Sprint is pushing KitKat OTA!!!

Search This thread

Stephanie95

Jun 20, 2010
I can't unlock/root my phone... I did the OTA update to 4.4.2

I tried "OneClickRoot" identifies the phone, gets to stage 4 root not guaranteed -doesn't finish - errors

HTCdev website stops the process at: AdbWInApi.dll is missing from my computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. What program? Fastboot?

Htc One Max Boot switcher - says unlocked- but isn't. System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'AndroidLib, Version=1.5.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'AndroidLib, Version=1.5.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

rumrunner 0.5.0 soju.exe
ERROR: looks like device is not rooted AND lacks an unsecure kernel. su or FU!!! Press ENTER to exit.

any helpful ideas? :)

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
I can't unlock/root my phone... I did the OTA update to 4.4.2

I tried "OneClickRoot" identifies the phone, gets to stage 4 root not guaranteed -doesn't finish - errors

HTCdev website stops the process at: AdbWInApi.dll is missing from my computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. What program? Fastboot?

Htc One Max Boot switcher - says unlocked- but isn't. System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'AndroidLib, Version=1.5.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'AndroidLib, Version=1.5.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

rumrunner 0.5.0 soju.exe
ERROR: looks like device is not rooted AND lacks an unsecure kernel. su or FU!!! Press ENTER to exit.

any helpful ideas? :)

Firewater???

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Stephanie95

Jun 20, 2010
I finally got it unlocked using HTCdev website... got the lockcode and flashed it from CMD prompt :)

Murrda

Apr 30, 2013
Long Island, NY
Hey can someone do a system dump and pull the kernel for me as well? For the system just plug the phone in and do "adb pull system" zip it up and upload it somewhere, for the kernel you can "dd" it to your internal or external SD, you can do that like this "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p37 of=/sdcard/boot.img" oh and make sure in terminal or windows users cmd that your adb session is running as root.. So do this

adb shell (press enter)

su (press enter)

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p37 of=/sdcard/boot.img (press enter)

You can do this using the terminal app from with in the phone, just open it up type "su" then the "dd" command.. Using a file manager from your phone i.e: Astro File Manager, Root Explorer, etc etc and find the boot.img, upload it somewhere and send me the link..

I'd like to try and see if I can get this booted on the Verizon HTC One Max, thanks guys and gals...

Arabroid

Mar 30, 2014
Currently I have 4.3 viper max ROM and my phone is unlocked for t mobile will I lose unlock if I flash stock 4.4? Or what's the best way to update to KitKat but still keep my unlock?

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

So is that a flashable zip?

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using xda app-developers app

No it's just a system dump, but I'm wondering @Jm@n if I could use this dump, deodex it with Universal Deodexer, & than make a flashable stock rooted ROM out of it? It would be my first time trying this but it seems simple enough.

Sent from my HTC One Max

Jm@n

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 21, 2012
Bristol CT
No it's just a system dump, but I'm wondering @Jm@n if I could use this dump, deodex it with Universal Deodexer, & than make a flashable stock rooted ROM out of it? It would be my first time trying this but it seems simple enough.

Sent from my HTC One Max

I already have a deodex rom and when I fixed the few fc problems it has, I'm going to share, but yea, I uploaded that so others can do their own thing too

cstrife999

Jun 18, 2010
Hermitage
Are there any improvements with the cell radio in this update? Or has anyone noticed improvements?

Honestly I have tried to dismiss this as a placebo effect, but my radio does seem to be better. About a 7 to 10 dbm difference. However I also did a PRL update as well. Hoping that they fixed the issue with standard non spark LTE which they didn't.

jonathan3579

Mar 12, 2010
Houston
Anyone else had this issue? It's popped up quite a few times now.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1396227166337.jpg
    1396227166337.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 142

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got my 4.4.2 update from Sprint for my Max. Here are the details:

Baseband: 1.48.50.0109
    Build Number: 2.09.651.1 CL322272
    Kernel Version: 3.4.10-g156c304
    HBOOT: 2.49.0000

Did you happen to grab the zip for us unlucky ones who Sprint hasn't deemed worthy of an update yet?

Sent from my HTC One Max

I already have a deodex rom and when I fixed the few fc problems it has, I'm going to share, but yea, I uploaded that so others can do their own thing too

It's not in /cache. Was in sdcard/download. Anyway I'll share ☺

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I posted the new rom deodexed here if anyone wants to try it out
    As long as I flash stock recovery I should be able to do this stock rooted correct?

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using xda app-developers app

Yes. I locked the boot loader. Then flashed the old RUU to get stock recovery. Then upgraded OTA. Then unlocked the bootloader again through HTCDEV. Then put TWRP on and rooted again. Long process but it works.