unroot without loosing anything on my phone

Search This thread

sillyshyme

Sep 16, 2009
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I want to be able to unroot but not have to reinstall all apps (with no data) and the phone settings returning to default I want to be able to just unroot without erase anything how can this be possible?

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Why do you want to unroot? What do you want to ultimately achieve. Removing root to use a banking app is one thing. Returning to stock to receive ota updates is another.

Please give as much detail and reasoning as possible

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
I want to be able to unroot but not have to reinstall all apps (with no data) and the phone settings returning to default I want to be able to just unroot without erase anything how can this be possible?

Go to settings in the superuser app and at the bottom it says "full unroot". And then factory reset is in order to make the phone go back to default with no apps on it.

sillyshyme

Sep 16, 2009
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Some apps such as tivo or watch ABC or FOX or HBO will not work. Amazon prime movies also.
unless their are a way to bypass this trick?

Why do you want to unroot? What do you want to ultimately achieve. Removing root to use a banking app is one thing. Returning to stock to receive ota updates is another.

Please give as much detail and reasoning as possible

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Some apps such as tivo or watch ABC or FOX or HBO will not work. Amazon prime movies also.
unless their are a way to bypass this trick?

In which case as mentioned by the others, you can unroot via superuser apps.

Although there are tricks/apps to hide root from these apps too. Have a look around the android apps forum on xda

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.