[Q] Best Earphones(In Ear) for Bass + Sound Quality

Search This thread

fade2black101

Jun 18, 2006
North London
I already posted above the link to my review: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2671888 - full android controls including vol +/-. And it got bass!!!!!

Thanks for the link.

The price seems too cheap to be really good though, and I was looking to spend more. Will have a read through the review though and the first few sentences intrigue me. I have a few questions though..

How do they compare to the BlueBuds X?

How do they compare to the stock HTC One earphones?

Will any of the comply foam tips fit with these?

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Thanks for the link.

The price seems too cheap to be really good though, and I was looking to spend more. Will have a read through the review though and the first few sentences intrigue me. I have a few questions though..

How do they compare to the BlueBuds X?

How do they compare to the stock HTC One earphones?

Will any of the comply foam tips fit with these?

BBX is wireless - bluetooth compresses the sound, in comparison to pistons - BBX will sound a bit veiled and narrow

Have no idea about stock HTC One, this is Note 2 accessories section so we all got N2s ;) If yours came with HTC Beats, they might be ok, but in general Beats make their bass bloated and with recessed mids.

Comply will work with anything, probably T400 or T500 since tip is wide. Personally, they work better with sony hybrid tips (a lot of ebay "hybrid" tips out there. i ordered one for $0.99, will update pistons review once I get it).

There are a lot of other great choices, but more expensive. If you like bass and nice balanced sound with great vocal clarity, I'm in a process of reviewing Beyerdynamic new line of IEMs. MMX 102ie has in line remote but no volume, while DX 160ie without remote but slightly better bass. Both have amazing clarity and dynamic sound. Each one around $100. Both of the reviews should be up later tonight if I finish it. I post all my reviews in General Accessories section of XDA where my Index page (link in the sig) is a sticky. Subscribe to it or visit that section not to miss all the reviews!

fade2black101

Jun 18, 2006
North London
BBX is wireless - bluetooth compresses the sound, in comparison to pistons - BBX will sound a bit veiled and narrow

Have no idea about stock HTC One, this is Note 2 accessories section so we all got N2s ;) If yours came with HTC Beats, they might be ok, but in general Beats make their bass bloated and with recessed mids.

Comply will work with anything, probably T400 or T500 since tip is wide. Personally, they work better with sony hybrid tips (a lot of ebay "hybrid" tips out there. i ordered one for $0.99, will update pistons review once I get it).

There are a lot of other great choices, but more expensive. If you like bass and nice balanced sound with great vocal clarity, I'm in a process of reviewing Beyerdynamic new line of IEMs. MMX 102ie has in line remote but no volume, while DX 160ie without remote but slightly better bass. Both have amazing clarity and dynamic sound. Each one around $100. Both of the reviews should be up later tonight if I finish it. I post all my reviews in General Accessories section of XDA where my Index page (link in the sig) is a sticky. Subscribe to it or visit that section not to miss all the reviews!

Thanks for your reply.

The reason I asked is because those are the two earphones I'm currently using so was looking to see how these ones compare to it. The HTC One actually came with HTC buds which, in my opinion, are a little better than the Urbeats the HTC Sensation XE came with. The Bass is indeed much more prominent than the mids though! Ended up ordering them based on your review so I'll be looking forward to testing them out. Since I'm in the UK though it will probably take a little while to ship here. Will take a look at those Sony tips as I really want a foam type bud.

How do they compare to the MMX 102ie you are currently testing out?

Cheers

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Thanks for your reply.

The reason I asked is because those are the two earphones I'm currently using so was looking to see how these ones compare to it. The HTC One actually came with HTC buds which, in my opinion, are a little better than the Urbeats the HTC Sensation XE came with. The Bass is indeed much more prominent than the mids though! Ended up ordering them based on your review so I'll be looking forward to testing them out. Since I'm in the UK though it will probably take a little while to ship here. Will take a look at those Sony tips as I really want a foam type bud.

How do they compare to the MMX 102ie you are currently testing out?

Cheers

MMX 102ie beats them in sound quality. If you need to use in-line remote (minus volume control), I would recommend this one. If you are OK without in-line remote - DX 160ie has audiophile quality sound (perfectly balanced, super detailed, and powerful bass extension).

fade2black101

Jun 18, 2006
North London
MMX 102ie beats them in sound quality. If you need to use in-line remote (minus volume control), I would recommend this one. If you are OK without in-line remote - DX 160ie has audiophile quality sound (perfectly balanced, super detailed, and powerful bass extension).
Well I ended up ordering the Xiaomi ones so hopefully there isn't a great big quality gap between that and the MMX :)

Ify2gen2

Jul 7, 2013
Lagos
Guyz, thought I should share this

While searching for this earpiece xiaomi piston II, I found out there r lot of fakes out there. Here r some picture comparison guide in getting and knowing the orginal ones
Also, the fakes are way 2 cheap

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1396728357435.jpg
    1396728357435.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: vectron

Ify2gen2

Jul 7, 2013
Lagos
Dont know y I cnt get 2 more than 1 file at once

Attachments

• 1396729008123.jpg
    1396729008123.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 47

Ify2gen2

Jul 7, 2013
Lagos
Sorry for tje inconveniences

Attachments

• 1396729208796.jpg
    1396729208796.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 66

Ify2gen2

Jul 7, 2013
Lagos
Last 1

Attachments

• 1396729492047.jpg
    1396729492047.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 118

Ify2gen2

Jul 7, 2013
Lagos
I can't get to upload more than one file at a time and I don't know why?

pocphoenix

Mar 28, 2008
Shure for sure

best earbud i listen : shure se535. no best than this one. so finaly i bought them :laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I´m not an audiophile and I´ve been using the bundled earphones since day one.
    I think that the Note2 sound quality with these earphones is really good (the rom I use also has a lot of sound tweaks).
    Do you think that the sound quality will notoriously improve using other (better) in-ear headphones? (they must be in-ear).

The sound will improve exponentially!!!!!!

Btw, you guys have to check out these $25 in-ear headphones, I just reviewed here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2671888 - you definitely get a pumping bass, decent clear sound, and full Android control including volume!!! I still can't get over it. After I received it a few days ago.
    Thanks for all the suggestions everyone , I ended up getting the Meelec M-Duo and these are some solid earphones, modded some of the audio on the note 2 and its gives great bass that shakes my ears and I can still hear the song clearly, solid purchase! Thanks vectron for the tip !
    Guyz, thought I should share this

While searching for this earpiece xiaomi piston II, I found out there r lot of fakes out there. Here r some picture comparison guide in getting and knowing the orginal ones
    Also, the fakes are way 2 cheap