[KERNEL]InfinityPLAY[CM/AOSP][FLASHABLE ZIP]

Search This thread

Lesicnik1

Feb 12, 2011
Slovenj Gradec
Question: CPU O/C to 800MHz...isn't that risky, the hardware O/C at 768MHz gets unstable, so how will battery/stability be affected by such a high clock speed...also anyone know how hot it runs at 800MHz?

I was thinking the same thing.
My phone crashes at 768MHz :(

Also, could you possibly enable undervolting?
(Can the Wildfire even BE undervolted?)

KeiranFTW

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
Question: CPU O/C to 800MHz...isn't that risky, the hardware O/C at 768MHz gets unstable, so how will battery/stability be affected by such a high clock speed...also anyone know how hot it runs at 800MHz?
I thought about this, depending on your device (some have more kick than others) you might be able to get this high, I did this because I have seen phones with 1GHz processors overclocked to 2GHz.
If you are stable at 768, you could try higher, but it is your choice.
can you add savagedzen governor?
I will try doing just that now.
I was thinking the same thing.
My phone crashes at 768MHz :(

Also, could you possibly enable undervolting?
(Can the Wildfire even BE undervolted?)
You will have to use a lower frequency then, I can't go any higher than 691MHz without crashes, but some people are fine on 768.
I am not sure about undervolting though.

KeiranFTW

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
Yeah likewise, I am stable and very few if any system FCs at 728 MHz...so theoretically you can add near 80% more CPU speed with the right governor? Haha wishful thinking I know but imagine the Wildfire at 810+ :]

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Yeah, I am going to put the CPU max speed back down to 768, and add some more governors.
I think 800MHz is a bit crazy, 768 is good.

Does anyone know how to do an update.zip? I have an idea to make a script that fetches the kernel and wifi module, then shoves it in a zip with an updater script and binary.
Currently looking at CM7 updater script in the zip to try and learn how to do these things.

Keiran

Sympnotic

Aug 23, 2010
Yeah, I am going to put the CPU max speed back down to 768, and add some more governors.
I think 800MHz is a bit crazy, 768 is good.

Does anyone know how to do an update.zip? I have an idea to make a script that fetches the kernel and wifi module, then shoves it in a zip with an updater script and binary.
Currently looking at CM7 updater script in the zip to try and learn how to do these things.

Keiran

Use jacob's package, just replace the zImage and initramfs :)

kaassaus

Mar 28, 2011
Oke everone says that wildfire
Crashes on 768mhz my wildfire is not crashing on 768mhz and i realy want 800mhz :D

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
Mine runs perfectly fine at 768 too, on every rom. 768 is fine for me though I don't think it needs pushing any further.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

sashirey

Oct 23, 2010
Minsk
To make things clear, at 768 MHz wildfire doesn't crash at any app except games, when you play for 2 or more hours it simply reboots. At 748 MHz it behaves the same. It's fully stable at 729 MHz, so 800 MHz it's unreal :)

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
To make things clear, at 768 MHz wildfire doesn't crash at any app except games, when you play for 2 or more hours it simply reboots. At 748 MHz it behaves the same. It's fully stable at 729 MHz, so 800 MHz it's unreal :)

Is that just from your experience or have you actually tested every single wildfire ever produced, I have 2 wildfires and both run perfectly fine and stable at 768, would also probably run just as well above this and have never rebooted on me after playing games continuously for a lot more than 2hours.

And just to make things clear some people cannot use the phone at 729 as it unstable and freezes.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Removed by request.
    Just added a flashable zip for the ones wanting it :)

Tnx man iam going to try it
    Update:
    Dont work it dont set to 800mhz it stuck on 768mhz :( i use set-cpu
    Tnx man iam going to try it
    Update:
    Dont work it dont set to 800mhz it stuck on 768mhz :( i use set-cpu

thanks for notifying me about this kaassaus, I had forgot to add something in the CPU tables.
    NOTICE: when testing high frequencies make sure that you have set on boot disabled.
    Bump, v6 is out with real fixed 800MHz overclock.
    Don't forget to say thanks.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
    Ill test it on a sense rom now and report.^^

I want this kernel for Sense based rom. if you create a kernel for sense, add the same governor (savagedzen, smartassv2, minmax, interactiveX...)

but guys, about undervolting?
    No idea about undervolting, might make a sense kernel with same governors :)

800mhz is good why 768mhz max than this kernel is as all the kernels.
    I thought you said you couldn't use this kernel because it crashes?

could you add voltage control? +100mv in 10mv increments
    running fine at 710/788mhz smoothass cm nightly 254
    Again, not sure about undervolting, haven't the faintest idea tbh.

About the sense kernel, don't think I will do it because of issues with wifi sleep policies and such.
    Most people use CM7 now anyway.

Keiran