** note 2 - n7100 - bootloader guide **

Search This thread

Xavras

Feb 9, 2013
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
Hey, great thread. I think this should be added to post #1:
"One should never attempt to downgrade their bootloader if you're lucky it would just fail in odin but if unlucky you could brick your device and go through a long process of getting it work again.You can only upgrade your bootloader and ND3 is the newest atm (2014.06.24)."

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Androidwizzard

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2013
Missing the latest NE1 = out since at least 1,5 months.... any idea? Thx

To prove the fact:

Last edited:

Androidwizzard

Nov 22, 2013
Here i give you the NE1 BL

DOWNLOAD
(removed: lack of interest)

Last edited:

Androidwizzard

Nov 22, 2013
Last edited:
Reactions: kraigg

gluni

Feb 8, 2013
Hi
I have the N7105XXUFNE3 bootloader according the info app. However i can still not charge while phone is turned off.

Running cm11 4.4.4 on 7105.

Any one with an idea?

Thx

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app

imran_jasper

Jun 11, 2013
Hi. Hope someone can help. I've just changed my bootloader to nd3, hoes through fine but it sticks at the first Samsung screen. Have I bricked it?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk 2

Androidwizzard

Nov 22, 2013
Hi. Hope someone can help. I've just changed my bootloader to nd3, hoes through fine but it sticks at the first Samsung screen. Have I bricked it?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk 2

What was Odin telling you after flashing, succeed 1? Which was your BL before flash?
If your device doesn't start up I assume you failed, so retry in case.
Did you take BL from OP or other?

aakashg12

Feb 15, 2012
Mumbai
Failed flashing md5

Hi,
I am newbie here.
I want to flash custom roms and all have recommended mj5 bootloader ,so I tried flashing md5 bootloader and I get these errors
I am on Stock At&t Rom rooted device
Can anyone help me I get this while flashing md5 bootloader
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> BL_N7100XXUEMJ5_1903221_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> sboot.bin
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> FAIL!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Plz help me!!!!:crying:

devrog17

May 17, 2014
nagpur
Hi,
I am newbie here.
I want to flash custom roms and all have recommended mj5 bootloader ,so I tried flashing md5 bootloader and I get these errors
Can anyone help me I get this while flashing md5 bootloader
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> BL_N7100XXUEMJ5_1903221_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> sboot.bin
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> FAIL!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Plz help me!!!!:crying:
Get the Bootloader for ur device only and check the md5 before flashing....use md5 checker app frm play to do so

T-23lol

Aug 27, 2014
Problem with CWM flash

Hi guys. I have problem with flashing new CWM for my phone. I had stock bootloader mj9 or mk9(not sure) and I have stock Android 4.3 . Now I flashed ND3 bootloader and than I wanted to use philz_touch_6.48.4-n7100.tar.md5. When I attempt to flash that using Odin3.09 It took like 2 minutes to get pass!. Meanwhile it shows just RESTART! When it finally displays pass! my phone is already restarted in android and I dont have philz touch. So I tried it without auto reboot and then reboot it by long press power button but it also starts directly into android. So now I am stuck with stock CWM what was in phone. I checked all MD5s to be sure I have correct file. I am attempting to get Android 4.4 ND3 rom. I also tried to use TWRP but with same result.
I would appreciate your help.
Thank you.

Last edited:

lulaay

Jan 28, 2013
Introduction to the thread
I have the intt. note 2 - n7100 and i had not updated it for a very long time due to laziness of mine and i was still with the stock 4.1.2 stock, rooted , twrp and superSU installed. I recently decided to update my phone to either 4.3/4.4.2 , so i researched a bit and came to know about the bootloader confusion among several note 2 users. i also found out all the information was scattered and consumed a lot of time to grasp all the information . So i decided to make this thread to help other user and save their time.

What is a bootlader?
It is the first piece of code that is excuted and it boots the O.S into the ram.

How to identify ur bootloader version?
One can find bootloader version with this "INFO APP" https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app.info , u will find it under the "OPERATING SYSTEM" option.

How does samsung no the bootloader version?
They are named alphabetically . So nd3 is the newest followed by mj 5 and oldest being the lk6 . Also this is only a random order there are many in between version which have been released , but i am giving a general view

NOW COMES THE IMPORATANT STUFF

There are two types of bootloader for note 2
1-Non-knoxed bootlader- these are bootlader earlier to version mj5 including the mj5 version
2 -Knoxed bootlader- these are the one released after mj5
]

what is knox all about?
It is according to samsung the "latest security feature which protect ur device. basically a normal user should only know that it to keep check on those who modify their device .
the knox has a number counter which gets from default 0*0 to 0*1 if any ony tries to modify their device by either rooting or flashing custom stuff like rom or any custom recovery.

FOR USER UNDER WARRANTY/ OR WHO CARE FOR WARRANTY - should see that they do not upgrade to newer than mj5 otherwise they will have a knoxed bootlader and it will increse the counter if u try to modify it and so ur warranty will be void.

a)Recommended for Touchwis based
- 4.1.2 - whatever stock b.l version u are having is fine
4.3.x - mj5 (to avoid wifi issues plz flash mj5 anything lower than that will cause wifi issues)
4.4.x - mj5 (but u wont be able to charge ur phone will its swithched off){if u want to charge ur phone while its switched off u . have to flash latest nd3 b.l but that will void ur warranty}
b)Recommended for AOKP, CM ,PACMAN , paranoid ..........
4.1.2 , 4.3.x ,4.4.x - mj5 will work with all rom of all verion

FOR USER WHOSE WARRANTY PERIOD IS OVER / OR WHO DO NOT CARE FOR WARRANTY - u can flash any bootloader upto the latest which being the nd3 one.

a)Recommended for touchwis based
4.3.x - mj5 (to avoid wifi issues plz flash mj5 anything lower than that will cause wifi issues)
4.4.x - nd3(if u upgrade to nd3 u wont be able to downgrade to 4.1.2 rom , but u can still install 4.3 based rom)
b)Recommended for AOKP, CM ,PACMAN, paranoid ..........
4.1.2 , 4.3.x ,4.4.x - mj5 will work with all rom of all version

Rcommended recovery - twrp/philz
Always update ur recovery to latest to avoid any issues

plz read all information above carefully i am not in anyway responsible for any damage to ur device. try at ur own risk.

press that thanks button if i helped u with this guide:highfive:​

Hi my bootloader is now mk4 I want to change it to mj5 it's possible

georg3003

Jul 6, 2013
Older BL

Is there the posibility and are there also download links to download and flash older BLs? In case I wish to go back "to the roots".

Now i have DME2 4 or 6 dont know exactly. Can i dump my BL? What do I need for doing this? (As a personal Backup before upgrading ;) )

Thanks George

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction to the thread
    I have the intt. note 2 - n7100 and i had not updated it for a very long time due to laziness of mine and i was still with the stock 4.1.2 stock, rooted , twrp and superSU installed. I recently decided to update my phone to either 4.3/4.4.2 , so i researched a bit and came to know about the bootloader confusion among several note 2 users. i also found out all the information was scattered and consumed a lot of time to grasp all the information . So i decided to make this thread to help other user and save their time.

What is a bootlader?
    It is the first piece of code that is excuted and it boots the O.S into the ram.

One can find bootloader version with this "INFO APP" https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app.info , u will find it under the "OPERATING SYSTEM" option.

How does samsung no the bootloader version?
    They are named alphabetically . So nd3 is the newest followed by mj 5 and oldest being the lk6 . Also this is only a random order there are many in between version which have been released , but i am giving a general view

NOW COMES THE IMPORATANT STUFF

There are two types of bootloader for note 2
    1-Non-knoxed bootlader- these are bootlader earlier to version mj5 including the mj5 version
    2 -Knoxed bootlader- these are the one released after mj5
    ]

what is knox all about?
    It is according to samsung the "latest security feature which protect ur device. basically a normal user should only know that it to keep check on those who modify their device .
    the knox has a number counter which gets from default 0*0 to 0*1 if any ony tries to modify their device by either rooting or flashing custom stuff like rom or any custom recovery.

FOR USER UNDER WARRANTY/ OR WHO CARE FOR WARRANTY - should see that they do not upgrade to newer than mj5 otherwise they will have a knoxed bootlader and it will increse the counter if u try to modify it and so ur warranty will be void.

a)Recommended for Touchwis based
    4.4.x - mj5 (but u wont be able to charge ur phone will its swithched off){if u want to charge ur phone while its switched off u . have to flash latest nd3 b.l but that will void ur warranty}
    b)Recommended for AOKP, CM ,PACMAN , paranoid ..........
    4.1.2 , 4.3.x ,4.4.x - mj5 will work with all rom of all verion

FOR USER WHOSE WARRANTY PERIOD IS OVER / OR WHO DO NOT CARE FOR WARRANTY - u can flash any bootloader upto the latest which being the nd3 one.

a)Recommended for touchwis based
    4.4.x - nd3(if u upgrade to nd3 u wont be able to downgrade to 4.1.2 rom , but u can still install 4.3 based rom)
    b)Recommended for AOKP, CM ,PACMAN, paranoid ..........
    4.1.2 , 4.3.x ,4.4.x - mj5 will work with all rom of all version

Rcommended recovery - twrp/philz
    Always update ur recovery to latest to avoid any issues

plz read all information above carefully i am not in anyway responsible for any damage to ur device. try at ur own risk.

press that thanks button if i helped u with this guide:highfive:​
    Useful links

Useful links-
    1- mj5 bootldoader -
    http://d-h.st/Wvp

2- How to flash bootlader
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46901976&postcount=741

3-Latest nd3 bootlader
    http://d-h.st/TQq

press that thanks button if i helped u finding the links:highfive:​
    reupload the link for bootloader
    8 bootloaders available here -> LINK
    Just go to settings>device info and look for build no. the last 2 alphabet and the followed no. tells u about the bootloader version. it could be lk6 or mj5 or nd3 or any thing else.

That's not the right info,one cannot know what bootloader they are on from about device menu.The build # you mentioned is the Firmware of the OS they are on.For bootloader info one needs to download phone info app samsung from playstore and in there one can check their bootloader version under "bootloader".
    Just go to settings>device info and look for build no. the last 2 alphabet and the followed no. tells u about the bootloader version. it could be lk6 or mj5 or nd3 or any thing else.

This information is wrong?

the last 2 numbers of the build number is not the bootloader.

Im on MJ5 bootloader and the build number is "ND3".

WmnW63L.png

edit: looks like singhpratik87 beat me to it