[APP] G:RSS - A Google Reader RSS App for Windows Phone 7 (WP7) [U] 20101224 - v0.06

Search This thread

Fmstrat

Aug 3, 2007
I should also point out I'm in the beggining stages of the next release, such as the notification server is now set up. This release will most likely include:

• Even more speed enhancements
  • Live tile
  • Push notifications
  • Adjustable font sizes

Anything else I should put high on the list?

Thanks,
B.

Last edited:

ricky119

Aug 6, 2008
Melbourne
Ricky119.com
Bug:
ALL the Chinese page cannot be displayed correct, i think it should be the page encoding issue since i can view Chinese page in IE
Suggestion;
1. better to have open in extend IE option
2. better to have make as unread
3. The final content page need to adapt to the system theme, always white background
4. better to have "share to Windows Live" or "share to facebook"

Last edited:

Fmstrat

Aug 3, 2007
Bug:
ALL the Chinese page cannot be displayed correct, i think it should be the page encoding issue since i can view Chinese page in IE
Suggestion;
3. The final content page need to adapt to the system theme, always white background

Thanks for the input!

I will check into the character issue. For 1, 3, and 4, I will include in the next version, I may even do a couple of releases so I can get some of the easier stuff out earlier.

As for number 2, there is an icon of an open book that marks unread. It switches to a closed book when unread.

Thanks,
B.

ricky119

Aug 6, 2008
Melbourne
Ricky119.com
As for number 2, there is an icon of an open book that marks unread. It switches to a closed book when unread

Is this the icon with character "U"? if so, the description word was "mark read", should be wrong

5. better to have option to change "show all" to "show update", i mean currently in the root screen, all the feed are displayed, include the no updated feed.
It will be better to have a way only display updated feeds menu

Last edited:

Fmstrat

Aug 3, 2007
Bug:
Suggestion;

As for number 2, there is an icon of an open book that marks unread. It switches to a closed book when unread

Is this the icon with character "U"? if so, the description word was "mark read", should be wrong

5. better to have option to change "show all" to "show update", i mean currently in the root screen, all the feed are displayed, include the no updated feed.
It will be better to have a way only display updated feeds menu

Hi,

Again, thanks for the feedback. I'm submitting a new version tomorrow with the following updates, and I'll post here when it hits the market:

1) Misc. Bug fixes (iframe display issues, characters, etc)
2) Support for international character sets (Surprisingly the WebBrowser object for applications does not support this by default, and I actually had to go in and Unicode each character)
3) More detailed information on the "Mark Read/Unread" text
4) New setting to either "Show all feeds" or "follow the item setting". This covers the request for feeds always being displayed.
5) Added font size settings to customize title and body font sizes.
6) Item Detail screens now follow the theme
7) Article titles now link to the original web page

Thanks,
B.

rhes4

Mar 23, 2008
I love the software but some of the thumbnails/ pictures is not displaying properly. For example most of the pictures from engadget do not show up.

BIG-Stan

Jul 22, 2007
Germany
Hi there!
I just wanted to thank you for the great app and the rapid development. The only thing I have to nitpick right now is the app icon itself... it doesnt really match the metro UI :( Could you change that if possible? I could also make you one if you want me too or dont have time :)

Fmstrat

Aug 3, 2007
appreciate for your quick update, thanks again, I will wait and see the new version coming out

Thanks, the new version was approved and should be in the market for most everyone now:

Changelog:

v0.06
* Misc. bug fixes (iframe display issues, characters, feeds)
* Support for international character sets
* Clarity on "Mark Read/Unread" text
* New setting to only show updated feeds.
* Added font size settings for title and body font sizes.
* Item Detail screens now follow the theme (light/dark)
* Article titles now link to the original web page

I love the software but some of the thumbnails/ pictures is not displaying properly. For example most of the pictures from engadget do not show up.

Which Engadget feed are you subscribed to? Can you post the specific RSS link and I will check it out.

Hi there!
I just wanted to thank you for the great app and the rapid development. The only thing I have to nitpick right now is the app icon itself... it doesnt really match the metro UI :( Could you change that if possible? I could also make you one if you want me too or dont have time :)

While this indirectly addresses your request, the start tile will change once I implement the live tile and notifications. It will eventually show unread counts in a different icon.

Thanks,
B.

fb401

Apr 26, 2006
Philly, PA
www.defconjive.com
Which Engadget feed are you subscribed to? Can you post the specific RSS link and I will check it out.
I can also confirm that pictures don't show up correctly. I subscribe to a craigslist feed that shows pictures for every post on my laptop but none of the pictures show up in G:RSS.

Also, I have 2 suggestions:
1. landscape mode inside of feed entries
2. a "mark all as read" button or long press for each feed

thanks for a super awesome app

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
Awesome application and here are just some suggestions to make it even better.

1. instapaper/twitter/facebook/readitlater support
2. swipe left or right to go back and forth between articles
3. swipe up/down to go to the previous/next feed category
4. mark all as read

Fmstrat

Aug 3, 2007
I can also confirm that pictures don't show up correctly. I subscribe to a craigslist feed that shows pictures for every post on my laptop but none of the pictures show up in G:RSS.

Also, I have 2 suggestions:
1. landscape mode inside of feed entries
2. a "mark all as read" button or long press for each feed

thanks for a super awesome app

Awesome application and here are just some suggestions to make it even better.

1. instapaper/twitter/facebook/readitlater support
2. swipe left or right to go back and forth between articles
3. swipe up/down to go to the previous/next feed category
4. mark all as read

Hey guys,

I'll keep these in mind for the next rounds. As for Mark All As Read, when viewing the list of items, pressing the Book icon (Toggle Read) will mark all read. (Mark All As Read wouldn't fit as the button title)

Thanks,
B.

vangrieg

Jul 30, 2007
Moscow
Wow, great progress!

My first post in this thread was why use Google Reader - now I'm a big fan of that service!

The app is awesome, but Read It Later is a must have feature for me in RSS readers, so I second the request made above. :)

Thanks!

Shahpur.Azizpour

Mar 13, 2008
any chance of getting an option to download full hmtl pages automatically for specific feeds?

read it later is nice, but there are feeds where i want all items to be stored offline as full webpages, cause the rss feed doesn't contain the complete article...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks, but i still canNOT find the G:RSS software in the market, have your submit passed?

I wish it had. As per the above post I resubmitted on the 11th. It's still at the "Testing in Progress" stage. My guess is by today or tomorrow it will be approved, although different testers pass or fail for different things, so we shall see :)

I'll post here and on my site/twitter/facebook when it's ready.

Thanks,
    B.