Is my warranty voided?

Search This thread

MienTommy

Nov 25, 2011
My phone autoupdated from 4.2.2 to 4.3 while it was rooted with activeroot. Now whenever I turn on my phone, I get the custom lock symbol whenever I reboot and my system status says "custom". However, when I boot into download mode, my knox warranty is still at 0x0. I need to send my phone in for warranty because I just received my replacement.

It says:

Odin Mode
Product Name: SGH-I537
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom
Knox Kernel Lock: 0x0
Knox Warranty Void: 0x0
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
Write Protection: Enable
eMMC Burst Mode enabled

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5657508

My phone autoupdated from 4.2.2 to 4.3 while it was rooted with activeroot. Now whenever I turn on my phone, I get the custom lock symbol whenever I reboot and my system status says "custom". However, when I boot into download mode, my knox warranty is still at 0x0. I need to send my phone in for warranty because I just received my replacement.

It says:

Odin Mode
Product Name: SGH-I537
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom
Knox Kernel Lock: 0x0
Knox Warranty Void: 0x0
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
Write Protection: Enable
eMMC Burst Mode enabled

If you sent it back to Samsung the way it is now they would know it's been rooted therefore they would consider your warranty void. You can un-root it by reinstalling the stock firmware and using triangle away, which will cost you like $3.

MienTommy

Nov 25, 2011
If you sent it back to Samsung the way it is now they would know it's been rooted therefore they would consider your warranty void. You can un-root it by reinstalling the stock firmware and using triangle away, which will cost you like $3.

I am trying to reinstall the stock firmware, but since I have 4.3 on it, it won't let me go back to 4.2.2