Letting this thread die -- too long -- use as reference only

Search This thread

Ohh_Trenton

May 18, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Please have patience everyone. Im going to keep it real, if youre looking for ICS to be your daily driver tomorrow, it's not going to happen. Android 4.0 Hasn't even been officially released but Hashcode is working his tail off to get this done before it even is officially released. I understand we are all excited but patience my grasshoppers. We are seeing improvements every week.

The-Captain

Recognized Themer / Retired Forum Moderator
May 18, 2011
I was not expecting it to be done tomorrow. Just wanted an estimate of how long it was gonna take. Maybe 2 months would be a good estimate?

virus5877

May 8, 2011
Storrs, Connecticut
Huge thanks for all the guys working so hard on this! You all are the reason Android is the superior platform as far as I'm concerned! keep up the fantastic work! I can't wait!

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
The new build isn't up yet. I was going to remove the debugging information I currently have in it, and load up the kernel modules so that the data usage screens should work.

Look for Preview 3 tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

The-Captain

Recognized Themer / Retired Forum Moderator
May 18, 2011
Thanks for the awesome work on this rom hashcode. Not gonna try it out, till a little more is working, but i can tell your making great progress.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App

jediman

Oct 28, 2010
Hash, you are amazing!
Only Audio and Camera not working?
That is still so incredibly impressive you have no idea!

Looking forward to the next release :-D

Soon as Audio and Camera are working, I am so flashing!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ALPHA #4 of CM9/ICS for Droid 3

DON'T LET GOOGLE RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM COMING FROM GINGERBREAD

An OMAP4 optimized build using CM9/AOSP sources. I used some of the published Moto Source from D3 and RAZR where I felt it was appropriate to get the low level services running.

Download Link Here

Changelog Here

For the most up-to-date information / builds check my blog:
    http://hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
    Or follow me on Twitter:
    http://www.twitter.com/hashcode0f

KNOWN ISSUES:

- Leaving Bluetooth on but not paired causes all audio to stop working on the phone. If you turn off Bluetooth then audio comes back.

Temporary Workarounds:

- For GSM/WCDMA users please enter *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer. Then goto "Phone Information". Near the bottom of that screen there's a drop down of network preference. For GSM-ONLY use GSM (PRL). Exit that screen and reboot the phone.

What is working in this build:

Fixed Data usage stats
    Removed useless FM radio apps
    SD Card change: internal = /sdcard, external = /sdcard-ext (just like Motorola setup)
    Facebook sync
    Voice search fixed
    Trebuchet as launcher (Nebkat rules)
    Many hard keyboard issues resolved (including B key! Thanks to Tezet)
    Bugfixes from Alpha #1
    Embedded GApps (for now)
    Larger default apns-conf.xml file for international use
    Embedded WirelessTether app
    3G Data
    Audio
    phone is connected to the network
    Wifi
    GPS
    Bluetooth
    SD Cards (needs testing again)
    HW Accelerated Graphics (RenderScript apps will have issues -- like Web Browser)
    Adbd

What isn't working:

Camera (in progress)
    Some Codecs (in progress)

Screenshots:
    droid3-ics-home.png
    droid3-ics-settings-phone.png
    Fix For Home Key!!!!!

guys i just figured out why button remapper wasnt working on the d3 and figured out how to fix it. just move the attached files into /system/usr/keylayout reboot and your home key will be fully functional!:)
    http://t.co/AScWERTj
    http://t.co/W2AW6vUT
    i also recommend backing up your current ones
    Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delays. Building times isn't really the issue. I probably do about 5-6 builds a night. And if I had to guess, I'd say about 30-40 GB for ICS files. I keep Gingerbread active as well for Safestrap builds and that's another good bit (20GB).

It's the right build to release that I'm looking for. Unlike Bionic which doesn't have the hard keyboard f'ing things up, I still have rotational issues and an MIA "B" key. I worked till 5am last night on the rotation, but it's a lot of digging through code and then testing different theories out.

I love that you guys are so excited to see advancements in the ICS build.

If I can't fix rotation or the B key issue tonight, I'll put a build out anyway.

Tonight, I debugged the keyboard a bit, and fixed quite a few errors (including the HOME key). I couldn't get the "b" key working at all.

Its so weird. I see debug logs showing the button click, but it just doesn't want to print. I'm tracing code to see where it gets lost.

The hard keyboard will probably need even more tweaks in the future to support shift key state/alt key state and their related LEDs.

Right now you have to hold shift / alt down and hit the other key at the same time to see the alternate output.

Slightly related is the rotation issue: The hard keyboard is being recognized as an external attachment (like a bluetooth keyboard would be.) New to ICS is a device config file, and I'm setting one up for the keyboard to let the OS know that it's an internal keyboard, etc.

3G data is officially janky in ICS. It doesn't work quite the same way as GB, and I'm in the process of coming up with a fix for it. (I can tweak the phone to GSM and then back to CDMA and sometimes it comes up. But that's not a real solution.)

Audio is working in all capacities as the CM7 build (no docks working yet- need to decompile the APKs which support them). However, I noticed some memory allocation errors when streaming audio, etc. So I'm back to sorting out syslink/tiler mem issues, which *should* fix up all of the multimedia glitches.

Not sure if working audio alone warrants a new build.. what do you think?

In the OP I put up a quick build with 3G working (12/18). This is basically my debug build, because my son is sick and I'll have limited time for the rest of the day.

However, I expect to clean this up, and fix Market FCs tonight/tomorrow and put up the first Alpha build soon. That build should support network swapping for CDMA/GSM. But as always testing will be needed.

Once I upgrade to Alpha, I'll open up the tracker again for ICS/CM9 bugs.

Have fun.