(FIXED) Just took 10p update and now I can't root...

Search This thread

skullymullins

Oct 13, 2013
Madison, AL
Same problem here.

I was rooted, I unrooted, installed update and tried to root again but does not work.. Any help would be appreciated

======================================================================
= Simple Root Method for LG Optimus G
= Will work on ZV9 and Jelly Bean releases
= Script re-done by fiddy619
= Thanks to JCase, and Giantpune
= Donate to giantpune@gmail.com for his insight on the exploit!
======================================================================

[*] Waiting for device...(Connect your LGOG via USB in Charge Only Mode)
[*] Device found.

Beginning Root Process

Now change from Charge Only to MTP
No need to disconnect USB
Press Enter after making the change.

Press any key to continue . . .

adbd cannot run as root in production builds

error: device not found

If uid=0(root), gid=0(root) is displayed

Press Enter to Continue

Press any key to continue . . .

cdt82002

Jan 21, 2010
Root on 10p update

Just reinforcing on the previous posts on having root access with the 10p update IS completely possible. Its not as easy as other carrier phones but is still possible. I just finished getting the 10p update WHILE RETAINING ROOT... after flashing back to 10k update using the following the guide here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2302660

Then following the guide here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2362657&postcount=1.

After rooting I simply updated via software update in settings and voila 10p update and root. Entire process went buttery smooth.

Dcm210

Feb 14, 2011
Ormond Beach
Moto G Stylus
Just reinforcing on the previous posts on having root access with the 10p update IS completely possible. Its not as easy as other carrier phones but is still possible. I just finished getting the 10p update WHILE RETAINING ROOT... after flashing back to 10k update using the following the guide here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2302660

Then following the guide here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2362657&postcount=1.

After rooting I simply updated via software update in settings and voila 10p update and root. Entire process went buttery smooth.

thank you so much.

bailey37821

Sep 21, 2012
Just thought I would summerize all this (if its not completely clear yet)
If you are rooting to simply have some control over stock apps (killing all the ATT crap, like the address book back up that just wont stop!) then the best way is to root and freeze those apps. When you are ready to do an update just unfreeze those apps first and then ask for the update. When update is complete then re-freeze the apps. So far all the OTA updates have looked for specific changes to system apps for a clue that you are rooted. If it finds all the system apps intact, you will receive the update and most likely keep root.

ratedRaj

Aug 19, 2014
Anybody taken the same update? Universal root isn't working for me, it's saying it's a read only system. Any help??

((PROBLEM FIXED!!!)) HAVE PHONE ROOTED BEFORE, THEN USE TITANIUM BACKUP TO FREEZE AT&T APPS. Then update...enjoy still having root!

have you updated ?? can you please temme the Procedure ? or link ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anybody taken the same update? Universal root isn't working for me, it's saying it's a read only system. Any help??

((PROBLEM FIXED!!!)) HAVE PHONE ROOTED BEFORE, THEN USE TITANIUM BACKUP TO FREEZE AT&T APPS. Then update...enjoy still having root!
    You can root S4 though. Big difference between unlocking boot loader and rooting lol

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I wasn't talking about root. I was talking about the boot loader

sent from my lg g pro via tapatalk

That's what he's saying, basically the OP's problem differs slightly from yours in that although your phone was updated there was was still a means to root your phone even after losing the ability to unlock you boot loader. Meanwhile after updating the OP can't even get root. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though...
    that was my whole point. don't take updates unless you research first and make sure there is a root method.

I can CONFIRM 100% that you CAN UPDATE to 10p once you are rooted and use TITANIUM BACKUP to FREEZE the AT&T APPS. Tried twice...worked flawlessly both times. Hope I helped someone.:good:
    It doesn't matter if you freeze the apps. It matters if the apps are uninstalled.

Sent from my Optimus G Pro using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I never uninstalled them, only tried without being frozen, then with. Only updated with freezing. Not sure about uninstalling them.