to be an issue with mounting the external ds card, though i had that issue on many kernels for the captivatd as well. i got into the habbit of not using the external card to flash roms. guess you guys are right. still the captivate cwm doesnt hang as much on the backup, could have been coincidental though.

Last edited:

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008

Yeah you can't restore backups made with the Captivate version while using the i9000 version. Make a backup with the i9000 version and then you should be able to restore it with the i9000 version.

If you want to stick with the Captivate CWM that's fine, but almost everyone was having issues with it (especially with mounting the sd card and flashing ROMs from it) and we aren't experiencing these same issues with the i9000 CWM.

Last edited:

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
Yeah you can't restore backups made with the Captivate version while using the i9000 version. Make a backup with the i9000 version and then you should be able to restore it with the i9000 version.

it was making a backup, not restoring. it just hung, no progress for a while when it got to dbdata, i tried toggling between the splash screen and the text read-out with the menu key and it just showed the yellow startup text. then after i posted that. i tried toggling again with the menu key before shutting off the phone and it was on the green menu like it just never updated the display and needed to be reminided to do something.

i hate computers.. they always find a way to make a fool of me

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
it was making a backup, not restoring. it just hung, no progress for a while when it got to dbdata, i tried toggling between the splash screen and the text read-out with the menu key and it just showed the yellow startup text. then after i posted that. i tried toggling again with the menu key before shutting off the phone and it was on the green menu like it just never updated the display and needed to be reminided to do something.

i hate computers.. they always find a way to make a fool of me

So did you ever get the i9000 version to make a backup or no? All I know is that most of us couldn't flash ROMs from internal or external with the Captivate CWM unless we manually mounted via adb.

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
So did you ever get the i9000 version to make a backup or no? All I know is that most of us couldn't flash ROMs from internal or external with the Captivate CWM unless we manually mounted via adb.

yes the i9000 one did work seem to work, im not 100% sure if it saved, i lost track of how many backups i did today to test it but i will keep the i9000 version and if it gives me more problems i wil report it. it made a fool of me a little but im sure it works. the captivate one works from my internal but not external sd card(this was the first i tried the external)

XCellPhoneSalesRep

Oct 31, 2010
The Joisey Shore, Nu Joisey
goo.gl
OK i have (2) InFuSe(s) side by side and BOTH seemed to take Clockwork via Rom Manager(i9000) fine, BUT when i chose to boot into Recovery or use (3) button method i get <3e> .

If i select reinstall packagesi get:
--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening Update package...
Verifying update package...

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

BTW: This happens in BOTH Method 1 & 2...

keitht

Dec 21, 2005
Delray Beach, FL
OK i have (2) InFuSe(s) side by side and BOTH seemed to take Clockwork via Rom Manager(i9000) fine, BUT when i chose to boot into Recovery or use (3) button method i get <3e> .

If i select reinstall packagesi get:
--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening Update package...
Verifying update package...

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

BTW: This happens in BOTH Method 1 & 2...

That yellow font is horrid! :) Did you copy the recovery file from the 3e mod to the proper location replacing the existing one?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1091465

Video instructions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkMo8rBehHg

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
yes fix 3e recovery. if you are not comfortable with root explorer(dont know how you couldnt be with gtg's video) trusselo has a windows batch script that works as well in the captivate section. just plug the phone into the computer with debugging enabled and run the script.

after you fix 3e you need to reinstall packages twiceto get it installed and that's it.

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
it;s a fairly easy fix. be glad samsung stops there. htc has been nand locking phones since the evo and mt3g. now they are supposedly using an encypted nand lock for the evo3d. motorola, well there bootloaders are locked to signed firmware. samsung bootloaders might not be as well understood as htc and create some limitations but they haven't shown interest in locking them or the nand partitions just yet. consider yourself blessed

Reactions: bedwa

harrythescorpion

Nov 24, 2010
Hi guys,

i am using infuse 4g on rogers. it is rooted and so far i have managed to unlock it as well, using the at&t hex editor method.

i have tried every thing mentioned in this forum but i am not able to install the modded e3 recovery. The phone is running Gingerbread 2.3.3 UXKG3 default rogres ROM.
firstly, there is no recovery file in system/bin folder.
i have a recovery file present in ROOT folder. i have tried almost everything. from placing the modded file manually in system/bin, deleting the default recovery file, that is present in root etc but nothing seems to work. i still get the msg about the signatures of the file while installing CWM recovery. and one more thing that i have noticed is that even if i delete the default recovery file(which is present in the root of the phone) after rebooting it comes back in its place.

so please suggest what else i can do??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is 100% working. All partitions are mapped correctly and the SD cards mount properly.

Instructions (Method 1):
    1) Place the zip file on your INTERNAL SD card and rename it "update.zip".
    2) Boot into modded 3e recovery and choose "Reinstall Packages". You may have to do this twice the first time.

Instructions (Method 2):
    1) Install ROM Manager from the Market and select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery"
    2) Select "Galaxy S i9000" (The partitions are identical. I checked.)

Disclaimer: This is not an official CWM recovery from Koush.

Can someone help, neither method is working.

this is a late reply but in case you've not figured it out:

I'm guessing that your location shows that you're in Toronto, CN. You're prolly running Roger's 2.3.3.
    You may need to find the Roger's method or use odin or heimdall to flash a GB kernel in download mode to get your cwm recovery.

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, you may need to read up a bit
    I chose "Galaxy S Captivate", it seems to work. Would "Galaxy S i9000" be a better choice?

Thanks for the help and the ROM!

Yes. Do not choose Captivate. The Captivate recovery is not fully compatible with the Infuse and you will have problems.
    I used root explorer to DELETE the "recovery" in the root of the phone. It keeps coming back. I have a copy of the new recovery and fixed the permissions like in the video, it stays put in system/bin with the permissions fixed. I have repeatedly tried to use root explorer to delete the "recovery" in the root of the phone but it will only stay gone until I reboot into recovery, and it's the blue recovery and there is NO OPTION for "reinstall packages".

See the screen shots from mejori

My exact same problem exactly. And yes I soft bricked it and used Heimdall Odin on this handset before, and wonder if that isn't what's causing it to fail?

if it says "apply update from sdcard" instead of "reinstall packages" then you are on a gb rom. this doesn't work on the gb rom. the stock gb kernel prevents it. using initramfs inplace of a boot.img allows Samsung to block certain things. you will have to flash a modded kernel for cwm, that's how it works.
    You win +1 internet. Thank you.