[Q] Bricked (Stuck) Kindle Fire 6.3.2

Search This thread

Kaydiddy

Nov 21, 2013
Stuck in an endless loop

I have installed the Hashcode bootloader for the KF, and have sideloaded cm-11-20140708-SNAPSHOT-M8-otter and gapps-kk-20140606-signed using Super ADB Tool. (see the attachment.) When I try to flash the zips I get an error message (attachment 2). I cannot get past this and do know have a clue as to what to do. Using KFU I can see the device but ADB status is listed as "Online", while bootloader status is "Unknown". I sure could use some help.

Attachments

• DSC02443.JPG
    DSC02443.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC02444.JPG
    DSC02444.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 15

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
I have installed the Hashcode bootloader for the KF, and have sideloaded cm-11-20140708-SNAPSHOT-M8-otter and gapps-kk-20140606-signed using Super ADB Tool. (see the attachment.) When I try to flash the zips I get an error message (attachment 2). I cannot get past this and do know have a clue as to what to do. Using KFU I can see the device but ADB status is listed as "Online", while bootloader status is "Unknown". I sure could use some help.
KFU doesn't really work well once FFF and TWRP are installed
did you verify md5 checksum for rom and gapps after downloading, md5 is posted on download page
which bootloader does it say when booting?

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

have you watched?
How to install CM10.1 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 on the Kindle fire
http://youtu.be/3WHAOQeq4O0
steps will be the same ,just need Twrp 2.6.3.0 or newer

Reactions: Kaydiddy

Kaydiddy

Nov 21, 2013
did you verify md5 checksum for rom and gapps after downloading, md5 is posted on download page

It says the active bootloader is OtterX. I just powered on the kindle and took a snapshot of the screen:

Attachments

• DSC02446.JPG
    DSC02446.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 15

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire

Kaydiddy

Nov 21, 2013
Works up to a point

Let me say first that video is absolutely flawless, it is very well made and informative and it is easy to see what you're doing. I also subscribed. I followed it to the letter and got the same results as you up to the point where you had adb folder with the new entries in it. The problem now is that the sd card in my kindle will not load. I can use Super ADB Tool to place zips on the card with no problem, and in the command prompt I see it as a device in recovery.

1.But issuing the next command to flash the twrp recovery.img it hangs up, saying "waiting for device". The sd card won't mount in recovery and the dialog box you see doesn't come up for mine.
2.When I do place zips on the sd card and then try to flash them I will get the error message "e:mount: unable to find partition for path '/\sdcard\()\update.zip kindle fire".
3. Connecting with a usb cable, the Kindle doesn't appear as the usual removable device G: drive, it doesn't appear at all as a drive, even though it appears as a device connected to the computer. So the problem now appears to be with the sd card itself I guess.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

have you watched?
    How to install CM10.1 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 on the Kindle fire
    http://youtu.be/3WHAOQeq4O0
    steps will be the same ,just need Twrp 2.6.3.0 or newer