[ROM] HTCClay's SuperCSDI v4 Remix

Search This thread

Gekx

Sep 9, 2009
What's the spl requirement and card layout for this rom.?
I'm using the "hard" spl but I think haykuro's "death" spl will work too... don't quote me on that.
As far a card layout refer to the original post. I think I explained that one pretty well. You wanna partition like you would for cyanogen : fat32, then ext3 or ext4, then linux-swap. Make sure its at least 64mb

PS. I've been playing quake on this rom and its smooth as ice! The framerate makes me forget I got the g1 years ago! It almost seems like I got a new phone :)

aldaris652

Mar 11, 2010
Newark
I'm sorry about the noob question but how do you:

3. If you already have swap and either ext3 or ext4 partitions then your good to go. If not your going to want to partition out your SD card like so:
(remainder) fat32, (512mb-1gb) ext3 or ext4, (at least 64mb) linux-swap. IN THAT ORDER!

IN THAT ORDER?, what's that supposed to mean. I got the amon ra 1.6.2 rcvry console, and when i partition i do swap 96,ext2 512, fat32 remainder... in that order, i'm not sure on what you mean by what you say... :[ sorry for the noob question, my gtalk is joseberrioramirez if you wanna hit me up on there thank you.

futangclan

Feb 15, 2006
I believe some apps don't show up b/c it is based on the CSDI ROM, which is Europe-based. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong...

Edit: These means those of us not in Europe may not see all apps.

Also market is broken. It does show paid apps, but not all apps show up in market. I somehow corrupted my apk backup and now I can't find musicjunk or pandora in the market. If anyone knows how to fix it let me know and I'll come back to this rom asap. Hope this helps others also. Have a good night.

Last edited:

htcclay

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2008
Atlanta
Hey guys,
I should have an update to fix the few issues at hand
sometime this week.
Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the remix.
In Christ
Clay

BlackTigerX

Mar 16, 2008
Working great here. Been using SuperD for the last 2 months but wasn't satisfied with the latest release so I switched to your mix of CSDI.

Speed difference is only minimal but it exists, CSDI is slightly faster imho ;)

I think the MT3G is at its limit now, this is the best possible, sticking to this mix.

Gekx

Sep 9, 2009
IN THAT ORDER?, what's that supposed to mean. I got the amon ra 1.6.2 rcvry console, and when i partition i do swap 96,ext2 512, fat32 remainder...

All i meant was that everything i read about partitions says that fat32 should be first, then ext2/3/4 , and last should be your Linux-swap.
I do see where your coming from with swap first because its at the front of the disk so it should be faster right? ... I don't know its just a guess I'm probably wrong ha :)

In this case 3 or 4 should be used with this Rom because when you setup apps2SD you use an app included with it called SupSetup 4. This app tells you to use ext3 or ext4.
SupSetup 4 is used also to turn swap on. Make sure you reboot in between turning on apps2SD and swap. You'll get force close errors if you don't.

It may work for you other ways such as the way you have it setup but I know my way works with the HTC Dream/G1.

Ive been running this way for a couple days now and the only issue i get every-once-in-a-while would be with Beautiful Widgets having a prob but my homescreen resets in like 5 sec so its no biggie.

Hey i don't think i said it before but great work on all the devs parts for this one!
Its definitely a reason to be glad you have an android and all the great minds that are working to make it the best is can be.
Even for us poor saps that are stuck with the OG unit ;)

Last edited:

G1ForFun

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 1, 2010
All i meant was that everything i read about partitions says that fat32 should be first, then ext2/3/4 , and last should be your Linux-swap. I do see where your coming from with swap first because its at the front of the disk so it should be faster right? ... I don't know its just a guess I'm probably wrong ha :)

In this case 3 or 4 should be used with this Rom because when you setup apps2SD you use an app included with it called SupSetup 4. This app tells you to use ext3 or ext4. SupSetup 4 is used also to turn swap on. Make sure you reboot in between turning on apps2SD and swap. You'll get force close errors if you don't.

It may work for you other ways such as the way you have it setup but I know my way works with the HTC Dream/G1.

Ive been running this way for a couple days now and the only issue i get every-once-in-a-while would be with Beautiful Widgets having a prob but my homescreen resets in like 5 sec so its no biggie.

First of all you can use EXT2...works fine for me.

Second of all it does not matter the order that your sdcard is partitioned...as dude said..Amon Ra's Recovery does it Swap/EXT/Fat 32 <-- IN THAT ORDER and that's fine for the thousands of people that are using it.

Also, I have an issue with Beautiful Widgets on this rom as well...force closes every now and then for no reason.

njgheewala

Jul 1, 2007
Los Angeles
Hey guys,
I should have an update to fix the few issues at hand
sometime this week.
Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the remix.
In Christ
Clay

Sweet! Been reading this and debating a LOT about flashing this and making it a daily use??? Currently on SuperD's latest. Love the fact that I can have 3 5 or 7 windows to do swiping on. I am going to wait until the fix is done and release so that I can flash it on my G1.
Thanks Clay!

Gekx

Sep 9, 2009
First of all you can use EXT2...works fine for me.

Second of all it does not matter the order that your sdcard is partitioned...as dude said..Amon Ra's Recovery does it Swap/EXT/Fat 32 <-- IN THAT ORDER and that's fine for the thousands of people that are using it.

Also, I have an issue with Beautiful Widgets on this rom as well...force closes every now and then for no reason.

oh I had no idea that Amon Ra's Recovery did it like that. my bad. Ill probably edit that part. I learned how to manually partition a while ago so i usually do that when i wanna re-partition. lol.

Does Beautiful Home turn into the problem loading widget thing? Mine will do it at random also!:confused:

Last edited:

htcclay

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2008
Atlanta
Here are the fixes for:
Headset toggle
Alarm
MMS
Audio fix for Mytouch users.(So people can hear you when you are talking to them.)
Link: http://bit.ly/cipozJ
This should work fine for both G1 and Mytouch users.
Just flash like an update.
Haven't tried it...but it should work fine...
Nandroid/Bart just in case.
Clay

ChrisChavez

Jun 27, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga
www.youtube.com
Here are the fixes for:
Headset toggle
Alarm
MMS
Audio fix for Mytouch users.(So people can hear you when you are talking to them.)
Clay

YAY! A lot of people have been asking for this! I'm gonna do a video review for this soon. :)
Thanks, Clay! God bless =D

sianaka

Jul 28, 2007
hmmm.

I have tried using Market enabler on this rom to get all the market apps to show up, but I am not sure I am doing it right. Do I need to restart after using Market enabler? Or do I need to add custom values? Any help would be amazing. Thanks in advance:)

Noslice2002

May 22, 2007
Surprise
No fix for the 3.5 adapter either. This is my fave except for this issue. Works on every other rom I have used, except for csdi roms. Was hoping this fix would, well, fix it. No such luck Hopefully Clay can do something about it, if not, gotta try a new one. Need my music in my truck.

Edit: I unpacked the fix file and installed the apk manually, and it works! Also, you must uninstall then re-install the alarm clock. It works as well. Thank you Clay. Poke a little fun fun our way more often Clay. Makes us think for ourselves on occasion! I appreciate all the work and effort you devs do for us. I apologize if we take it a little for granted sometimes.

Last edited:

Auramaster

May 24, 2009
Houston, Texas
I still cant get that alarm to work.

Same here :(
On a G1

I have tried using Market enabler on this rom to get all the market apps to show up, but I am not sure I am doing it right. Do I need to restart after using Market enabler? Or do I need to add custom values? Any help would be amazing. Thanks in advance:)

I got my all of my Apps to show up, but it says I didn't download them (like the free apps say FREE instead of installed & paid apps say PURCHASED instead of installed)..
I have "Pay Applications enabled" under Supsetup >> Options

All I can suggest is try leaving your phone with the market app running (like browse through it a bit)?

Last edited:

Gekx

Sep 9, 2009
Here are the fixes for:
Headset toggle
Alarm
MMS
Clay

Thanks a lot man your the best! I flashed the fix you posted and everything is working fine :):):):D

I'm using a G1 also but i did a fix in one of my eairler posts that basically removed DeskClock.apk and pushed AlarmClock.apk in its place. Maybe that will fix the issue for you guys still getting it?

Last edited: