Screwed [Solved]

Search This thread

DarkDarwin

Apr 7, 2014
Birmingham AL
Hello,
I screwed up while wiping and now my tab only boots to TWRP but wont mount anything.I found a similar case in this forum but Im too unfamilar with ADB/Fastboot to affect a solution.
Is ther a way to partition my tablet from fastboot?
The TF700t is unlocked.
adb and fastboot see the device.
TIA.....

Last edited:

_that

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2012
Hello,
I screwed up while wiping and now my tab only boots to TWRP but wont mount anything.I found a similar case in this forum but Im too unfamilar with ADB/Fastboot to affect a solution.
Is ther a way to partition my tablet from fastboot?
The TF700t is unlocked.
adb and fastboot see the device.
TIA.....

What exactly did you wipe, and how did you screw up? To find out more about your situation, boot to your recovery (which version, btw?) and run these commands:

Code:
adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt
adb shell cat /proc/partitions > partitions.txt

DarkDarwin

Apr 7, 2014
Birmingham AL
What exactly did you wipe, and how did you screw up? To find out more about your situation, boot to your recovery (which version, btw?) and run these commands:

Code:
adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt
adb shell cat /proc/partitions > partitions.txt

Im afraid I wiped everything.I think my mistake was wiping in stock recovery instead of TWRP..thus it only boots to TWRP now.
I tried those commands but my machine was hanging like it was waiting for the device so I am going to uninstall and reinstall the windows drivers and ADB/Fastboot and do the commands again ,Ive been at work since this morning so ive got some honey dos then I can start trying it again.
Thanks so much!

DarkDarwin

Apr 7, 2014
Birmingham AL
When I run the commands as shell I get the ` # <[6n in front of all entries ( I assume thats bc Im booted to recovery not fastboot) and the end result is always "not found" ie: shell not found , adb not found ect....
When I type adb shell sometimes it just hangs, the dmesg command actually writes a file but its an empty file and the terminal just hangs
Im pretty sure if I cant figure out a way to delete this TWRP Im never going to be able to properly use ADB/Fastboot ths never reinstall an OS and decent Recovery..

Last edited:

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
When I run the commands as shell I get the ` # <[6n in front of all entries ( I assume thats bc Im booted to recovery not fastboot) and the end result is always "not found" ie: shell not found , adb not found ect....
When I type adb shell sometimes it just hangs, the dmesg command actually writes a file but its an empty file and the terminal just hangs
Im pretty sure if I cant figure out a way to delete this TWRP Im never going to be able to properly use ADB/Fastboot ths never reinstall an OS and decent Recovery..

So am I correct in saying that you can get to fastboot ?

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
well i can run fastboot and adb commands from my pc but the T700t is in recovery (my only boot choice)
but technically yes I can get to fastboot
No - can you get the tablet into fastboot mode?
Either by holding Power and Volume down when booting up or, in recovery, issue
Code:
adb reboot-bootloader

What do you get with the command
Code:
adb devices
when in recovery, and if you can get into fastboot mode:
Code:
fastboot devices

Also, you still haven't told us which recovery version you are running.

DarkDarwin

Apr 7, 2014
Birmingham AL
Code:
adb reboot-bootloader

Code:
adb devices
Code:
fastboot devices

Thanks for trying to help me yesterday bro!

Reactions: berndblb

DarkDarwin

Apr 7, 2014
Birmingham AL
Yes, Give me a day or so and I will post it in the Q&A section as its own thread :) ...

Thx Josh

I went out and got a bigger SD card (64) to try and implement the DATA2SD script.I think I was successful as I now have new folders there named Android and Data that I didn't have before...However,I wonder if I was supposed to wipe anything before I re-flashed the ROM after inserting the formatted , partitioned SD...
I have to admit the I/O issue is extremely aggravating..I cant believe Asus marred an otherwise excellent device like that.

Last edited:

lvrijn

Feb 22, 2010
I was sent from this topic: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2179759&page=23
To this topic, I also have a similar problem.

Read my comment from last topic:
Ok, when I boot up in android, I can use adb command reboot bootloader to boot in the bootloader.
When i then try fastboot erase system, it's still hangs with waiting for device..
The bootloader is not stuck, i can again boot up android..

it's impossible to open terminal, because the touch is going crazy..

Hmm, i'm trying something else.
I still had 10x tf300 for repair. there are multiple cracked with 5184n version.
I installed the cracked display assembly on this one, then i just can normally use the keyboard.
Will try again in terminal

edit: what command to use in terminal?
Dont forget, i flashed the recovery, but didnt install supersu zip yet..

The strange thing is, when im in the bootloader, i can use fastboot flash recovery command, and write the right recovery.
It's also succesfull (sending recovery OK, writing recovery OK)
But, the transformer hangs in the bootloader after finished (freeze)

When trying to reboot, it's automaticaly going again booting up twrp (enter password)
So it didnt write the recovery, by example if i write twrp 2.7, it still gives me 2.6.3.0 (installed first time)

extra information:
If i'm booted up, and then adb reboot bootloader, then try fastboot commands, they don't work. it keeps saying waiting for devices.., the fastboot commands like flash works for 1 second then the tablet freezes.

So, fastboot commands are not working, how to get the bootloader normal again and that it reads fastboot commands?

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
I was sent from this topic: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2179759&page=23
To this topic, I also have a similar problem.

Read my comment from last topic:

So, fastboot commands are not working, how to get the bootloader normal again and that it reads fastboot commands?

Hey there, I may have a solution, I am very busy right now working on a step by step for a few diff unbricking methods...

Yes this sounds like a windows driver issue.... Let me see if I can find some info on this topic ..

Thx Josh

lvrijn

Feb 22, 2010
Look in Device Manager on your PC and check that the Asus ADB interface drivers are there

Like I already told, I have flashed dozen of transformers. Adb commands are working (like adb reboot boot loader) it works when booted in android and when in twrp (password). Fastboot commands give waiting for device, but fastboor flash recovery works but the transformer then freezes..

After this problem I already have flashed 3transformers correctly.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Hey there, I may have a solution, I am very busy right now working on a step by step for a few diff unbricking methods...

Yes this sounds like a windows driver issue.... Let me see if I can find some info on this topic ..

Thx Josh

Why would it be a windows driver issue? Other transformers I can flash succesfully adb and fastboot fully working

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Like I already told, I have flashed dozen of transformers. Adb commands are working (like adb reboot boot loader) it works when booted in android and when in twrp (password). Fastboot commands give waiting for device, but fastboor flash recovery works but the transformer then freezes..

After this problem I already have flashed 3transformers correctly.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Why would it be a windows driver issue? Other transformers I can flash succesfully adb and fastboot fully working

LOL, looking for help but you know what you got...

WOW

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well i can run fastboot and adb commands from my pc but the T700t is in recovery (my only boot choice)
    but technically yes I can get to fastboot
    Code:
    adb reboot-bootloader

Code:
    adb devices
    Code:
    fastboot devices

We had to use _that's bootit.ko to get it out of recovery into fastboot...

Then it was a flash of the stock Asus blob ...

Got him up and running . :good:

@DarkDarwin can you add SOLVED to the thread title ...

Thx Josh
    Code:
    adb reboot-bootloader

Code:
    adb devices
    Code:
    fastboot devices

Thanks for trying to help me yesterday bro!
    Any chance we could get a step-bystep on that? Pleeeaaase?

Yes, Give me a day or so and I will post it in the Q&A section as its own thread :) ...

Thx Josh
    Wow what a difference DATA2SD and ROM2SD make!:D