Are you like me with battery life?

Search This thread

jkat797

Feb 13, 2011
Is this good battery life for this phone? I cant tell. I come from the droid razr
Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

cyrus41592

Aug 11, 2012
Auburn, AL
I understand the battery anxiety. I try to keep battery as full as possible out of habit (came from a D2G with terrible battery life). Runnin cm10 and just loaded smokey's cpu script to see if it increases battery life but i can usually pull a 15hour charge with decent usage.

yanks4life

Sep 1, 2010
atanag 125.

I get amazing battery life with screen on for about 3 hrs a day , I can get through a full day no problem from 8am to midnight at least and still have a good % left. Don't know why some have so many battery problems.

mdt73

Jul 11, 2011
Clarksville
I spent about 1.5 hours last night trying to decide if I needed an extended battery \ case for the phone... as those guys are getting battery life that makes the Razr Maxx jealous. But, at the end of the day, I have finally found a case I love (UAG in white), and I always have an external New Trent 5000mAh external battery around, so I decided against it. (also because they just make the phone too damn girthy, lol)

droidmark

Oct 13, 2010
On Synergy 1.3, I have AMAZING battery life! Can usually go 2 days between charges if I wanted to...Unplug the phone at 8am and at midnight, I'm rocking 50-60% still, depending on the day.
GSam Battery Monitor can help find apps that are abnormally draining the battery...But I've found that it too can cause the phone to get stuck in a wake lock...So I don't keep it installed, only use it if I have a weird battery drain issue.

What is "stuck in a wake lock" and how do I get out of it? The reason I ask is that the last couple days my battery life has plummeted-- I am mostly on wifi and battery used to go around 20 hr or more; now it's down to about 7 hr. This seems to be due to Android System, which is currently at 87% of battery use. The phone has been unplugged from charger for 3hr 53min and CPU total is 3hr 50 min; Stay awake is 3hr 46 min.

Compare this to my Galaxy Note which has been unplugged 4 hr 28 min. Android System is 4% of battery use. CPU total is 39 sec, Stay awake 6 min 27 sec.

I just installed GSam Battery Monitor on the S3 a few minutes ago and it shows Held Awake at 3hr 33min and number of wake locks 1005 (!) Something would appear to be horribly wrong.

I'm getting pretty good battery life on bean R2 (I easily average 20+hrs). But no matter which ROM I am on, no matter if I'm getting great or poor battery life, I always start to get on edge once I have dropped below 70%. I start to think, damn there goes battery today. I realize I still have 3/4 of my battery remaining but I just feel this anxiety that my phone is not near full charge.

I let it drain to empty a couple times a month but it becomes almost unbearable when I get down to the last 1/3 of my battery life.

Is it just me?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

I'm the exact same way except I start to fret when it gets to about 90% lol and I'm like damn then I look at my battery stats and it says unplugged for 1½ hours and I'm like ah that's not bad cuz it goes by pretty slow after that lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

ooofest

Aug 17, 2011
NY
I used to get nervous with my Incredible when it hit around 70% or so.

Since getting used to the Galaxy S III's battery performance, I only look at the % out of curiosity. I get more "Low Battery" warnings now than ever before, because I run the darn thing so long between charges (i.e., turn it off each evening, use it again the next day, etc. - goes for days and I forget when it was last charged) and my screen time is great.

Only if the kids were playing games for an hour or so do I consciously check my battery. Sometimes.

- ooofest

chimpsnest

Aug 25, 2010
Just got my s3 (came from the TBolt) and am still stock, not-rooted. FWIW I have some pretty great battery life for a "normal" day, which is really a little web surfing and texting and a little Pandora while I'm out on lunch.

4G very strong in my area and I get better service w/this phone than I did w/the 'bolt.

Will eventually be rooting and flashing, just not ready to do so yet :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm getting pretty good battery life on bean R2 (I easily average 20+hrs). But no matter which ROM I am on, no matter if I'm getting great or poor battery life, I always start to get on edge once I have dropped below 70%. I start to think, damn there goes battery today. I realize I still have 3/4 of my battery remaining but I just feel this anxiety that my phone is not near full charge.

I let it drain to empty a couple times a month but it becomes almost unbearable when I get down to the last 1/3 of my battery life.

Is it just me?

sounds like you need to turn off percentages. I had this problem until i turned it off. Now i have to go a few steps further to find out what it actually is and that makes me not care as much.
    Have you tried using an app like GSam Battery Monitor?

I've been able to track down a few issues with that app, including one where I needed to wipe my cache to stop my internal sd card from being continuously scanned.
    Have fun with your new phone and keep a charger on stand by! If you use your phone medium to heavy use you should get to the end of your work day and you can charge it when you get home. Did you get your sd card issue resolved?