Custom GPS Antenna THL W7

Search This thread

Manan79

Aug 16, 2012
OnePlus 8T
I tried the latest update dated 05-march-13, that is also same as earlier , crap... volume doenst work, no gapps, and no camera, and bunch of chinese apps, network 1 bar less , again reverting back to 26 jan ROM.

dragonfly14

Jun 27, 2012
I tried the latest update dated 05-march-13, that is also same as earlier , crap... volume doenst work, no gapps, and no camera, and bunch of chinese apps, network 1 bar less , again reverting back to 26 jan ROM.

im so happy with my real samsung galaxy note 2. i tried building a GPS Antenna out of copper wire, and i was unable to make it function. It would have been nice to get it working because i would have left this phone in my car as a OBD Reader and track recorder, but alas, i cant do the track recording part. i started a chargeback with my credit card company, for the phablet not working 100%.

Now, im using it as a clock. XD

Manan79

Aug 16, 2012
OnePlus 8T
im so happy with my real samsung galaxy note 2. i tried building a GPS Antenna out of copper wire, and i was unable to make it function. It would have been nice to get it working because i would have left this phone in my car as a OBD Reader and track recorder, but alas, i cant do the track recording part. i started a chargeback with my credit card company, for the phablet not working 100%.

Now, im using it as a clock. XD

what do you mean started a chargeback ? are you saying you will get refund and return the phablet ? my gps still never works... should i do that too ? and if i had money to buy unlocked note 2 , why would i go for w7 :) ...bytheway any chance if we can still install custom roms on w7 ? or even CWM

dragonfly14

Jun 27, 2012
what do you mean started a chargeback ? are you saying you will get refund and return the phablet ? my gps still never works... should i do that too ? and if i had money to buy unlocked note 2 , why would i go for w7 :) ...bytheway any chance if we can still install custom roms on w7 ? or even CWM

I am trying to get a refund, yes. I suggest you do the same. gps will never work unless you make a custom antenna that sticks out, like me when I made it work.
why? phone costed me 325$ after shipping and taxes and duty fees. real note 2 costed me 550$ unlocked with bill brand new. 225$ difference between the two but I can do everything with note 2 gps locks to over 20 satellites in under 15 seconds and I can dual view gps and music. custom roms are available. thl w7 no custom rom or kernel. too slow and cant be overclocked. I tried to contact support and they said that the phone was defective and to send it back.... to hong kong. I tried playing games on thl. too slow.

using my note 2 as I type cause thl w7 can only have 3g internet while my note 2 gets 4g lte. thl also lags when I type. very disappointed with it.

dragonfly14

Jun 27, 2012
well, guess what. i checked for the fun of it and there is a new rom on THL Website, based on jelly bean. there are two roms, one for 8th bit S and the other for the other model. i flashed the one for my phone, (S) and GPS sort of works now. im actually able to get a lock. wifi still is broken but before flashing, i must warn.

UNLOCKROOT NO LONGER WORKS for this phone for now.
THERE ARE NO GOOGLE PROGRAMS. google does not work and since i cant root it i cant restore it with titanium backup root

May 7, 2006
indiA
Any news for thl w7 rom update to 4.1 or 4.2 English. I think thl no give any update only reply if any news than we mail you. This statement form Jan 13.

Sent from my ThL W7 using xda app-developers app

May 7, 2006
indiA
I do now I use on my Thl w7 android 4.1.2 with all working functions.
Till not getting any problem. All China apps deleted. To know for go to my page update shortly.

May 7, 2006
indiA
Ya, work all play store, camera, root, recovery cwm 6.
any body gudie me how to I backup my rom and make it update.zip for easy to flash any w7 mobile by cement.

May 7, 2006
indiA
I got this rom from needrom and I modified it deleted all China apps. Add Google apps.

May 7, 2006
indiA
Sent from my ThL W7 using xda app-developers ap uploadfromtaptalk1367212609313.jpgp

May 7, 2006
indiA
Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367228728952.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367228728952.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 130
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367228760666.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367228760666.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 106

Manan79

Aug 16, 2012
OnePlus 8T
I successfully upgraded to 03052013 (S) rom for thl w7 ddual core.... installed custom recovery (CWM) ...flashed root and gapps ...will post the results of phone functionality later.

Manan79

Aug 16, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Everything is so perfect no issues at all... much faster..only GPS doesn't work which never did... so I m happy

Sent from my ThL W7

Manan79

Aug 16, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Does any one know how to modify baseband version in system.IMG file...for me the 4.1 baseband version does not full signal but ICS baseband version used to give all time good signal..I want to keep rom 4.1 but baseband older version...I know it we need to unpack and replace the file in system.IMG but how.

Sent from my ThL W7

miugiee

Apr 24, 2009
hello guys, where I can donwload official rom jellybean 4.2.1 english version (include google apps)for THL w7 quad core version??

I've downloaded 2 official rom for THL w7 quad core version in needrom.com, but its all chinese version (not include google apps)

please help me :crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello.
    I Received a THL W7. it has GPS. the GPS Antenna built in simply does not work and i'd like to have some assistance or help to try to fix my gps issues. so far, i have tries touching a 20CM Long wire to the contacts and it made my GPS work, but i would like to keep it an internal antenna that can still give me a good signal. i am not an antenna designer and from what i've tried, if the antenna goes near the battery or the other antennas (wifi, bluetooth) the signal dies. and if the antenna is outside and away from the phone, i get the best signal possible. how am i supposed to make a good GPS antenna but that is flat and can be hidden behind the cell phone cover?

Thanks for any help.