[MOD] 240 DPI apps for samsung roms [updated 30/11/12]

Search This thread

intelli78

May 28, 2010
Good news-it doesn't fc anymore. The handwriting mode seems to be 100%.

Bad- keyboard is small.

Take a look at attached. Thanks once again!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353517739874.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353517739874.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 311
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353517751132.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353517751132.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 301

flamebeats

Aug 1, 2010
Los A
Keyboard is to small but works.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353518039865.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353518039865.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 287

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Thanks for your work. Is there a fix for the dialer yet

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Will look Into it again once I finish this keyboard, seeing two different apks simultaneously will mess both:)

Good news-it doesn't fc anymore. The handwriting mode seems to be 100%.

Bad- keyboard is small.

Take a look at attached. Thanks once again!
Oh that can be scaled, test the floating keyboard and post a Screenshot of it too mate

《Samsung rom》

intelli78

May 28, 2010
Here you go. Same thing. I didn't even know this feature existed...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353518569353.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353518569353.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 296

intelli78

May 28, 2010
Now you know;)... Btw that's the actual size of the floating keyboard mate, the additional space on the right side will be trimmed down with next release :)

《Samsung rom》

Cool, gotcha. That is great. Just out of curiosity, how are you even doing this? Is the source available or are you reverse engineering somehow? It's pretty impressive. We all appreciate it.

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Cool, gotcha. That is great. Just out of curiosity, how are you even doing this? Is the source available or are you reverse engineering somehow? It's pretty impressive. We all appreciate it.

No source needed for this mate, it's an apk edit, a decent knowledge of reading xml structure and android app structure would do:) but you need loads of patience as may values needs a try and error method to perfect it. Testing those values without a device is kinda challenging though ;)

《Samsung rom》

Reactions: fryingpan0613

nerys71

May 13, 2008
trying it momentarily. got to reboot and move the file apparently this CWM can't read the internet SD card got to put it on the external sd card. (nothing to do with you)

nerys71

May 13, 2008
looks good in PORTRAIT (full). all other modes need work (I thought I remembered the number keys being taller?? could be my imagination)

anyway landscape still shrunken (pics uploading now)

in FLOAT mode the keyboard is way too small. instead of eliminating that dead space (which is smaller now) I think you need to enlarge thekeyboard.

even with the stylus that keyboard would be a tough nut to use in floating mode. Pics momentarily

Portrait
O2HLDl.png

Landscape - http://i.imgur.com/wnqC9.png

Float Portrait - http://i.imgur.com/MrJFp.png

Float Landscape - http://i.imgur.com/c7tcq.png

I will just stick with CWM till these are all done at least this way we know it works with both all of them.

Interestingly HAND WRITING mode for the keyboard looks scaled right in both portrait and landscape (pics coming)

Hand Writing Portrait - http://i.imgur.com/KM0ji.png

Hand Writing Landscape - http://i.imgur.com/KwsQu.png

Last edited:

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Great feedback nerys71;I forgot to modify landscape mode, I'm half sleepy hence might have forgot that:D, yeah the floating keyboard is small, I'm trying to find ways to scale it bigger, that one part sucked most of my time today, else I would have released it much earlier. Off to bed now, will release the full fixed version this morning (my time ;)). Gn buddy

《Samsung rom》

nerys71

May 13, 2008
man you rock. 99.9% of my typing is in portrait so its already my primary keyboard again :) hehe

I seriously appreciate you working on this stuff. I hope others show their appreciation too. All I am doing is testing files but I KNOW this has got to be eating a ton of your time.

you should see about nabbing a Note II if you can. its a seriously wicked piece of equipment :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Regular Disclaimer: Flash it at your own risk

I have spent hours to work this out without a device in hand ,if you find my work useful consider a donation ;)

I have been making some mods to scale all samsung apps @240 dpi for international s3. Now with requests from sprint note2 users im extending my work for sprint note2 users. All these mods are universal , so you can flash it over almost all deodexed roms.

A big thanks to @nerys71, its because of him i started working for sprint note2 dpi mods:)

Apps included in the package(based on LJC rom)

*camera
    *calculator
    *dialer
    *flashbarservice
    *popupbrowser
    *launcher

Instructions

1.Backup the above mentioned apps if needed.
    2.Enter CWM and flash the zip.(Only CWM!!)
    3.Enjoy!

Thread Changelog

30/11/12
    > added 240 dpi twlauncher

27/11/12
    >added clockpackage

24/11/12
    > fixed thumbnail preview selection for samsungcamera

Downloads:
    240 dpi mod universal without contacts
    240 dpi clockpackage
    240 dpi launcher(universal)
    240 dpi dialer universal

Note: I do not have this device, but this mod has been tested and it is working;)
    So who wants 240 DPI keyboard today ? ;)
    Will make it by next week. In busy schedule this week:) all lk8 mods will be twrp and a few will be multi dpi compatible too.

《posted from cm10.1》
    winrar opens the zip fine. there are two root folders. META-INF and mode

there is a zipalign file in the mode folder

I have ZERO skill at this so DO NOT apply this without a backup I may have done it wrong and may screw your phone !!! remember its a $700 phone

I unzipped it replaced the zipalign file and then zipped it back up again. I am assuming its that simple? (bala?)

try it and see what happens in twrp
    test 3 zip, now this should scale good with bothe portrait and landscape mode, popup kboard might be smaller ;)