what would the rout add to this device?? "considering it"

Search This thread

Ahmedmoataz

Jan 27, 2014
What apps is out there to enhance the speed and battery life of the device.....and I mean REAL enhancement not the likes of battery doctor and this ****ty apps

And is there different types of rout or what?

And what about the next update? Would I be able to get it?

And at last what is the best custom rom for the 601?

Sorry guys I am little new to this and thanks in advance.....

Medy89

Jun 30, 2013
What apps is out there to enhance the speed and battery life of the device.....and I mean REAL enhancement not the likes of battery doctor and this ****ty apps

I try to answer every question ... first i think u dont need more speed for the device... its fast :D .. thats no reason for root in this case...
In terms of battery life however you could root to debloat all uneccecary apps like nox or samsung watch on which are constantly running in the background... In my case I dont root for fancy stuff like custom roms.... I like stock and add stuff to it like you would call enhancements...
Titanium backup is great to backup every app... even system apps.... it backs up all even if the app doesnt allow it :D ... and you can freeze or unistall the whole bloatware with it... so your device is clean and you can disable any rouge app draining battery... sure you can also change cpu frequency with programs like set cpu.. but as I said device is fast ... if you want save battery turn power save on :D ... if you try underclockibg further you will probably run into lags... however you can manage cpu frequenzys with tasker .. so u can set frequenzcys for each app individually... but i think its not worth the trouble.. power save mode is enough... so for the next update you probably wont get it on the normal way... need to flash it manually ... probably ... im not sure yet how knox security handles that.... for types of root there are different methods... cf autoroot seems to be the easiest one ... im not sure though if it would work for your device since u have 601 model... if you plan on root make sure your model is supported for the method u choose... last words there is alot of stuff you can add with root...most of it is not worth rooting for... like changing boot animations or icon of your battery .... but if you want full acces or want to get custom roms... some of them save more battery yes... but you kinda loose your stock experience with it.... you can modify your stock experience with the xposed installer while keeping all stuff you like... dobt expect wonders when it comes to performance and battery life when it comes to custom roms:D ... thats all hope icould help ... wrote with a note 2014 edition :D which is not rooted?... yet

Reactions: Ahmedmoataz

Ahmedmoataz

Jan 27, 2014
I try to answer every question ... first i think u dont need more speed for the device... its fast :D .. thats no reason for root in this case...
In terms of battery life however you could root to debloat all uneccecary apps like nox or samsung watch on which are constantly running in the background... In my case I dont root for fancy stuff like custom roms.... I like stock and add stuff to it like you would call enhancements...
Titanium backup is great to backup every app... even system apps.... it backs up all even if the app doesnt allow it :D ... and you can freeze or unistall the whole bloatware with it... so your device is clean and you can disable any rouge app draining battery... sure you can also change cpu frequency with programs like set cpu.. but as I said device is fast ... if you want save battery turn power save on :D ... if you try underclockibg further you will probably run into lags... however you can manage cpu frequenzys with tasker .. so u can set frequenzcys for each app individually... but i think its not worth the trouble.. power save mode is enough... so for the next update you probably wont get it on the normal way... need to flash it manually ... probably ... im not sure yet how knox security handles that.... for types of root there are different methods... cf autoroot seems to be the easiest one ... im not sure though if it would work for your device since u have 601 model... if you plan on root make sure your model is supported for the method u choose... last words there is alot of stuff you can add with root...most of it is not worth rooting for... like changing boot animations or icon of your battery .... but if you want full acces or want to get custom roms... some of them save more battery yes... but you kinda loose your stock experience with it.... you can modify your stock experience with the xposed installer while keeping all stuff you like... dobt expect wonders when it comes to performance and battery life when it comes to custom roms:D ... thats all hope icould help ... wrote with a note 2014 edition :D which is not rooted?... yet

Oooooooooh thaaaaanks bro this must took an effort to explain ??

I already turned of alot of the bloatware without rooting and yeaaah its faaast but faster is always better ??
I guess I am not rooting after I read ur post at least until the kitkat update is here

Thanks again bro...really appreciate it

DeBoX

Jul 26, 2010
Just one more thing, you void the warranty if you root ( at least with the current root options that tripp the security knox fuse, for the time being it's irreversible )

so that might be a small issue to consider

with some luck a knox-safe root solution might pop up...soon...maybe...

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Just one more thing, you void the warranty if you root ( at least with the current root options that tripp the security knox fuse, for the time being it's irreversible )

Not bloody likely, on the Note 3 forum the bounty is at over $3000USD and it is still unclaimed with the likes of chainfire and a couple of other awesome devs giving up as it is seemingly impossible....

Medy89

Jun 30, 2013
Oooooooooh thaaaaanks bro this must took an effort to explain ??

I already turned of alot of the bloatware without rooting and yeaaah its faaast but faster is always better ??
I guess I am not rooting after I read ur post at least until the kitkat update is here

Thanks again bro...really appreciate it

np bro ... give it some time :D ... maybe some risk free root method like framaroot shows up :D ...
until then enjoy ur fast device :D ... I overclocked my old note 10.1 .. but it didnt do much :D ... about 5-10 & more speed ... but thats not noticable in overall performance.... not worth rooting for cpu stuff... you can get some stuff to work with root .. the question is do you need that :D ...
I give u a few examples which come to mind...

recording footage of your device ... for lets plays or stuff
- advanced features for tracking apps :D ... ahaha i have some stuff installed on my dads device :D ... enough said :D
-cpu stuff .. as I said not worth so much
- change behaviour of buttons / customize your navigation and status bar ...
- free some apps of ads
-there are some neet hacking ähm security test apps :D
-change resolution / dpi
-customize in general

I find it most useful for cleaning up samsung bloatware & backup my app data ...
there is tons of small features you can get with root ... but most of it you can get without root too...
if you are bored and your warranty is void sicne 2 years passed ... you should root :D ... just for the sake of it :D ...

Ahmedmoataz

Jan 27, 2014
np bro ... give it some time :D ... maybe some risk free root method like framaroot shows up :D ...
until then enjoy ur fast device :D ... I overclocked my old note 10.1 .. but it didnt do much :D ... about 5-10 & more speed ... but thats not noticable in overall performance.... not worth rooting for cpu stuff... you can get some stuff to work with root .. the question is do you need that :D ...
I give u a few examples which come to mind...

recording footage of your device ... for lets plays or stuff
- advanced features for tracking apps :D ... ahaha i have some stuff installed on my dads device :D ... enough said :D
-cpu stuff .. as I said not worth so much
- change behaviour of buttons / customize your navigation and status bar ...
- free some apps of ads
-there are some neet hacking ähm security test apps :D
-change resolution / dpi
-customize in general

I find it most useful for cleaning up samsung bloatware & backup my app data ...
there is tons of small features you can get with root ... but most of it you can get without root too...
if you are bored and your warranty is void sicne 2 years passed ... you should root :D ... just for the sake of it :D ...

There is not enough words to thank u for ur effort ??
Its not the warranty that I am worried about.....its the fact that its cant be reversed......and unless I run into something really impressive I am gonna wait the kk update

Sorry but I like ur knowledge and I am gonna use u once more....???
Do u have some battery saving tricks? Apps? No root of course

RussellEstridge25

Oct 30, 2011
North Branch
It's impossible to root without tripping Knox. It's s an actual fuse that burns out. Once this is fine, you'd have to physically replace the mother board

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Medy89

Jun 30, 2013
Its not the warranty that I am worried about.....its the fact that its cant be reversed......and unless I run into something really impressive I am gonna wait the kk update

:D np keep asking ... what I do for battery saving is turning power save mode on , using low brightness and let my wifi go on and off automatically ,

I also did some underclocking on my nexus 7 / note 10.1 old model ... but it always comes with increase of lag .... which sucks ... thats why I love power savign on samsung devices .... this underclocks to the excact right level which saves energy but doenst hinder performance..... you dont need more than that.... well for non samsung devices which dont have power save ... this might be useful :D ... samsung does it right without root though... well ofc and before you let your device go on standby .. close all apps with recent apps manager... but thats basic stuff :D ...

these battery saver apps are useful for turn on / off wifi automatically .. or whatever connection u use
I use juice defender on my older devices which have jellybean ... because it has a feature to change color temperature at night .... its very pleasing for the eyes it also saves extra battery on amoled screens i could explain why but that would take too long... I also recommend f.lux which is the original programm on pc ....

for my note 2014 im using "IC commander" which is basicly the same as juice defender without the color temperature feature.... [turns wifi on after I unlock at lockscreen] ofc you can do turn wifi on / off yourself ... but i would hate pushing that button all the time :D... the cool thing is when you have a case with magnet lock ... you just need to close the case and your screen goes off ... and if you have that app wifi goes off too^^ .. no more buttons to press :D ...

check out my youtube channel :D its not about tech stuff but I have 1 video of my both old galaxy note devices in their cases xD
its actually about anime & game movies :D ... maybe its to your liking :D
https://www.youtube.com/user/Medy89

Ahmedmoataz

Jan 27, 2014
:D np keep asking ... what I do for battery saving is turning power save mode on , using low brightness and let my wifi go on and off automatically ,

I also did some underclocking on my nexus 7 / note 10.1 old model ... but it always comes with increase of lag .... which sucks ... thats why I love power savign on samsung devices .... this underclocks to the excact right level which saves energy but doenst hinder performance..... you dont need more than that.... well for non samsung devices which dont have power save ... this might be useful :D ... samsung does it right without root though... well ofc and before you let your device go on standby .. close all apps with recent apps manager... but thats basic stuff :D ...

these battery saver apps are useful for turn on / off wifi automatically .. or whatever connection u use
I use juice defender on my older devices which have jellybean ... because it has a feature to change color temperature at night .... its very pleasing for the eyes it also saves extra battery on amoled screens i could explain why but that would take too long... I also recommend f.lux which is the original programm on pc ....

for my note 2014 im using "IC commander" which is basicly the same as juice defender without the color temperature feature.... [turns wifi on after I unlock at lockscreen] ofc you can do turn wifi on / off yourself ... but i would hate pushing that button all the time :D... the cool thing is when you have a case with magnet lock ... you just need to close the case and your screen goes off ... and if you have that app wifi goes off too^^ .. no more buttons to press :D ...

check out my youtube channel :D its not about tech stuff but I have 1 video of my both old galaxy note devices in their cases xD

Well that is greaaaaaaaat bro I will try it........thanks ??
But why did u switch from juice defender to ic commander? Is it better or what?

Thanks again bro.....u r awesome!!!!
Btw I subscribed to ur chanel......its great ?

Medy89

Jun 30, 2013

Well that is greaaaaaaaat bro I will try it........thanks ??
But why did u switch from juice defender to ic commander? Is it better or what?

Thanks again bro.....u r awesome!!!!
Btw I subscribed to ur chanel......its great ?

just switched because there are no more updates since 2012 or so ... no support for that app anymore ... ic commander is more up to date :D ... juicy defender is going crazy on kitkat having wakelocks ands stuff draining battery :D ... but thats mostly because kitkat update which change so much stuff in the system ... so juice defender doesnt work properly ... it had more than 1 hour wakelocks on the new note 10.1 ... on my old it had only 5-10 min wich is normal ... since it handles wifi.... so yea thats why i dropped it :D on my new note

Ahmedmoataz

Jan 27, 2014
[QRCODE][/QRCODE]
just switched because there are no more updates since 2012 or so ... no support for that app anymore ... ic commander is more up to date :D ... juicy defender is going crazy on kitkat having wakelocks ands stuff draining battery :D ... but thats mostly because kitkat update which change so much stuff in the system ... so juice defender doesnt work properly ... it had more than 1 hour wakelocks on the new note 10.1 ... on my old it had only 5-10 min wich is normal ... since it handles wifi.... so yea thats why i dropped it :D on my new note

U have kitkat on the note 2014??!!
Is it released already?

Medy89

Jun 30, 2013
[QRCODE][/QRCODE]

U have kitkat on the note 2014??!!
Is it released already?

oh no .. mixed that up forgot 4.3 is still jellybean :D
but its coming soon i heard :D ...

I just watched a flash video for 1 min on dolphin browser and my battery dropped 15 % .. wtf is this :D
has someone experienced similiar issues ? only happens with flash plugin ....

Last edited:

Ahmedmoataz

Jan 27, 2014
oh no .. mixed that up forgot 4.3 is still jellybean :D
but its coming soon i heard :D ...

I just watched a flash video for 1 min on dolphin browser and my battery dropped 15 % .. wtf is this :D
has someone experienced similiar issues ? only happens with flash plugin ....

Yea it's flash plugin issue ......I read alot of people complaining about it.....someone was suggesting checking if it's the latest update....try it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.