Originally Posted by sytzeng
As I recall, last time I tried, it can't find my E988 through USB.
I did install driver before I connected the phone.
Any other setting required?
As I told you, you need to be on download mode. Follow these steps:
1) Pull out the battery. Your phone will be turned off
2) Insert the battery but the phone shoud stay turned off. Plug usb cable to the phone but not to the pc
3) While the phone is off and battery is in, press both volume up and down buttons together (Do it with your single hand)
4) While you are pressing the buttons with your hand, plug the usb cable to the pc with your other hand.
5) You should see phone gets into download mode (DOWNLAD will be written on the screen)
6) Now the pc should recognize the phone.
7) Open LG Mobile Support Tool
8) You should be able to see that it recognizes the phone. If it doesn't, repeat the first 4 steps when LG mobile support tool is open.
9) After your phone is seen by the pc, choose Upgrade Recovery from Options.
10) It will check the FW from internet by using the imei Number of the phone or you can enter E988 and your serial number manually
11) Then it will download the FW and recover your phone. It will take time according your connection speed.
Sent from my LG-E986 using Tapatalk 2