[RECOVERY][TWRP] TeamWin v2.X (2.2 - July 11th)

Search This thread

jefbal99

Aug 26, 2010
I know those errors ...

1. FIXED !

2. This is because of the fix of Roach2010 which prevents the recovery bootloop. Because of this, recovery boot flags are cleared before the recovery system itself even boots up.

Another update :

OpenRecovery script DOES work, but GooManager fails to pass the correct "reboot to recovery" command to our devices. This is only fixable in the app's source code ... sadly .

What I'm trying to do now is to hide the "boot" partition from backing up.

FIXED FILE MANAGER ATTACHED

The TeamWin git is public, if you can code a fix, submit it form approval and help move the project along :)

I also pinged Dees_Troy on twitter to take a look at this thread.

Last edited:

MC153

Apr 11, 2012
Northern, Utah
Will my CWM Nandroid backups work with this? I've heard that it does and it doesn't.

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk 2

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC

RaymanFX

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 8, 2011
Hannover
Quick update :

I talked back to Dees_Troy,

I hope I can convince him to modify the TWRP source a bit to support our TF's even better.
Also, he will maybe help me with hosting the recovery, and with OpenRecovery script (I explained the problem, he said we may talk to the devs of GooManager to include a separate 'reboot-recovery' command, specially for the Transformer)

Great fixes and stuff incoming !
He also announced he will drop the 2.2 source soon, so I will upgrade the recovery immediately after he pushes out the new version :)

Stay tuned folks !

frost866

Nov 3, 2010
GTA
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
this is a huge work you have done bro. I was waiting for this. I talked to teamwin guys so many time if they have plan to make it work on tf101, but could not get any good answer, and now you did it bro. thanks a lot:good:

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Quick update :

I hope I can convince him to modify the TWRP source a bit to support our TF's even better.
Also, he will maybe help me with hosting the recovery, and with OpenRecovery script (I explained the problem, he said we may talk to the devs of GooManager to include a separate 'reboot-recovery' command, specially for the Transformer)

He also announced he will drop the 2.2 source soon, so I will upgrade the recovery immediately after he pushes out the new version :)

Stay tuned folks !

All sorts of exciting!

Now with the JB Sauce dropping as well...

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-building/XBYeD-bhk1o

Want my TF back from repair dammit...

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

this is a huge work you have done bro. I was waiting for this. I talked to teamwin guys so many time if they have plan to make it work on tf101, but could not get any good answer, and now you did it bro. thanks a lot:good:

Im sure they talked to him because he did most of the "porting" work for them already :D

bkmo

Jun 25, 2008
10° 5' 59" North, 84° 16' 84" West
Sorry....had theme troubles but eventually figured they had to go in /data/media/TWRP/theme.
It is hard to find 1280x800 themes though. Or maybe they should be 1280x720. 1024x768 does work but does not fill the screen.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

Last edited:

cdshepherd

May 16, 2011
Thank you so much for this, now my tf101 and my skyrocket are rocking twrp:D

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk 2

jjdavola

Jun 13, 2009
I know those errors ...

1. FIXED !

2. This is because of the fix of Roach2010 which prevents the recovery bootloop. Because of this, recovery boot flags are cleared before the recovery system itself even boots up.

Another update :

OpenRecovery script DOES work, but GooManager fails to pass the correct "reboot to recovery" command to our devices. This is only fixable in the app's source code ... sadly .

Thanks for this! I've used this on my TouchPad and it works great! Now for the dopey question, do I need to flash the zip in the 2nd post and the file fix zip or just the file fix? :eek:

RaymanFX

Jan 8, 2011
Hannover
v2.1.8 final version coming today (if all goes well)

Thanks! I didn't realize that the file in the 2nd post already included the fix, although the fix file is larger.:confused:

Oh, I am dumb. Sorry.

Of course, the file in the op doesn't include the fix, even if it is a very tiny one and does hardly affect anything.

I fixed most things and will upload the final 2.1.8 today if everything goes well.

EDIT :

Faced some smaller bugs, will resolve them asap.
Pre-Final version is delayed until tomorrow, but then I'll get it finished and working even better !

Last edited:

prakash99

Oct 18, 2010
Okay, so I flashed it ... and my transformer still keeps booting into CWM Recovery no matter how many times I flash it.

And also, the tablet keeps rebooting into recovery even after selecting reboot system in CWM Recovery. The only way I can get it to boot into system is by holding power and volume down button.

RaymanFX

Jan 8, 2011
Hannover
Okay, so I flashed it ... and my transformer still keeps booting into CWM Recovery no matter how many times I flash it.

And also, the tablet keeps rebooting into recovery even after selecting reboot system in CWM Recovery. The only way I can get it to boot into system is by holding power and volume down button.

Please flash the zip file from my op, or wait until tomorrow, when the pre-final is out ...
Then there will be *no* issues with flashing, guaranteed :)

gdeeble

Oct 8, 2011
I know those errors ...

1. FIXED !

Another update :

Is there a reason to hide the boot partition? I think it would be helpful to have so if you go from 1 rom to the other. That was one of my qualms with Team Rogue, is if I saved a different OS, changed, then went back, I'd have to have the kernel to reflash, which is rather annoying, IMHO.

RaymanFX

Jan 8, 2011
Hannover
Is there a reason to hide the boot partition? I think it would be helpful to have so if you go from 1 rom to the other. That was one of my qualms with Team Rogue, is if I saved a different OS, changed, then went back, I'd have to have the kernel to reflash, which is rather annoying, IMHO.

Problem is, we have no block device which stores the boot partition, or atlest no knowledge about it. Same goes for recovery partition, that's why the sizes are displayed as 0b and will cause backup to fail. So I will rather remove it.

Dees_Troy talked to me, he said he will drop 2.2 sources tomorrow, so I will upgrade asap and pre-final version will be 2.2, including an onscreen keyboard and inbuilt terminal emulator !

hanthesolo

Jan 23, 2012
Problem is, we have no block device which stores the boot partition, or atlest no knowledge about it. Same goes for recovery partition, that's why the sizes are displayed as 0b and will cause backup to fail. So I will rather remove it.

Dees_Troy talked to me, he said he will drop 2.2 sources tomorrow, so I will upgrade asap and pre-final version will be 2.2, including an onscreen keyboard and inbuilt terminal emulator !

yessss!! Finally, my dream has come true! This will be am AWESOME feature to have in ANY recovery. This now makes this my must-have recovery come hell or high-water :).

RaymanFX

Jan 8, 2011
Hannover
2.1.8 FINAL Version is out !

This is fully fixed, but see the changelog yourself ... (taken from op)

v2.1.8 FINAL

• Fixed the 'free disk space' shown on backup tab. Now it displays always the correct size which is left for backups, either internal or external storage. Both do fully work now.
  • Fixed the *EXTERNAL* storage automount, when you change your storage paths (mount->change radio buttons), while clicking the 'using external sdcard', the external MicroSD gets automounted. It gets auto-unmounted again when hitting 'using internal storage'
  • Fixed the boot partition backup system. Since we cannot backup /boot , I excluded this partition from the whole nandroid system. The button in the backup tab is gone now, so no choice to fail at backing up anymore !

The only thing left to say is, you do have to navigate to /data/media manually when installing from the internal storage for the first time. After that, TWRP will save your settings and automatically take you there the next time you reboot into recovery.

I will port 2.2 asap when source drops. *Fingers crossed & eagerly waiting*

kay_kiat88

Dec 19, 2010
2.1.8 FINAL Version is out !

This is fully fixed, but see the changelog yourself ... (taken from op)

The only thing left to say is, you do have to navigate to /data/media manu!lly when installing from the internal storage for the first time. After that, TWRP will save your settings and automatically take you there the next time you reboot into recovery.

I will port 2.2 asap when source drops. *Fingers crossed & eagerly waiting*

Thanks for the update. It appears that the problem which I mentioned earlier wasn't solved at all when I was trying to install a zip. Couldn't go back to external sd since I can't navigate back to root so I'm stucked in the /data folder. Sorry to bother you but just letting you know:cyclops:

1. While using the file manager, once u navigate to /data there is no way of going back to /. For the file manager tapping on the ".." brings u back to the previous folder but in /data the ".." is not present so u can't move back to ur external sd card since u can't access /. hope u understand what i'm trying to say lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: lg m840

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys, I want to present you the

TEAM WIN RECOVERY PROJECT
    (TWRP)

v2.X for our Transformers

This is the touch version of Team Win's recovery project.
    It is already avaiable for many devices, but not for ours, so I ported it.

In addition, I am the responsable developer and maintainer for this recovery, so if any errors occur, please post them in this thread and I will see what I can do.

WHY did I port this ?

• We do now have a fully functional file manager in the recovery system
    • The GooManager app lets you now install .zips directly through the open-recovery scripting system
    • You can queue .zips for flashing in recovery, makes installing new roms MUCH easier !

WHICH features do we have after-all ?

• Key Features:
      • Ability to save custom recovery settings
      • Default partitions to back up
      • Default zip folder location
      • Default color theme (lots to choose from) (Thanks to ffolkes!)
      • Default Time Zone (for more accurate time stamps)
      • Zip Signature Verification
      • Zip md5 Verification (looks for file with zipname.zip.md5)
      • Ability to flash multiple zips in one go
      • Ability to select which individual partitions to backup, and restore.
      • Ability to choose compression or no compression backups.
      • Compression takes longer of course, but you save roughly half the space. EVO3D's stock system uncompressed is ~800mb, 380mb compressed. You choose.
      • Ability to auto restore GAPPS on zip flash (for CM based ROMS)
      • Ability to auto reboot after successful flashes (for the lazy)
      • Some devices utilize their capacitive buttons in recovery.
      • Home - Main Menu
      • Menu - Advanced Menu
      • Back - Up a Menu Level
      • Search - Select Current Selection
      • Battery Level and Timestamp (Better safe than sorry)
      • Fully working terminal emulator (with exclusive fixes by me)
    WHAT does work ?

• The file manager
    • Using internal and external storage mounts
    • Backup & restore
    • Zip file installing
    • Mounting devices
    • Everything else ?

WHAT doesn't ?

• OpenRecovery scripting
    • You tell me !

A FEW NOTES

• OpenRecovery scripting for GooManager and others does currently *NOT* work, this is because the init.rc is missing a recovery boot flag, because of this the GooManager app fails to pass the correct recovery command to our device. This will be fixed very soon !

• ??? --- Profit.

DOWNLOADS

FLASH THE TWRP-X.zip file in your current recovery!

NEWEST DOWNLOADS ALWAYS AT
    android.lensmangallery.com

Code:
    [FONT=Georgia] 
    [B]v2.2

[/B] [/FONT]
    [LIST]
    [*][FONT=Georgia][B]Fixed EVERYTHING.[/B]Really. No bugs left ![/FONT]
    [*][FONT=Georgia]When installing a zip, you can now choose from internal or external storage right from the 'install zip' page, just like in Rogue Touch Recovery ![/FONT]
    [*][FONT=Georgia][B]Added a super-awesome terminal emulator in 'advanced' page ! Try this out, it's amazing, really ! [/B][COLOR=Red]In addition, it has a special goodie by me, the command you type in, and hit enter, would normally stay there until you delete it manually each time. I fixed the source, so it goes away after hitting enter, just like a real command prompt ![/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/LIST]

[B]v2.1.8 FINAL[/B]

[LIST]
    [*][FONT=Georgia]Fixed the 'free disk space' shown on backup tab. Now it displays always the correct size which is left for backups, either internal or external storage. Both do fully work now.[/FONT]
    [*][FONT=Georgia]Fixed the *EXTERNAL* storage automount, when you change your storage paths (mount->change radio buttons), while clicking the 'using external sdcard', the external MicroSD gets automounted. It gets auto-unmounted again when hitting 'using internal storage'[/FONT]
    [*][FONT=Georgia]Fixed the boot partition backup system. Since we cannot backup /boot , I excluded this partition from the whole nandroid system. The button in the backup tab is gone now, so no choice to fail at backing up anymore ![/FONT]
    [/LIST]

[FONT=Georgia] [B]
    v2.1.8

[/B] [/FONT]
    [LIST]
    [*][FONT=Georgia]Initial release[/FONT]
    [*][FONT=Georgia]Based on newest TeamWin Sources[/FONT]
    [*][FONT=Georgia]Touch recovery[/FONT]
    [*][FONT=Georgia]Tablet UI (1280*800) resolution
    [/FONT]
    [*][FONT=Georgia]Modified recovery.fstab & BoardConfig to make this compile.[/FONT]
    [*][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=Red][B]SOURCE[/B][/COLOR] is at [/FONT][URL]https://github.com/skirata/device_asus_tf101[/URL] and [URL]https://github.com/skirata/Team-Win-Recovery-Project-v2.X[/URL]
    [/LIST]
    Credits

Team Win

Team Douche

Cyanogenmod

Shane Francis

Roach2010

Quick update :

Stay tuned folks !
    v2.2

v2.2 Release - Get it now !

Changelog (from the op) :

v2.2

• Fixed EVERYTHING.Really. No bugs left !
    • When installing a zip, you can now choose from internal or external storage right from the 'install zip' page, just like in Rogue Touch Recovery !
    • Added a super-awesome terminal emulator in 'advanced' page ! Try this out, it's amazing, really ! In addition, it has a special goodie by me, the command you type in, and hit enter, would normally stay there until you delete it manually each time. I fixed the source, so it goes away after hitting enter, just like a real command prompt !