[UNLOCK] Unlocked bootloader

Search This thread

zaydaboss

Feb 22, 2011
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7
unless you nowhere near a pc with a working internet connection, are you just lazy? either to read aokp first post or to get the apks from a rom zip yourself and push them to your prime? you do realize you're talking about apps in a BOOTLOADER thread, and perhaps that one doesn't have anything to do with the other?

@zaydaboss, did you read ANYTHING on this thread?? dont you think if an alternate way had been found, that everybody wouldn't be using THAT instead? with all the issues this fake ass bootloader unlocker tool-that-doesnt-even-let-us-use-nvflash is bringing?

Sent from my TF201

I guess you told me. Cap locks and all. Was a simple question to confirm that I hadn't overlooked the option.

julien.me

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
I was really hoping to put a custom ROM to make this tablet faster (CM9 for example ...) but unfortunately, I cannot unlock this bootloader as I always get the "unknown error", I've had my s/n as unknow, then ffixed it with ratchet and then RMA but still cannot get OTA or unlock the damn tablet ....
*SIGH*

duy_ctytvxdkg

Jun 1, 2007
I guess you told me. Cap locks and all. Was a simple question to confirm that I hadn't overlooked the option.

@ zaydaboss: the same issue with you :( if you find out something, PM me!

@All: Don't know what happen, I've unlock, downgrade 2 ones already. But with this new one, always receive this error.

Last edited:

JuNyA8971

Jul 11, 2011
Yokosuka
Just curious if there are other ways to unlock the bootloader on TF201. I had previously unlocked mine until I broke it. Sent it for repairs and it got fixed but I can't unlock with the official unlock tool.

Sent from my SC-05D using Tapatalk 2

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
Just curious if there are other ways to unlock the bootloader on TF201. I had previously unlocked mine until I broke it. Sent it for repairs and it got fixed but I can't unlock with the official unlock tool.

As of now, no. I'm not sure if anyone is even still bothering to work on an unlock that doesn't involve the Asus tool...haven't seen anything if they are.

urboy4mbx

Oct 13, 2010
New York

Did you sent it to Asus? or paid someone to do it?

I am asking since the warranty was voided after unlocking.

Shiftlock

Jul 24, 2008
www.muppet-modding.com
i dont know a whole l about hacking or even the prime in general because i just got it a week ago but i was thinking that since the asus blob is what breaks the bootloader maybe the key to unlocking it could be held in the blob. perhaps there is some kind of update in the blob for the bootloader and it would need nvflash access to update. its just a suggestion and i really could be way off base because im not sure how that all works yet.

JuNyA8971

Jul 11, 2011
Yokosuka
I bought my Prime and it came with HC. So I decided I would try ICS from a different sku which was the US version(mine was on JP version of HC). I also flashed CWM after unlocking on ICS. Only downfall was I couldn't use my JP keyboard dock anymore. So I decided I would try and downgrade so I downloaded the US version of HC and flashed using the blob method, it flashed but kept going into a ASUS logo bootloop and no access to recovery. I figured I would get it fixed even if there was a fee so I took my tablet to the store and they sent it to ASUS for repairs. One month later I got my Prime back and was told the motherboard and battery were faulty so they replaced those parts under warranty. I am thinking that since I previously unlocked my Prime I am not able to do it again. Wish I can find a way to unlock it since there is more you can do with tjis tablet unlocked.

ssamuel82

Sep 9, 2010
has anyone found a way to unlock .28 yet? i keep getting the unkown error when i use the asus tool like others have mentioned earlier.

bASKOU

Mar 4, 2012
Nîmes

This don't do a thing, it's only that you are a lucky one who can unlock your device. I am rooted with a fresh install of .28 but can't get my tab to be rooted. I have a different error than everybody I see.

It say:

Failed to root your device, please try again later​

Guess I'll have to be patient and modify manually my system, but this is a real pain in the ass without even can do a nandroid backup in case something goes wrong.

Why everything not as easy as for HTC devices? If it keep this way I'll fast trade my tab as soon as a competitor make a quad core android tab, and will never comeback to ASUS BS!

lt thistle

Nov 10, 2011
I have unlocked mine in the last couple of days on .28, it worked fine. I haven't had to send it in for rma, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

ssamuel82

Sep 9, 2010
I'm still having no luck. Can root fine but always get an error when i try to unlock. I did have mine RMA'd so maybe that is the problem, dunno what to do about that though.

Reactions: Parastie

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
Bone stock, unlocked easy on .28.

Edit: Never sent my device to RMA.

Sent from my tf201

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did not create "it", but the unlock tool is here: link

I am really looking forward to the first ROMs :)
    I just read the other threads (I should have before asking --lol) and I've come to the conclusion that right now, at least for me, it's not worth unlocking yet. Here are my reasons:

1. There are zero development on the Prime as of now, so why unlock besides to void warranty?
    2. If you do unlock and knock-on-wood something happens to your Prime before we get CM9 or other roms, what do you do?
    3. Unless you're a dev or someone who is fairly knowledgeable/confident in your rom-development skills, what are you going to do with your unlocked Prime?

Are there any advantages I'm missing? I'm not sure if anyone agrees with me, but that's how I feel right now. Note that I am not at all gun shy about dumping my warranty for the real good stuff. Like many here, all Android phones I've ever owned, including my entire family's Android phones and tablets (also my other tablet --a Xoom) are rooted with custom roms and recoveries.

I advised those who don't develop or don't know much about rooting to not try this. There are just too many "what-ifs" against this method. For example, what if someone comes up with a way to unlock that doesn't go through Asus? By some miracle, if that happens, everyone who uses Asus' unlock will have a very iffy device with no warranty coverage whatsoever. Just a thought.
    I just read the other threads (I should have before asking --lol) and I've come to the conclusion that right now, at least for me, it's not worth unlocking yet. Here are my reasons:

1. There are zero development on the Prime as of now, so why unlock besides to void warranty?
    2. If you do unlock and knock-on-wood something happens to your Prime before we get CM9 or other roms, what do you do?
    3. Unless you're a dev or someone who is fairly knowledgeable/confident in your rom-development skills, what are you going to do with your unlocked Prime?

Are there any advantages I'm missing? I'm not sure if anyone agrees with me, but that's how I feel right now. Note that I am not at all gun shy about dumping my warranty for the real good stuff. Like many here, all Android phones I've ever owned, including my entire family's Android phones and tablets (also my other tablet --a Xoom) are rooted with custom roms and recoveries.

I advised those who don't develop or don't know much about rooting to not try this. There are just too many "what-ifs" against this method. For example, what if someone comes up with a way to unlock that doesn't go through Asus? By some miracle, if that happens, everyone who uses Asus' unlock will have a very iffy device with no warranty coverage whatsoever. Just a thought.

Right this minute, it's not necessary to unlock. However, my guess is that in less than a day we'll have a ClockworkMod version for the prime and you will need an unlocked bootloader to utilize it. This will allow you to make a full backup of your device (stock) and have a good backup plan should you run into issues in the future with an OTA, etc. The roms will be coming very soon. :)
    If you look at the warranty it does not even cover software, so its beyond me why it voids the warranty, I'm going to take it up with trading standards.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium App
    Where did i find the serial and how can i change it? I Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium