Weather Widget That does what Im looking for.

Search This thread

idle0095

Dec 15, 2006
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
I want a weather widget that has videos playing in the widget that show the condition of the weather. Kind of like the Samsung or LG weather widgets. I know Yahoo Weather does static images but I want Video. Is there any type like this that will work with any launcher. IE Nova???

v1tesse

Nov 6, 2013
I haven't come across exactly what you are looking for.

What I suggest, however, is using live weather wallpapers. They serve the same purpose that you want but in a slightly different way.
Here are a few examples:
Weather Wallpaper by yitiaocailHM
Weather Screen by Hamster Beat - it's not free though
Animated Weather Widget, Clock by Mobilityflow Publishing - they list animated widgets under features in development

Unfortunately I can't provide links as I haven't reached my 10 post limit yet.

Vitesse.

idle0095

Dec 15, 2006
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
I haven't come across exactly what you are looking for.

What I suggest, however, is using live weather wallpapers. They serve the same purpose that you want but in a slightly different way.
Here are a few examples:
Weather Wallpaper by yitiaocailHM
Weather Screen by Hamster Beat - it's not free though
Animated Weather Widget, Clock by Mobilityflow Publishing - they list animated widgets under features in development

Unfortunately I can't provide links as I haven't reached my 10 post limit yet.

Vitesse.

Hasnt had a update since July 2013. I don't think any future updates are coming.

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
I want a weather widget that has videos playing in the widget that show the condition of the weather. Kind of like the Samsung or LG weather widgets. I know Yahoo Weather does static images but I want Video. Is there any type like this that will work with any launcher. IE Nova???

What phone do you have and what android version.. Might help you get some answers..

TakamineSubasa

Sep 4, 2011
What phone do you have and what android version.. Might help you get some answers..

In his case (as in my case too), phone/android version is irrelevant because we want a weather widget for a 3rd party launcher and NOT for a propierary launcher with a propietary dependant weather widget (like samsung weather widget, or xperia weather widgets that are only compatible with their propietary launchers...)

Anyway... answering myself, i've found two widgets that does exactly what we want, but they can be very laggy without a potent phone

--> FineWeather Widget
--> Animated Weather Widgets

Both in play store