[Q&A][CM 10.1][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 Questions and Help thread

Search This thread

Skyfallkavu

May 14, 2010
I flashed CM with the 1.14 Hboot and while nothing was broken for me (except lamp, but i think thats universal), I decided to upgrade to the 2.14 Hboot anyway.

Obviously i'm not experienced in any sense, but logically by updating to the RUU, downgrading touch and then wiping system, the only partitions being left were essential firmware, so I figured why not just fastboot flash the 2.14 Hboot file?

Well I did that and everythings fine, I cleared cache after flashing and im back up and running, no issues.

Lodion

Apr 6, 2007
My phone is showing Baseband version: 0.23a.32.09.29_10.128.32.34aL

Did you try fiddling with any of the "test" settings via Dialer code *#*#4636#*#* ?

Same one I'm running... turns out its the same one in the Telstra 3.17 image also. Not sure what happened, but after reflashing that same radio and rebooting.. connected at 3G at first, after 5 minutes changed to 4g. I'm just going to blame Telstra ;)

archie53

Jun 6, 2010
New Jersey
Nah it's off. Only thing syncing is my gmail, and greenify is relied upon pretty heavily for most other apps.

Just took a look at my battery stats and I do see media server at about 9% I'm gonna let it sit idle and see what's going on and if that moves or not, I remember that being a problem a while ago.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

ldzman218

Mar 14, 2011
On the subject of bootlooping, I still can't seem to get any 3.4 kernel-based ROM to work on my phone. The only way in which I did not follow the directions exactly was with the RUU. I tried to run it from a few different computers, windows and linux with wine. It did not work at all with the linux, but in windows 7 and 8, it hung at "sending........" until I removed the plug and it quit. The windows 7 machine (the last one I tried, got up to the sending of the hboot, which seemed to succeed, before hanging at "sending......". I was using the oem cable and a USB 2.0 port. When I look in the hboot screen, I see that it reads as follows:

***Tampered***
***Unlocked***
EVITA PUT SHIP S-OFF RL
CID-11111111
HBOOT-2.14.0000
RADIO-0.17.32.09.12
OpenDSP-v28.1.0.32.0504
eMMC-boot
Nov 26 2012, 18:37:14:-1

Any advice?

Edit: When I performed the failed RUUs, it never wiped my ROM or my recovery, but it does seem to have updated my hboot (I was on 1.09 earlier).

Edit2: The latest RootBox gives me the bootlogo, then crashes during setup and soft reboots repeatedly. Same as before my botched process.

Last edited:

Oogy

Sep 16, 2010
sorry i'm a bit of an htc newb

I am unlocked, s-off..

if i try to run this 3.18 ruu, will it relock the bootloader? will i need to reunlock it?

also, how do you flash twrp from fastboot, i've only ever done it through the goomanager app after i was rooted. (or are you forever rooted once you have s-off and can just install supersu and flash it from a running stock rom?)

ldzman218

Mar 14, 2011
sorry i'm a bit of an htc newb

I am unlocked, s-off..

if i try to run this 3.18 ruu, will it relock the bootloader? will i need to reunlock it?

also, how do you flash twrp from fastboot, i've only ever done it through the goomanager app after i was rooted. (or are you forever rooted once you have s-off and can just install supersu and flash it from a running stock rom?)

On second thought, I think it will. I'm 90% certain. Count on it relocking, won't hurt to be prepared. You can check in the hboot menu (hold down power and volume when turning on.

fastboot flash recovery (name of recovery)

This ROM is rooted.

Last edited:

jacobas92

Dec 21, 2010
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Pixel 7 Pro
On second thought, I think it will. I'm 90% certain. Count on it relocking, won't hurt to be prepared. You can check in the hboot menu (hold down power and volume when turning on.

fastboot flash recovery (name of recovery)

This ROM is rooted.

Running an ruu will not relock bootloader. Relocking is only required if you are s-on.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

ldzman218

Mar 14, 2011
On the subject of bootlooping, I still can't seem to get any 3.4 kernel-based ROM to work on my phone. The only way in which I did not follow the directions exactly was with the RUU. I tried to run it from a few different computers, windows and linux with wine. It did not work at all with the linux, but in windows 7 and 8, it hung at "sending........" until I removed the plug and it quit. The windows 7 machine (the last one I tried, got up to the sending of the hboot, which seemed to succeed, before hanging at "sending......". I was using the oem cable and a USB 2.0 port. When I look in the hboot screen, I see that it reads as follows:

***Tampered***
***Unlocked***
EVITA PUT SHIP S-OFF RL
CID-11111111
HBOOT-2.14.0000
RADIO-0.17.32.09.12
OpenDSP-v28.1.0.32.0504
eMMC-boot

Any advice?

Edit: When I performed the failed RUUs, it never wiped my ROM or my recovery, but it does seem to have updated my hboot (I was on 1.09 earlier).

Edit2: The latest RootBox gives me the bootlogo, then crashes during setup and soft reboots repeatedly. Same as before my botched process.

Success! The RUU worked in a Windows XP sp3 VM. Now it is bootlooping, but at least I see the cyanogenmod logo.

Last edited:

neilfairall

Jan 13, 2007
Massachusetts
Success! The RUU worked in a Windows XP sp3 VM. Now it is bootlooping, but at least I see the cyanogenmod logo.

You have a boot loop after the RUU successfully installed? I have no idea what is going on in that case - my system booted to a standard AT&T ROM setup, after which I shut down, booted to the bootloader, installed recovery and installed the new build.

Here's my version of the bootloader screen, for comparison:

***Unlocked***
EVITA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
CID-11111111
HBOOT-2.14.0000
RADIO-0.24p.32.09.06
OpenDSP-v34.1.0.45.1219
eMMC-boot

I don't have 'TAMPERED' (I flashed a custom hboot for that) and the radio is different from your original post, but that's it.

mayhem85

Jul 26, 2012
i'm looking to a good rom but i cant choose between this or carbon which one is better?

At this point all 3.4 kernel based ROM's are standing at the same position. They have the same issues. You can pretty much pick any one to try and see if it works for you given the current pitfalls. With that being said, the 3.4 ROM's are worth trying. The smoothness will make your body melt like butter on a hot pan.

Reactions: InflatedTitan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Huge thanks to XsMagical. My new Evita motherboard will be here tomorrow :).

Time to get back to work!

-h8

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

The official Build

Cyanogenmod-10.1.png

for the AT&T HTC One XL

Click link here>> Link to Development Thread <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    redLine.png
    call it what you want, alpha, beta, foxtrot, uniform, charlie, kilo.
    It's stable enough to run as a daily driver for enterprise work/email.

"Stable" is relative I suppose but I would not classify this ROM anywhere near stable. Just browse the thread and you will see people missing work because of malfunctioning alarms, bricks, reboots, overheating, poor to no reception, audio issues, bluetooth issues and all the rest. Also to the over-sensitive fanboys on this forum please for goodness sake don't take this the wrong way, I am just as grateful for h8 and the rest of the devs hard work as you are.

The devs have made a massive ongoing effort to bring the ROM to this point but to call it "stable" is a joke. Its a work in progress that's unlikely to ever be finished as our device fades into obscurity with more and more time going into the newer devices.
    Thanks man I appreciate it. But I think I'm gonna have to sit back on this one tho :/ at least until I have a better idea of what I'm getting into...

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

Yeah I was a bit worried but was patient and followed all instruction instructions below (from the CarbonRom thread).

1. Download the 2 files for s-off and place in adb folder.

2. Download the recovery of choice and put in adb folder.

3 (optional) download the remove red text file and put in adb folder.

4. You'll have to downgrade touchscreen if you want to use aosp. Head to original dev sticky to download files from h8rift. Put those in adb folder

1. S-off! Make sure you confirm in bootloader (it usually works easier from a sense rom btw.) 4.2.2 roms need updated adb but it may work.

2. When you ruu, it doesn't touch sdcard. But I would quickly mount and backup your pics and whatnot just in case.

3. Enter fast boot. Run the ruu on the computer. It'll bring you back to 100% stock.

4. Once you up and running, enter fast boot again and send twrp.

5. I recommend to get rid of the ugly ass red text on splash. Follow Liam's thread to rid it.

6. While in fastboot go ahead and downgrade touchscreen following h8rifts instructions.

7. Now you're golden to flash anything you want :thumbup::p

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

I used the RUU from here